More details on Apple's Controller API, Crytek is in.

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by killercow, Jun 11, 2013.

1. killercow

killercow Well-Known Member

2. Lost_Deputy

Lost_Deputy Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Venue Manager
    Sydney
    #2 Lost_Deputy, Jun 11, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2013
    Yep agree bigtime!!!

That said if it doesn't have duel analogue they will be trumped. The ipega has dual analogue, is lightweight and fits any iphone or iPod. Aim higher

3. Aventador

Aventador Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2013
    Student
    Croatia
    I wonder what iPad will be getting :)

4. killercow

Well they say "Stand Alone" controller as well so that's what the ipad will be getting. With Dual Analogue stick I'm sure.

5. donka

donka Member

Nov 3, 2011
    Scotland
    One of the controller profiles does support dual analog sticks.

6. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    How fast will this kill all the current Bluetooth keyboard workaround type controllers like iCade? There are a ton of them that are in development, numerous kickstarters, etc. And I find it hard to believe with a proper controller API, many developers will continue to support the alternatives.

7. donka

donka Member

Nov 3, 2011
    Scotland
    Should kill them stone dead in their current form I would imagine as they have to emulate actions via delivered Bluetooth APIs such as the keyboard. This new API will allow multiple controllers connected at the same time although it is preferred to limit to 4 so the player devices can be identified by an inbuilt led system - much like current console controllers. It also supports four shoulder buttons as well as four face buttons and a d pad or dual analog and all are pressure sensitive so offers much more than current work around controllers like the iCade. It has been on the cards for a long time though - just glad it is finally happening now. Of course these controllers currently in development can just switch support for the new API with IOS7 instead and gain Apple certification.

8. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    If an apple-official dual analog controller hits, i will buy an new iphone to replace my 4s. That's a promise to myself and one i intend to keep.

I just hope there's a 5s by then, or my iphone5 purchase might kick me right back in the face.

9. killercow

#9 killercow, Jun 11, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2013
    Well with the API the good thing is every game supporting a controller will work with every "made for iOS" controllers so no need for an official one. And I doubt Apple will release one anyway.

Edit: Crytek's game is called collectibles and features touch and controller based input. It looks quite awesome too :)

10. killercow

#10 killercow, Jun 13, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2013
    "Some new information on the controllers has been made available to us from a variety of sources, including Czech site Jablickar.cz, which reports that Apple will team up with both Logitech and MOGA to produce the upcoming controllers. While no details on design have been leaked, Apple did provide two reference images to developers displaying a standalone handheld controller and an iPhone enclosure. The company is expecting the third party controllers to debut in the fall."

http://www.macrumors.com/2013/06/13/apple-working-with-logitech-and-moga-on-upcoming-mfi-game-controllers/

[​IMG]

I like that controller!

11. 7lilwhitewolf7

7lilwhitewolf7 Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2012
    Male
    Not hear on earth
    Georgia,Cleveland Ohio,Texas,New York
  12. SimianSquared

SimianSquared Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2011
    Game Developer
    England
    I guess The Other Brothers came out too soon guys! lol

13. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    Xbox 360 design. That is good, at least if it is not tiny.