Game you bought turns free next day!

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Hambo12, Dec 1, 2012.

1. Hambo12

Hambo12 Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2012
    on the internet
    Has that ever happen? And how do you feel? :(

2. bramblett05

bramblett05 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    Don't bother me unless its 1.99 and up and happened once and I cussed the devloper out

3. Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing...bought it last Christmas whilst it was on sale, for it to turn free thanks to the Apple 12-days of Christmas promotion

4. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    It happens but not a big deal specially when the game might be 69p. It's worse in real life when a car or house drops in price!

5. kylera

kylera Member

Nov 27, 2012
    Seoul
    For me, it depends on the worth of the game. Some games, or just apps in general, I didn't feel too bothered when the prices dropped. As for others, I just throw them into AppShopper and wait for sales to take place.

Besides, now that we're approaching the end of 2012, it's going to be sales galore.

6. klarence

klarence Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    It's ok for me but don't lie to me, I hate capcom!
    capcom fooled me again and again, for IOS ,it's twice.
    first, they discount street fighter, after I bought it, they realeased volt.
    second time is street fighter x tekken, they said they will raise the price, but after I bought they discount it to 0.99.
    yes you have right to discount it but you can't lie like that.

7. ninjackid

ninjackid Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
  8. SkyMuffin

SkyMuffin Well-Known Member

May 24, 2010
    college student, ENG/WGS major
    Lexington, KY
    Why would I get mad over $0.99? The developer probably needs it more than I do

9. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Hey, leave the greedy, selfish kids alone. It's not their fault they have no understanding of the inner econimical workings of game development and their views on product worth and fair trade have been hideously skewed.

10. DigitalB33R

DigitalB33R Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2010
    Dead Trigger, Death Rally, Flight Control Rockets

tons of other stuff, basically I learned my lesson not to buy games that clearly shout "IM GOING TO BE A F2P SOON"

11. Greyskull

Greyskull Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Photographer/Social Sciences adjunct/sweet sweet l
    Fort Lauderdale
    Next day? Not sure. I DID buy Sky Gamblers at $4.99, TWO whole hours before it went on sale for .99. It's possible I could have bothered Apple for store credit, but...eh.

Oh...still have yet to install it. I can haz microSD slot pleaz?

12. Hambo12

Jul 23, 2012
    on the internet
    I mean like LILI $4.99 turns 99cent

13. Greyskull

Dec 13, 2009
    Fort Lauderdale
    It happens...but Lili didn't come out too long ago yet the price has been jumping up and down non stop. I'de much rather have sales fewer and farther between.

Or, and I was thinking about this last night...while no ios games are TOO old, it would be nice if, like with PC and console games, they stayed at one price for awhile but, as they get older, start dropping in price. a 4 year old game should probably be about 99 cents by now, unless it's been completely updated.

14. Filing Cabinet

Filing Cabinet Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2011
    Yeah it's happened to me a couple of times, at first I used to get annoyed, but then I realized there's no point as I myself have benefited so many times from apps going on sale/free and also most of the time it's only a buck or two, not that big a deal.

15. Greyskull

Dec 13, 2009
    Fort Lauderdale
    #15 Greyskull, Dec 2, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2012
    Exactly. If it's worth it to you at the time, then the price, at the time, must be right...right?

That being said it's a whole 'nother matter when the next day the game goes not just free 2 play, but an update comes out that adds in iapp and locks content that was once part of the paid game behind a paywall. :cough: Everplay whatchoutfortheirnewgamecomingout :cough:

16. DannyTheElite

DannyTheElite Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2012
    Forum poster
    Area 51
    I have 500 apps and this happens a lot ....
    I got dead trigger before it went f2p but they gave me a gun.
    The one that annoyed me was total recoil it went free after a week of release

17. DannyTheElite

DannyTheElite Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2012
    Forum poster
    Area 51
    Bravo and touch racing was the same
    Also a chess app did it but next update went back to normal.

18. Hambo12

Jul 23, 2012
    on the internet
    If i just waited i would have gotten a lot of things for free money wasted :(

19. Greyskull

Dec 13, 2009
    Fort Lauderdale
    #19 Greyskull, Dec 2, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2012
    You got a gun because you had the space to keep it installed. I didn't. And when devs say they reward people who have previously purchased a game from them, well...it's not true. I bought it. The fact that I removed it, temporarily so I thought at the time, meant no currency or guns for me. That is the way it is with every release, it must stay installed. I find it interesting that I've never seen a publisher or developer mention that obvious fact when tryin to ameliorate their customers.

Footnote: after they raised in-game prices and I didn't get what customers "supposedly" get, I decided not to ever reinstall the thing. I even signed up for the in-game cloud save. Too bad it didn't freaking work. If your going to screw up the game and it's over 500 mbs have your cloud servers running for crying out loud. They would have had to wait, what...a week longer to release it?

It's a shame, I loved the Samurai game, and probably would have bought Shadowgun if I hadn't dealt with Dear Trigger first.

20. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    It's not wasted if the goods you recieved had a worth equal to or greater than the amount you paid, and let's face it, they were greater.