Universal Darklings by MildMania

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by copaeci, Nov 26, 2013.

1. MildMania

MildMania Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2013
    Spawning Magical Games!
    Actually we save all data to iCloud, to be able to provide all saved data to all players, in theory it should work if your iCloudBackup is On but it works cranky sometimes, not controllable but still you have a chance to get it back :)

We're considering storing them on server in next update so you won't have to do anything if you buy it, you'll be able to restore it.

2. cloudpuff

cloudpuff Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk
    Just noticed the game is free thread, is this a temporary promotion thing or permanent?

3. MildMania

Nov 22, 2013
    Spawning Magical Games!
    #183 MildMania, Jan 17, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2014
    Yeah another surprise :)

Darklings is free in the weekend as a Free App A Day promotion :)

So you're more than encouraged to try it, but current version has flaws new one will be online in hour or so :)

4. cloudpuff

cloudpuff Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk
    Phew, I thought it had gone freemium for a minute, very pleased this is not the case, I recommended to my friends when I bought at launch but I'll def get back on their case now that's it's free.

5. MildMania

Nov 22, 2013
    Spawning Magical Games!
    Darklings Stable version 1.1.2 is now Online!

Sorry for the inconvenience with v1.1.1

Let us know what you think about the Companions,
    New levelling system ( it stays on mountains if you die on mountains),
    New in-game tutorial
    New in-game leaderboards :)

Hope you all love it! cheers!

6. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    @MildMania Just a friendly advice: the Spanish translation IS terrible. Looks really bad with many many typos, things without translation and more. Its really bad, please give us the option to switch to English please.

7. yankev22

yankev22 New Member

Mar 14, 2014
    #187 yankev22, Mar 14, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2014
    Hit 10 stars on the ground

So I downloaded darkings yesterday. I have been enjoying the gameplay, the aesthetics, and I like that its actually challenging also.

I've gotten quite annoyed recently though. The mission I'm on is to "Hit 10 stars on the ground". I have tried everything I could possibly think of in order to complete this and have so far been entirely unsuccessful. To make this more frustrating, I'm only on mission 2 so I'm not very far into the game.

I've been scouring the internet for this and I've had no luck. Can anyone help me understand how to beat this mission and what I'm doing wrong?

I did actually get 1/10 of this challenge and I have no clue how.. More confusion. HELP!

8. MildMania

Nov 22, 2013
    Spawning Magical Games!
    Hello Yankev,

You have to throw the stars to the ground. You should throw them fast because they rise again if you throw them slow. When the stars hit to the ground, they explode. That's how you can complete that mission :)

Hope that works.

9. MildMania

Nov 22, 2013
    Spawning Magical Games!
    hello Frost,

Thanks for the advice. We will check the translations again. As we don't know Spanish and worked with a translation company that was a little bit out of our control. But we will test them again asap.

Thanks again.

10. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    I've never been able to load this game without crashing on the intro part. Im using an ipad air 128gb.

Anyone else having problems starting the game?

11. oSNAPitsTRACY

oSNAPitsTRACY New Member

Mar 18, 2014
    Downloaded Darklings yesterday because it was app of the week (Yay!!) and I'm completely hooked. Sooooo addicting.

I've fully upgraded the magnet booster and bought some of the other boosts too but they never ever show up during game play, ever. Not sure if I did something wrong (or haven't done something right). Help?

12. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    Oh you paid for that? If you give me the text of your game I can translate it for free, well, not free... if you add a permanent coin doubler :p

13. Nekomikoto

Nekomikoto New Member

Mar 18, 2014
    This game is very interesting :) although I don't know if the sharing daily for stars is working (at least for me) I've set it up so it's connected to my twitter and facebook but for twitter when I click on the button nothing happens (and when I share on facebook I don't think I get any stars from it? and I can't exit the shop after that, I have to restart the app to get out) there is also an inconsistency because in the shop when you click "Get more" it says you get 250 daily, but when you play and die there's a picture on the top left that says you get 150 daily

14. vorsilva

vorsilva New Member

Mar 20, 2014
    Addicted but confused

I'm new to the game so these may be easy questions.

I have an iPad 3 and an iPhone 4s. iCloud backup is active for this app on both devices, but my stars and progress aren't syncing. Does anyone know how to fix this? Also, how does everyone know the character names? Is there a site or instructions I'm missing?

The game is great. It's the first thing I've ever gotten so hooked on.

15. Nekomikoto

Nekomikoto New Member

Mar 18, 2014
    For the character names you simply go to the homepage and click "souls" and it will have all the names of the monsters/lums :) simply scroll left/right to view them (the monsters are organized based on the 3 locations/stages)
    I don't know about your progress synch problem though :(

16. Leabis

Leabis New Member

Mar 27, 2014
    Help!

Hi! I love Darklings .. it's overall a great game! I need some help though.. I'm at level 8 at the moment, and my mission is to be killed by Lisa to reach level 9. But it doesn't work.. Maybe I'm doing it wrong but I'm just standing there waiting to be killed by the darkling, Lisa. Is that correct? If yes then you need to fix it # .. Thanks!

17. 0ld Gamer

0ld Gamer Active Member

Aug 20, 2015
    very nice game :cool: