iCade compatibility list/wishlist

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by laxking97, Jul 30, 2010.

1. RayZZoo

RayZZoo Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2011
    Belgium
    #281 RayZZoo, Sep 20, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2011
    Muffin Knight is a must-have for all the iCade owners :eek:

The game responses very well with iCade. Even in the menu, it is completly supported. I never played before this update, but the game is very fun, and the graphics are beautiful.

And the price is not high. So, no reasons to bypass.

According to me, some possible improvements :

- when we choose the bluetooth controller in the options menu, is it possible to not show the arrows and the buttons which are bottom of the screen ? It is not necessary, and we will be able to benefit of the nice graphics
    - when we unlock a new character, or a new map during the game, the iCade button to accept doesn't work. So, we have to touch the screen.
    - after to have choosen a map in the menu, we have a screen before the game start, and here also, the iCade button doesn't work and we have to touch the screen.
    - I don't like that the stick allows also to jump when there is a button for that. For me, it's more easy to use the button to jump and the stick to move left and right. Now, sometimes, I jump with the stick unintentionnaly.

For the rest, everything is perfect. Nice work, the developpers ;)

2. GuerrillaBob

GuerrillaBob Well-Known Member

Hey RayZZoo!
    Glad you're having fun.. we actually had requests to make the characters jump when moving the joystick up.
    The iCade SDK we had was pretty basic, so it was a bit hard to check all the time when the device is connected or not.. that's why the in-game buttons are still present. If we removed them, some people may get confused and think the game doesn't work anymore (in case they accidentally turn bluetooth to 'arcade' mode)
    We'll try to improve the pop-up navigation. Thanks a lot for reporting those issues!

3. farmboy74

farmboy74 Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2011
    Uk
    The latest update for Asteroid dust does not include Icade controls

4. cplr

cplr Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2011
    #284 cplr, Sep 20, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2011
    I suggest providing a setting to disable up-to-jump (fine if it's on by default). Also, I understand what you mean about accidentally turning the setting on without knowing what it does, but I think if a user does this and you receive text input from the iCade, it's safe to say you can hide the views (that's how Mos Speedrun works, and it is a good implementation).

Really excited to try out Muffin Knight, though! I bought it the second I saw it was updated. Too bad I don't have an iCade at work.. although, my boss does... heh ;).

5. MJFox

MJFox Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2009
    Vienna, Austria
    #285 MJFox, Sep 20, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2011
    just reduce the size of the control-overlays until they dissapear... works for me :)

Edit: ok, for some strange reason this doesn't work anymore... yesterday I turned on bluetooth-controls in the game and the control-overlays were gone... after I turned bluetooth off again the control-overlays still were gone (and I was not able to control the character with the touch-controls, so they were not just invisible), so I entered the control-customization and found out that after pressing "+" a few times the control-overlays enlarged from "not visible" to normal size... but I can't reproduce this anymore today :-/

BR

MJFox

6. MJFox

MJFox Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2009
    Vienna, Austria
    #286 MJFox, Sep 21, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2011
  7. cplr

cplr Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2011
    after playing with muffin knight, i gotta say it's a lot of fun. the problem of having up-to-jump on the joystick isn't a problem at all, since the bottom left 2 buttons can be used for left/right movement anyway. and the on-screen buttons aren't a distraction either. another great iCade game!

8. farmboy74

Aug 26, 2011
    Uk
    I noticed this morning that Meganoid recieved it's update yesterday on the App store and also Stardash is live. With work getting in the way, not going to have chance to check these two out til Friday!

9. Carlos-Sz

Carlos-Sz Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2008
  10. farmboy74

Aug 26, 2011
    Uk
    #290 farmboy74, Sep 22, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2011
    Great, i'll download this one!!. Also just to confirm I managed a very quick go on Meganoid and Stardash and can confirm they both have Icade Support.

Stardash is a good example of what a gameboy game would look like on IOS but for fraction of the price!!. Be warned though both Stardash and Meganoid are old school platformers which offer a stiff challenge!
    One thing I would like to see would be that the on screen controls disapear when using the Icade. They don't distract you from playing the games, just a cosmetic change really.

11. wondy1972

wondy1972 New Member

Sep 3, 2011
    #291 wondy1972, Sep 22, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2011
    Got the icade and it rocks

yes. this is awsome. we icade users need to make some noise so developers out there get the message. icade controls should be supported by default.
    well if you like to see my unboxing and assembling flick look here:

http://vimeo.com/28946627

All retro arcade fans from germany. Conrad and Arktis are retailers of the icade. Go get it now!

12. cplr

cplr Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2011
    Space Inversion 2 HD is also free right now.

13. Black Hive Media

Black Hive Media Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2009
  14. RayZZoo

Aug 1, 2011
    Belgium
    Is it already out ? I don't find it on the Appstore...

15. Black Hive Media

Black Hive Media Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2009
    It's currently 'In Review' still. Probably be out in a week or so!

16. TravisR2H

TravisR2H Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2011
  17. farmboy74

Aug 26, 2011
    Uk
    Games like this are perfectly suited to the Icade, but having watched the trailer I'm not so sure on this one. It looks like to me one giant boss battle, where's the variation?

18. RayZZoo

Aug 1, 2011
    Belgium
    The updated version of Muffin Knight has removed the jump on the vertical stick. Now, we jump only with the button, and it's perfect :)

19. Panguin

Panguin New Member

Sep 27, 2011
    :D Mos Speedrun just went on sale if you don't already have it! Well worth the $1.99 asking price, a STEAL at $0.99!!!!

20. Carlos-Sz

Carlos-Sz Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2008
    I didn’t check the update yet but I liked the up to jump.