RC Helicopter simulator

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by FrozenPepper, May 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FrozenPepper

FrozenPepper Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2009
    #1 FrozenPepper, May 22, 2009
    Last edited: May 23, 2009
    HI all! I'm here to give a little sneak peak of my next game.
    It's a radio commanded micro helicopter simulator, you'll have a very big house to explore (great 3D graphics), battery and damages you'll have to keep under control and some "helipads" where to land to have the battery recharged and damages fixed. What i like about this game are the controls, you have the same controls (and similar physics) of a 3 channel RC helicopter using multitouch.
    The game will be first released just as a simulator, but soon after a another version will come with Infrared guns, enemies and some missions and higher price....:).

I'm posting some screenshots and later today or tomorrow i'll post a video...

Please let me know your impressions and suggestions!
    Bye all
    FrozenPepper

edit: here is a video showing mainly the controls, notice that you get your battery charged when you land on one of the "heli pads".

Attached Files:

2. sjleworthy

sjleworthy Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2008
    3D & Architectural Artist
    Cardiff, Wales, UK
    what a great idea. as long as it's jerk free with a great frame rate you'll be onto a sure fire winner. gameplay is so much more a seller than the coolest graphics and special fx you can muster.

that said, i'll be a paying customer :)

reminds me a small bit of vertisim (only without the central column) - http://www.peterhirschberg.com/vertisim/ - a vertibird simulator for the pc. i still got my original vertibird :)

3. LBG

LBG Señor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    It looks good. The graphics could be a bit better, but it looks excellent. I am really bad with RC helicopters. I had a 4ch one. I could take off, but not land. It 'flew away' and crashed into a tree, lol.

4. robertf224

robertf224 Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2009
    Wow that actually looks pretty good

5. nuggetsman28

nuggetsman28 Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2009
    charlotte
    wow looks amazing!! price?

6. FrozenPepper

Feb 4, 2009
    I'm thinking of a .99 $ price for the launch and 1.99 for the simulator version, dont know yet about the game version.....

7. iFonePhanatic

iFonePhanatic Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2009
    Student
    USA
    Cool, looks great. I'll definitely get it if it's a buck

8. rIcHrAnDoM

rIcHrAnDoM Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    Frozen Pepper, awesomeness!!!

Guaranteed buy. You've already got me hooked on Smith Shooter, you come up with the BEST ideas.:D

9. Kamazar

Kamazar Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    Hahaha, I've "borrowed" three of my little brother's mini-copters... I've broken every single one of them (yeah, I owe him). This'll be a little cheaper. It's all in the physics. Get it right, they will beat a path to your door.

10. JavierDavalos

JavierDavalos Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2009
    Looks very interesting, congratulations on a good idea.

You might want to think about adding tracks and little competitions like that old snes game Pilot Wings, that'll make your game awesome.

11. FrozenPepper

Feb 4, 2009
    Wow, thanks all very much for the comments! (and Thanks rich_952000 !)

I've just added a video to the first post of the thread that shows the controls and a bit of the game feel in flight....

About the physics: at the moment i'm quite satisfied with the results i'm obtaining, sort of easy to control but still feels a RC helicopter (an easy one to control...).

Graphics are still partly under works so might change a bit (improving i hope).
    More info on the game coming soon for who's interested.

12. rIcHrAnDoM

rIcHrAnDoM Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    To all:

There have been developers who make promises with shallow/shady intentions. Frozen Pepper is a very honest, hardworking dev, I vouch 100% that any updates promised will be kept. :)

Btw, I like that you'll be releasing the simulator @ $.99 then updating with added missions, enemies and weapons. Very rewarding for early adopters such as myself! Kudos FP.

13. FrozenPepper

Feb 4, 2009
    #13 FrozenPepper, May 23, 2009
    Last edited: May 23, 2009
    HUm. double posted (due to connection problems...) and don't know how to erase this message, can just edit it....

14. FrozenPepper

Feb 4, 2009
    And thanks again rich_952000 ! It's great to hear that !
    But, i'm actually thinking of 2 separate games.. 1: cheap simulator 2: game (still cheap...), wich could grow with time..
    But don't worry at the moment i've plenty of ideas for the game version, and already thinking about version 2 while still have a lot of work on the first release....

JavierDavalos : yes i'm thinking of air tracks, and similar, i'm not yet totally sure of which way i'll go... For the simulator i was planning something like: in every room there is something to pick up, pick up all the "things" from all the rooms in shortest time.. Suggestions and comments are very much appreciated!

15. VoodooVyper

VoodooVyper Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2009
    Hey FP, the video isn't showing up on the post correctly.
    Try this {YouTube}HnaPBHeRiN4{/Youtube}

Replace the { with [

16. FrozenPepper

Feb 4, 2009
    thanks VoodooVyper, did so, hope it's better...

17. LBG

LBG Señor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    The video looks good. All it needs is some cats to crash into :D.
    Is that a crack in the door I noticed at the end of the video? Another room?

18. lord-sam

lord-sam Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2009
    United Kingdom
    i will buy

i will buy as soon as the alleged update comes out with the shooting enemies because last time an update was promised like this with another developer it never came and it never will. so just to be sure, i'm gunna wait.

19. DaveMc99

DaveMc99 Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2009
    Seattle, WA USA
    Please read that again.. it is whole different app that will be the game.

20. muchus

muchus Member

May 20, 2009
    Leeds, England
    Looks good.
    A minor niggle, but the tail rotor needs spinning 90 degrees.

Apart from that, it looks like another app I'll be getting when it comes out.