Paper Train Rush (iOS and Android)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by isTom Games, Jul 7, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. isTom Games

isTom Games Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2013
    Hungary
    isTom Games proudly presents it's newest title, Paper Train Rush!
    Do You have what it takes to control a runaway train?

Paper Train: Rush is definitely not your ordinary 3 way runner!
    With it's multi railway system, insanely sharp bends and immense pace, it almost feels as if you are on a crazy roller coaster. Hop into one of the numerous trains with your favorite toy hero and travel through the railways of the exquisitely handcrafted paper world while avoiding all of the dangerous obstacles!

Be a total beginner or an endless runner veteran, this game has a lot of amazing content for you! You will be visiting various railways resembling a child's toyroom, full of joy and colors, playfulness and exciting action, and a constantly renewing terrain as it always builds up differently with every single start.

Get ready, sharpen your reflexes and jump into the stunning toyworld!

Paper Train Rush is coming soon on iOS (23th july, 2015) and Android (at a later date)!

2. dreadnok

dreadnok Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2011
    I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum I'm ou
    Looks great

3. amaurote

amaurote Well-Known Member

Aug 30, 2011
    cool, this is something new, not the boring 3 ways runner

4. Jayg2015

Jayg2015 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    I'll be getting this

5. new_ipodtouch5G_owner

new_ipodtouch5G_owner Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2015
    Canada
    #5 new_ipodtouch5G_owner, Jul 8, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2015
    Hi isTom Games,

WOW! Looks great. I really like the artwork for Paper Train Rush. I am looking forward to playing it.
    In the Paper Train Rush press kit it lists the following...

Sorry for the dumb question, but does that mean it will be a Freemium game?

6. dreadnok

dreadnok Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2011
    I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum I'm ou
    It will be like Subway Surfers free with iaps that won't effect gameplay, like different trains or characters or coin doublers but you will be able to play without buying them

7. hannib4l

hannib4l New Member

Jul 9, 2015
    This is exactly the same as all the other basic 3 lane runners. Judging by the gameplay trailer, it has nothing to offer, it's like 3-4 years late from the party. Truly sad. And those ZX Spectrum colors, my eyes hurt so friggin bad...

8. isTom Games

isTom Games Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2013
    Hungary
    Dear hannib4l,

While developing Paper Train Rush, one of our first priorities was to break up with the regular 3-way system to make the game experience much more varied.

Please allow me to show you an example of this:

[​IMG]

By the way, thanks for mentioning the ZX Spectrum. It was our favorite for a long time!
    I am sure you will change your mind if you download and play the game once it is out!

9. hannib4l

hannib4l New Member

Jul 9, 2015
    #9 hannib4l, Jul 10, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2015
    I fail to see how that's supposed to be innovative, it's just more of the same. Creating more lanes than three does not mean that it's something new and something to be excited about, especially if we consider that in Subway Surfers, the player often times has 9 lanes to chose from (jetpack mode) and many different actions to do on them, not just jumping over obstacles and moving to the sides. And let's not even mention Sonic Dash.

This game seems to be rather binary, and boring. Especially graphics wise, its all a big mess of the same colorspace, boring and often times irritating (thanks to the always fully saturated coder colors).

It's as if you guys are slowly forgetting how to make good games, its a shame, because you had a couple of really good ones.

10. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Honestly I'm no big fan of runners I liked Sonic Dash for a while and some other game years ago I now can't remember the name of. But I keep seeing this thread and people sound pretty harsh to me.

I like the graphic style it's different but then being called paper trains I expect it to be and it looks good to me.

Gameplay wise there is only so much you can do with that and the game is still in development I'm guessing since it's here in the upcoming? For me it's always RPG mechanics I need to hook me. But anyway just wanted to leave something positive as the posts above seem overly harsh, yes there are a lot of these types of games but I've never seen it with trains and it does look pretty nice.

11. hannib4l

hannib4l New Member

Jul 9, 2015
    Sorry to come off as being harsh, but look up their other games, there were some really good ones, but this seems to be a major step back, and it's really rerally late, I bet it will excite hardly anyone, considering that Sega is generating most of their revenue with Sonic Dash, and Kiloo is generating $ millions daily with SS.

12. SpungeGames

SpungeGames Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2015
    Male
    Developer
    Brisbane, Australia
    Love the art style!!! This looks like lots of fun

13. amaurote

amaurote Well-Known Member

Aug 30, 2011
  14. smarcle

smarcle Active Member