Super Off-Road

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Atomicom, Aug 20, 2012.

1. Atomicom

Atomicom Member

Feb 3, 2012
    Hello

We launched our kickstarter campaign a few days ago at Gamescom and would love to get some feedback both on the game itself and our rewards.

Basically we want to make this the best mobile racing game and would be great to see if it's going in the right direction.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/superoffroad/super-off-road?ref=live

We worked with Francis from youtube/diablo 3 fame and think we nailed the kickstarter video and it's very funny.

best wishes

Gary

2. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Looks good. Would like to know about the controls though. Hope it's not tilt only

3. GPS

GPS Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Australia
    This looks awesome! What devices will be supported?

4. Atomicom

Atomicom Member

Feb 3, 2012
    Thanks for the compliment guys, we learnt the hard way about controls from our last racing game so this time we're going to have as much as possible, I personally don't like tilt but we will have those in there for people that do and then about 6 other modes of control, we'll also have customisable controls so you can drag them around the screen and resize them etc so it should cater for everyone.

In terms of devices we're going to support all mobile devices including iPad, iPhone/iPod, Android phones and tablets, Blackberry 10 & Playbook and also PC and Mac OS - we haven't had a huge uptake on the kickstarter campaign yet but if we were very successful we would also be able to do a console version as we have all the tech for that to.

5. GPS

GPS Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Australia
    Sorry to get specific, do you think it will support gen 4 iPod touch? I really hope this takes off for you guys.
    Off topic, is bang bang racing out yet? I tried to find it on both PSN and Android store but couldn't see it. Cheers.

6. Atomicom

Atomicom Member

Feb 3, 2012
    Hey GPS

Thanks for your reply - yes we will be supporting 4th Gen Ipod Touch.

Is your android phone a Tegra Device? you can only see it on Google Play if it is, also Bang Bang Racing is out on PSN and XBLA - it's also on Steam.

Not sure why you can't see it on PSN that's strange.

Best wishes

G

7. tso5818

tso5818 Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2011
    iANiMeX's left ear
    If I pledged $1,000,000 to your game. What do I get in return? Lol.

This game can actually be one of the best racing games on iOS devices. Yes cartoon style not realistic like Real Racing 2, but hot damn. This looks real good.

Hope you make your goal and hope to be the person to help you out with suggestions and ideas along the way. Already have a lot of ideas for some reason :D

Post some pictures on this thread to make it look beautiful too, because I just subscribed :)

8. AnarKitty

AnarKitty Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2010
    Minneapolis, USA
    I have to say, this looks very promising, and I'm a big fan of well-executed racing games, especially on mobile devices.

9. Atomicom

Atomicom Member

Feb 3, 2012
    Morning guys

[Tso5818]
    That's funny haha I wish :p for $1,000,000 you can be a partner in the company and tell us all what to do :)

That's such a nice compliment though thanks man and we're more than happy to share with you our progress on the game and will listen to your ideas, we have lots of our own to and we know we can make this a great mobile racing game as we've learnt what we did wrong on our last racer, Bang Bang Racing.

[Anarkitty]
    Thank you that's a nice thing to hear, we're trying our best to make this a killer app

If we don't hit our goal though it probably won't be out till the end of 2013 rather than our goal of March 2013 as we'd have to raise the money through somewhere else and that always takes a lot of time.

I'll upload some images this week to this thread and you can always sign up to our newsletter on our website www.atomicom.co.uk

Thank guys, hope I can continue to answer your questions about the game.

10. jumpman475

jumpman475 Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2009
    Student
    Ithaca, NY
    I have to say this looks amazing so far. Reminds me a bit of Mini Motor Racing, which I absolutely love. I'm really hoping you guys meet your funding goal. I'll try to spread word where I can.

11. Atomicom

Atomicom Member

Feb 3, 2012
    Thanks Jumpman, really nice of you to offer help spread the word, really hard to get it noticed even with great comments the guys at TA haven't yet covered our game.

12. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    Love how you got the raging guy to promote :)

13. Atomicom

Atomicom Member

Feb 3, 2012
    haha thanks LOLavi

I thought he was hilarious and figured it would be a good thing to make people laugh...did you laugh enough to donate though that's the question :)

14. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    I would if I was aged or at least had paypal... Sorry :(