Dungeon Plunder - Old-school Isometric Dungeon Crawling RPG

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by DungeonPlunder, Dec 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. #1 DungeonPlunder, Dec 11, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2013
    [​IMG]

Dungeon Plunder is a roguelike dungeon-crawler with an isometric view.

Update: The game will be released on March 6!

So excited to have finally finished my first game ever.. Here's a rundown of the main features:

[​IMG]

** Full randomization of overland and underground maps **

Every game offers a different environment with a beautiful and diverse scenery, 90+ different monsters and bosses to defeat, ensuring several hours of replayability. Everything is rendered in classic yet crisp looking isometric style graphics.

[​IMG]

** A fun and engaging combat system **

Gone are the days of mindless tap tap until the mob dies with Dungeon Plunder. Combats are based on a pseudo-slots machine designed from the grounds up to be easily played on a mobile device: both your thumbs will quickly select symbols defining your battle moves for that round followed by a respin phase.

There's also a cooldowns management aspect: burn them too early or hold on them for too long may cost your life.

** 3 character classes with distinct abilities and playing styles **

At launch the Warrior, Mage and Rogue will be available to play with more to come. Each of them is different enough to play through the game several times.

[​IMG]

** Skill points distribution on level up and many equipment slots to manage **

I like RPGs with lots of equipment slots and skills customization so I shaped up Dungeon Plunder to be that way: every time you level up you will have 5 points to distribute among several different skills improving various aspect of your fighting abilities and your character has 11 equipment slots to upgrade

[​IMG]

** An extensive legacy system **

Roguelikes are typically merciless when you die. Dungeon Plunder is no exception but there's a twist: you will leave an inheritance to your next character such as gold, some of your old magical items and life scrolls that can heal you mid-fight.

You may even unlock higher starting levels for future characters of your class and earn the ability to scribe legacy runes: mysterious stones that provide buffs shared among all your future characters.

** Full game center integration **

40 achievements and 8 leader boards should keep you busy for a while with more to come in future updates.

** 8 Orchestral music tracks **

High quality music suited to your surroundings will accompany your travel enhancing your game playing experience. The album will also be available for download on iTunes.

[​IMG]

** Save the world! **

Ultimately you will confront an evil archmage conjuring an ice age: the environment will be covered progressively in ice and snow as you travel the perilous lands.

** Universal game and widescreen support **

Dungeon Plunder is a universal game with full support of the widescreen iPhone5 and iPod Touch 5th generation.

** Launch promo for a limited time **

As an early adopter your copy will be tagged as an Heroic Edition and you will be rewarded with an intermediate legacy rune of your choice providing a bonus to all your characters right as you start! Choose wisely!

I will update with the release date as soon as it's been determined.

2. bramblett05

bramblett05 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    Sent. Hope I get picked :)

3. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    #3 undeadcow, Dec 11, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2012
    Applied. Thank you in advance for any consideration. This game looks amazing despite alpha status, which I would be glad to endure. Bring it on, I hope i get in.

Edit: How are people not swarming over this? Also followed on twitter.

4. MrMojoRisin

MrMojoRisin Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    This looks great! I'm going to apply right now.

5. undeadcow

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    For what it's worth the correspondance from developer got sent to my Yahoo spam folder(?) but I got accepted! If you applied be sure to check your filters.

6. AceWizard

AceWizard Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2011
    Studying to become an Electrician
    Sweden
    Sent. Im a sucker for "retro" RPG's. Also reminds me abit about the Eschalon:Book, games. Which i loved.

7. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Looks great! Cant wait to play it on release! Wont apply for beta anymore since the dev wanted a small circle, but this game looks too interesting!

8. Hello,

First of all I want to thank everyone who joined and provided feedback through the alpha tests. Lots of quality insights were provided. Here's some updates on the game's development since the first post.

[​IMG]

- The game's campaign is now 75% done (up to level 15).
    - There's now a levelup system with points distribution.
    - I added a hardcore perma-death mode with a gamecenter leaderboard.
    - Gamecenter achievements.
    - Several new class skills and combat tweaks were introduced.

There's quite a bit still to do but it's progressing at a steady pace. I also decided to include a random map generator in the game to insure maximum replayability and provide a good bang for the buck at release.

9. undeadcow

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    From beta testing I can say Dungeon Plunder will be a quality title to keep an eye on.

10. bramblett05

Aug 29, 2012
    Yea the slots aspect is great the old school graphics fit this game well. This might be a underdog but us testers know how great it is and can be :)

11. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Niiiiiiiice... Cant wait for this!

12. Thanks for the good words about the game guys! That's the kind of things that help me to keep going.

Little update for those who follow the thread: Just sent a new version for testing with the following new features:

• I spiced up the combat system and added tutorial elements to it. I will show screenshots and/or video of it when closer to release.
    • There is now 5 new equipment slots for upgrade (amulets, rings, etc.) bringing it to a total of 11 slots to manage. They can be found rarely in chests.
    • Implemented new class skills and made them available at a lower level.
    • Life scrolls will drop in high quality chests and in boss's loot stash. They can restore life mid fight. They are a rare and very precious resource and their management is key to survival in hardcore mode.
    • Improved class balance and made some adjustments on the campaign map.

Next up: Complete the final 5 levels, the outdoor and dungeon random map generators and of course more balancing. Stay tuned!

13. bramblett05

Aug 29, 2012
    Yay updated beta:)

14. Final Boss

Final Boss Member

Jan 7, 2013
    old school RPG

It's looks old school role playing game, and I always love classic RPG game.
    I will try it~;)

15. Hello,

Here's the latest on Dungeon Plunder:
    • I completed the random outdoor and dungeon map generation.
    • The last 5 levels and ending sequence are in the game so it can now be completed.
    • 39 new creatures types were added (24 level 16-20 and 15 additional for levels 1-15).
    • Several high quality orchestral tracks were integrated.

I will prepare an update for the testers this weekend.

Also of note: all the graphics are being redone atm in an higher resolution - here's a quick sample so you can compare with the earlier shots:
    [​IMG]

I had 2 icons made for the game and am really debating which one I will go with - your opinion?

[​IMG] vs [​IMG]

16. undeadcow

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    #16 undeadcow, Jan 23, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2013
    I prefer the first icon; although the second icon is interesting. Also the details of the second icon might be lost when icon size.

The high resolution artwork looks nice. The Dungeon Plunder art design seems top notch.

Edit: With the second icon would it even be possible to see the eyes in icon size?

17. bramblett05

Aug 29, 2012
    First icon after playing the game it fits better

18. DahakaJR

DahakaJR Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2010
    I drive trains, Locomotive Engineer.
    Pacific Northwest.
    Having never played the game, I prefer the 2nd icon.

19. Atomos

Atomos Member

Oct 26, 2010
    I agree. I get the hobbit feeling with type one, but type two looks very intriguing.

20. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Is the UI in the screenshots final? It's about the only thing I don't like the look of, I think it should match the awesome pixel artwork.