Inkvaders Highscores

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Fudgeboy, Aug 30, 2009.

1. Fudgeboy

Fudgeboy Well-Known Member

Aug 16, 2009
    Student
    UK
    I was just wondering what everyones Inkvaders highscores were. Mine is:

Endurance Normal:

Total Pages: 20

Martians Purged: 2732

I havent done Endurance easy or hard yet...

2. Spartan4

Spartan4 Active Member

Aug 19, 2009
    Endurance normal:

pg. 58

Martians purged: 6757

3. Fudgeboy

Aug 16, 2009
    Student
    UK
    Wow... youre good, or is it just im bad...:D

4. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    How do you save the game?

5. Fudgeboy

Aug 16, 2009
    Student
    UK
    Well, on Endurance, you just exit the game and then when you start up Inkvaders, the finger will add the resume option. It is the last thing the finger does.

6. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    I'm at 6,000 and page 44ish now. I have pretty poor reflexes, but it doesnt take much. Normal is just way too easy. Basically, you need to specialize in one of your two starter weapons immediately, and only upgrade that. Buy ammo for your chosen weapon almost whenever you can (because its cheaper if bought before weapon upgrades). Proceed fairly quickly page to page, dont dally. You can fly over the guys that take multiple shots (sometimes). If you do it this way, the free ammo is almost enough ammo, and eventually you can ease off buying. You can do the rushes if you can handle them. If you go laser gun, once you get the one that shoots through, rushes are fairly easy. Once you cap one of the two starter weapons, you will have around 2,000 rounds of the other weapon...I bought some more rounds, and am now close to fully upgrading the shotgun.

I like the laser better then the shotgun so far, because once it shoots through there seems to be a bit of stratetgy. Dunno whether there is any use for the bazooka tree, havent explored it yet. Just doesnt seem very economical.

7. Fudgeboy

Aug 16, 2009
    Student
    UK
    Awesome, thanks for the advice. I prefer the later laser weapons (the one that sends out electricity and fries multiple enemies.) I normally focus on both :eek: and buy loads of ammo for both, after a few pages they're on 300 each. But ill try your strategy and see how it works out :D

8. Icy_fighter

Icy_fighter Well-Known Member

May 25, 2009
    10892 purges, pg 98 on endurance normal

9. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    I dont understand...I had 5,993 at page 34 and wasnt "farming" . . . in fact, I flew over some of the tough guys. Are you buying jet pack fuel and flying over a lot of guys?

10. Icy_fighter

Icy_fighter Well-Known Member

May 25, 2009
    Hehehe. You don't understand because it's a lie! Sorry, I was just jealous of the above scores.

11. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    Its really not hard, I'm 39 yrs old and not very good at reflex games. Go laser, because specializing in only one weapon gets you more power quicker, and from the 4th upgrade on laser is superior, or at least cooler, and certainly because the game automatically switches you to laser after every restart, making shotgun specialization a recipe for death (you'll forget and attack with your tier 1 laser gun).

To start the game, buy both every laser and shotgun ammo from every vending machine. Use only shotgun at this point. Wait and kill more guys if you need the cash, but buy every single ammo. Farm a little...go slow, go backwards, kill more guys. But if you have money to buy all shotgun and laser ammos, keep going forward, i.e. farm but dont leave yourself shot on ammo or bore yourself to tears. Be efficient with your shotgun ammos. On certain types of martians, they can be one shot if shot from close range, but take two at long range (with shotgun). You can do rushes, but if your health is dinged and you find them hard, not much reason to do them at this point.

When the shotgun starts needing more ammos per kills, stop buying shotgun ammo. Farm a page heavily, and use up your shotgun ammo. If you have been doing some farming and/or rushes, you shouldnt have too too many ammos. This will earn you a lot of money. Take the money, buy lazer ammo from the next vending machine and also the tier 2 laser. From this point on, continue to buy lazer ammo from every single damn vending machine. If you are building ammos too fast, do more farming, but you will build ammos quickly, thats fine. Its fine to do rushes if you can handle them. Rush guys have like 1/2 health and generally only take one shot, so you can potentially earn money and use less ammo. Its also fine to skip rushes. To the extent your doing farming, try and concentrate it right after you upgrade, and need fewer ammos to make a kill. Once you get the tier 4 laser that shoots through, its a crime not to do rushes.

Around page 25-30ish you'll probably top out on your laser gun upgrades, and have perhaps 2,000 spare ammos. The laser ammos cost a ridiculous amount from this point forward, but the quantity of ammos you get from drops keeps going up. So as long as you dont do too too much farming, you can keep going a long time.

By page 30ish, the flying meteor rocks go so fast that trying to catch them is probably not worth it. The max laser takes many many shots to kill the most armored martians...you can fly over them if its safe and wait till there are more on the screen.

I have no idea how many pages one can get, it seemed pretty hard by 34 to me, although I could have gotten a lot further if more careful.