"Plus+"-Games :-( (Maze Finger)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Habakuk, Oct 28, 2009.

1. Habakuk

Habakuk Well-Known Member

I've bought Maze Finger a while ago, always updated but not played. Now I tried to start the game but it won't let my play unless I create a "Plus+" community account!!! They want my age, my real name and my email address! Okay, that "Plus+"-account is free and they are telling that they will "protect my data" but I just wanted to play the game!!! Nothing more.

I hate such mandatory measures!!!

That's a NO NO. There should be an option if I want that "social community" or not. Is there any possiblility to play that game without filling out several forms? Thx in advance for all hints.

I am going to delete it and I want my money back!

2. Fudgeboy

Fudgeboy Well-Known Member

Aug 16, 2009
    Student
    UK
    just give false details...

3. kmacleod

kmacleod Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jul 1, 2009
    Artist / Writer / Designer
    California
    It's free and it enhances the game. I've signed up for the service since the beginning, and I've never once received a single piece of spam from them.

For me, the fact that it backs up your save data to their servers is worth the sign-up alone...

4. coconutbowling

coconutbowling Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    Student
    Pennsylvania
    I hate to break it to ya, but Maze Finger is a FREE game.

I know many people don't like Plus+, but I personally love it. Why don't you try it for a while with false information and see if it could be your thing?

5. Habakuk

Habakuk Well-Known Member

#5 Habakuk, Oct 28, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2009
    I want to play that game immediately and not to give any details—no matter false or true.

Good to know but I didn't want to care about any companies and their data protection behaviour. Just gaming.

I am fine, thank you. I'll let them know when I want to have my data on their servers.

You are right. Sorry—my fault.

Because I could free hardly five minutes to play the game and not to try anything else.

Thanks for your input, guys, but I've deleted MF. There are plenty of other games out there where it's left up to me deciding if and when I want to join a community or not.

Sorry for the game—it was funny when I played it for some minutes when it came out without that plusplus s**t. There should be an option in iPhone/iTunes to save and recall previous software versions.