Moon Boing - 3D Platformer now accepting beta-testers

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by SpaceHat, Dec 2, 2013.

1. SpaceHat

SpaceHat Active Member

Dec 2, 2013
    Video games developer and sole trader
    JCho133: Fair enough, I know which one you mean :) I'll make it a bit easier to get.

I've added a poll to TouchArcade asking people to help me choose an icon for Moon Boing. I'd be grateful if any of you would mind having a look and let me know what you think.

2. Lowlifemalakye

Lowlifemalakye Active Member

Dec 15, 2013
    Thanks for letting be beta test your game!

I've ran into some pretty major frame rate issues on my iphone4 to the point where I've died several times because it got so bad.

Other than that it seems to work pretty well for what it is. Maybe could use a little more variety, but overall good job so far!

3. SpaceHat

SpaceHat Active Member

Dec 2, 2013
    Thanks for the reply, Lowlifemalakye, and for testing Moon Boing. Are there any particular points in the game that the framerate suffers particularly badly, or does it happen when you do certain things? I've generally not had any significant frame rate hits on my iPhone 4, but I can tell it's struggling sometimes. Possibly it's worse on other people's devices.

Kevin

4. SpaceHat

SpaceHat Active Member

Dec 2, 2013
    Hi folks. We're into the last few days for this beta test, so if you want to join, please do so soon before the chance to play Moon Boing is lost... forever! Or until it's released, whichever is first. To join in, go to Testflight and register on up!

Cheers and thanks for all the help,

Kevin

5. djstout

djstout Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2011
    Sportscaster & football (soccer) coach
    Taiwan & Japan
    Thank you dev for letting me beta testing this game. This one is fun and good! I just played it a bit today and really enjoyed it, very simple, good gameplay and fun. I found no bugs and had no problem understanding what to do, it was very well explained. Good job!

6. SpaceHat

SpaceHat Active Member

Dec 2, 2013
    Cheers djstout. Glad you enjoyed it - I've been very happy with the great response from Touch Arcade Forums and you've all helped me squash a lot of bugs.

I've now submitted the game to Apple and hope to get a positive response in a week or two. The iOS phase beta is now over, but I've just started up the Android beta tests - if you want to take part, please get in touch. Of course, I'll let y'all know when the game is released!

Once again, many thanks. You folks have been brill!

Kevin

[​IMG]

7. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Looking forward to its release! I've only been in the early part of Beta, but the game was a fun one to test, and a blast to play.

8. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Congrats! You've made a great game. I hope everything goes well here on out!

9. SpaceHat

SpaceHat Active Member

Dec 2, 2013
    Cheers :) I'll let y'all know!

10. SpaceHat

SpaceHat Active Member

Dec 2, 2013
    Woo, and it's out! You guys and gals on this forum have been really important for helping me get the game published as bug free as possible - I got about 20 testers from here, which makes up the vast majority of those who volunteered. So lots of props!

If you enjoyed the game while playing the beta, please have a play of the final product, share the market page and leave ratings if you can - it's all crucial for giving the game as much exposure as possible and allowing me to survive in the wild for long enough to make new updates :)

Click here to see it in the Market
    [​IMG]