Universal Heroes and Castles - (by Foursaken Media)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jan 16, 2013.

1. Jellowpy

Jellowpy Active Member

Mar 23, 2011
    First of all great game have always been a foursaken supporter almost of all of their games are instabuy for me..

Anyway Anyone experiencing problem that i have? My game have restarted but my level have stayed the same lvl 21 for the engineer and around lvl 10 for warrrior and paladin... Worse thing is that my game is back in stage 1 and everytime i try to start a session my game reboots and kick me out of the game.. Iam ok with restarting the game tried deleting and redownloading the game but still my current level stays the same but game stages resets at level 1...

It sucks bcause i have a legendary Rune that have +35% crit and +5 damage =(
    Any solution on this?

2. Mookmonster

Mookmonster Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2010
    While I believe you, how does your picture support your story?

An actual fix for cheats like this might be very difficult. Even though it uses gamecenter, my guess says that the actual game is hosted locally by one of the devices. Local hosting means its really easy to hack the game and do this kind of garbage. Only solution I am aware of that has any chance of working in the long run is to have hosting on an independent server (third party), which I doubt foursaken can afford. Nor is this a guaranteed fix as hackers usually find some loophole somewhere.

As for how people got 1+ hours in co-op. Beats the crap outta me. I can't get a game to last more than 10-15 minutes, then I crash. Obviously a hack, and I'm sure now that its been noticed, foursaken will take care of it.

3. McCREE

McCREE Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2010
    I don't understand. The battlefield is littered with the best possible units from every aspect of the game and the only enemies on the screen are "round 1" skeletons.

4. GR3NADE

GR3NADE Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2011
    Czech republic
    Well I think they can afford it - I think we had this in bug heroes. It was pretty cool, there was score, rounds survived and 3 heroes which were used. I'd like to see it again in this game :)

5. Primoz

Primoz Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2012
    I did not cheat, I did not hack. My score is legit, believe it or not.

I'm just gonna say that Fours4ken must balance the game better.

6. Mookmonster

Apr 11, 2010
    Gotcha, didnt notice it was just skeletons. Im too old to think straight! :)

7. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    Finally survived over 10 minutes playing with another pally. I couldnt find his body is why we died.

I thought he was insane for building a battle academy, but with 2 pallies, we were able to keep those darn peons alive for quite a while.

I noticed that after a wave of big bad asses, it got a *lot* easier with mostly just some snipers and necros, which we were able to survive even with a decimated army.

Got a 75 gold, 35 damage legendary rune. Probably not the best rune choice for a pally, but I might use it.

8. Foursaken_Media

Foursaken_Media Well-Known Member
    Patreon Indie

Actually, I hate to say it but I wouldn't be surprised if this is possible. Get 2 level 99 heroes with everything maxed out, and I wouldn't be surprised if you could last 4 hours >_< We had no idea people would be lasting this long. Thing is, currently, after about 45 minutes it doesn't get harder, so in theory if you found a strategy that can keep you even at that point, you could go forever...

I'll also double check with Connor to make sure this stuff can't be hacked though... which I'm pretty sure it can't, based on what we learned in Bug Heroes.

All of that being said, we've added some fail safes and increased the difficulty spike on co-op and endless around 20-30 minutes... should get noticeably harder. In the new balance you won't be able to last much longer than 1 hour, TOPS.

The lame part about GC is you can't reset a leaderboard or deal with individual scores. What I hope we can do is create an entirely new leaderboard, so beware, your times may be reset in the new leaderboard. But it'll be a clean, necessary slate for everyone.

Yeah, I hate to say it, but this is a bug and your data is corrupted. We can partially restore it in the next update - you'll have your hero levels back, an approximation of which stages you've unlocked, and we're giving those with this issue a few bonus crystals and runes. If you can't wait, then you'll have to uninstall, and reinstall :( We're really sorry about this, and it will definitely be fixed up for next update.

The sad part is I think these times are legit. Level 99 heroes are just that powerful. Balance is being tweaked to really ramp up after 20-30 minutes.

Yep - agreed. Late game doesn't ramp up enough at all. Was not anticipating people lasting this long!

9. ult

ult Active Member

Jan 20, 2013
    Foursaken, any idea on timing around when the next update will be submitted to apple for review?

10. Foursaken_Media

Patreon Indie

Submitting by the end of this week.

11. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    Finally got past level 19. My legendary rune with +75 gold +35 damage kind of trivialized it, because I was able to go to +5 gold before building anything.

Changed my mind, its a nice ruin, even for a pally.

12. Cronk

Cronk Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2013
    That rune blows all of mine out of the water. I still need to get a legendary tune tho.

15+ muns endless as 29 pally, and pretty sure I could get farther pretty easy. The 1 crystal no rune reward doesn't push me to try. Oh and pretty sure I used the same cheat-of-sorts primoz did, and it has nothing to do with high level hero. It's a balance issue, alla exploiting a few units.

13. Primoz

Primoz Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2012
    @Foursaken_media do you have a GC account? I want to play with you, I want to show you something you should fix in co-op.

14. McCREE

McCREE Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2010
    #1014 McCREE, Jan 23, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2013
    Well, there's still this. Dude I was playing with had all of this out before I could put up a gold mine, so something's fishy.

Attached Files:

15. Mookmonster

Apr 11, 2010
    The reason why I thought it would be impossible to go over an hour is not because of difficulty, but due to crashing. I can't get past 15 minutes, so perhaps its a device issue as well as the troll/chieftan thing?

16. McCREE

McCREE Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2010
    Gotcha. Well done, then.

17. Cronk

Cronk Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2013
    I just PMd them a bad one. Does yours trivialize even spectres (zero interaction from the hero)?

18. Primoz

Primoz Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2012
    No, it's not a bug I want to report. It's rather a huge, huge balance issue that must get fixed as soon as possible. @Foursaken_media, I hope you respond soon, for your own good...

19. Foursaken_Media

Patreon Indie

Can you PM us it?

20. Primoz

Primoz Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2012
    Nope. You must see it yourself :)