Win an iPad Mini - Feedback wanted for Acting Out!

Discussion in 'Promo Codes and Contests' started by Rainier, Dec 18, 2012.

1. Rainier

Rainier Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2012
    #1 Rainier, Dec 18, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2012
    tl;dr -- $329 iPad Mini up for grabs if you like and review our app on Facebook. Contest ends December 31st!

Hey, here's a chance to get something nice and shiny! Our app "Acting Out!" is having a soft launch for iPhone 5 users to gather data and tighten up some strings -- we're looking for some honest feedback so we can implement your suggestions for the hard launch in January. We've already made some major improvements in the code for the upcoming version, so tell us what you really think, point out what you like or don't like, and help make this a better product! In exchange, an iPad Mini is up for grabs (it will be the 16GB WiFi version in White and Silver)!

WHAT TO DO:

1) Download "Acting Out!"
    Free: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/acting-out!-free/id551122924?ls=1&mt=8
    Pro: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/acting-out!/id549880107?ls=1&mt=8)
    2) "Like" our Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/ActingOutApp)
    3) Leave constructive feedback ** this part is really important!! ** We're really looking for things you'd like improved or changed or added, and not necessarily pats on the back (though you can add that too). If the feedback doesn't exceed 10 words, you're not eligible! Probably about half the entries so far have failed step #3, so your odds are pretty good right now!

The app is for iPhone 5 users for now, though it will work (but be less stable) on the 4 and 4S, iPad 2 and 3, and iPod Touch 5. We're aware of RAM issues that occur for older models, and that has already been addressed in the code changes we have for January, which will make it fully supported for the above models.

Contest details:

https://www.facebook.com/ActingOutApp?sk=app_28134323652

TA Thread for Acting Out!

How the game works:

You've got 60 seconds to act out the word, and if the person you're playing guesses it correctly, you'll both get coins (it's cooperative). The coins can be used toward buying sticks of dynamite to a) blow up words you don't like or b) get hints and clear out unused letters when you're guessing the word, and c) it can also be used to create your own custom word, so the number of words is pretty limitless.

There's IAPs if you want to buy more coins, and there will be over 30 achievements you can get.

There is a free version and a paid version. The paid version will start you off with 250 extra coins, hundreds more words (for a total of over 2,000 words), better resolution videos to record with, and my eternal gratitude for supporting an indie developer.

Here's the trailer for the app::

And some screen shots of the game:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thank you for helping out, and good luck!

2. dreadnok

dreadnok Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2011
    I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum I'm ou
    I'll give it a whirl my gf has iPhone 5 and I'll also try on my ipad2

3. Rainier

Apr 16, 2012
    Thanks dreadnok!

It should be stable enough on the iPad 2 (I was doing most of my development testing on a 4S until the 5 came out). We've found the 512MB of RAM lets the game run well enough for a while, but prolonged use for anything other than a 5 makes it act funny. Anything lower than 512MB, and it gets unstable very quickly. We've made changes to the code to fix that and let 256MB devices run with greater stability, and that version is coming out in January.

Here's the available memory per device, in case anyone else is wondering:

iPhone

iPhone (2007): 128MB
    iPhone 3G (2008): 128MB
    iPhone 3GS (2009): 256MB
    iPhone 4 (2010): 512MB
    iPhone 4S (2011): 512MB
    iPhone 5 (2012): 1GB

iPod touch

1st generation (2007): 128MB
    2nd generation (2008): 128MB
    3rd generation (2009): 256MB
    4th generation (2010): 256MB
    5th generation (2012): 512MB

iPad

1st generation (2010): 256MB
    iPad 2 (2011): 512MB
    3rd generation (2012): 1GB

Good luck!

4. Rainier

Apr 16, 2012
    By the way, the feedback period is only until the end of the year.

We've gotten a few hundred Facebook likes since we started this the other day, but the funny thing is, only 3 people have bothered to read the directions and actually post on the page to provide their feedback. That means right now, the $329 iPad Mini is going to 1 of 3 people for a 33% chance of winning!

5. dreadnok

Jun 8, 2011
    #5 dreadnok, Dec 19, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2012
    I'm giving it a real go before leaving any feedback. I don't want to just say stuff just to enter the contest.

coming soon

Done as Quincy Jones reviewing both versions as dreadnok

6. khuanoz

khuanoz Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2012
    i submitted a review via wildfire so do i still need to post a review on facebook?
    it might be different though from what i wrote initially

7. Rainier

Apr 16, 2012
    Hi khuanoz, yes, please post it on Facebook, and it's ok if it's different from what you wrote initially. Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts!

Thanks dreadnok for the very throughtful feedback! We saw it on FB, so you're officially in.

8. Rainier

Apr 16, 2012
    khuanoz and dreadnok,

I owe you an apology. I talked to the group that's running the iPad Mini giveaway, and they said Facebook requires contests to be run off third party platforms, so the comments actually do need to go on the Wildfire platform.

dreadnok: I saw your comments on Facebook and iTunes, and among all the entries, you're the only one to have taken the extra step with iTunes. I want to thank you for your time and effort to help make the app better with your constructive feedback.

9. dreadnok

Jun 8, 2011
    No problem I put my feedback onto the wildfire program as well.

This could really be something huge, my gf and I use it now and we never even used the facetime feature before, but I guess this is just a fun way to send each other funny video clips and that's appealing to us

10. Rainier

Apr 16, 2012
    Thank you so much for the feedback! It's comments like yours that make all of the work worth it. :)

11. ip4weather

ip4weather Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2012
    ipad3 is not ipad4...people still using ipad3....

12. strawberry_banana

strawberry_banana Active Member

Jul 4, 2012
    When does the contest end? There's no way I'd participate unless there was an ending stated

13. Rainier

Apr 16, 2012
    The contest ends December 31, 2012 @ 11:59 pm (PST). We're just running it for two weeks. It started December 17, 2012 @ 12:00 pm (PST).

We'd love for you to participate!

14. Allanon

Allanon Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2011
    Protecting the Lands from Brona
    Paranor
    ^^ :D

15. khuanoz

khuanoz Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2012
    Oh its alright =) good luck with the contest and hope you get more visibility and strong word of mouth..its really a nifty app with a big potential BUT only with a strong following AND willingness by people to share their videos..as for me I am contented with just guessing =D

16. Rainier

Apr 16, 2012
    Thanks again khuanoz - we're working on a bigger push in January once the more stable version comes out. Once that happens we should get a wider following and more people sharing their videos. It's going to be a lot of fun to see what creative ways people take to act out the words. :)

17. Rainier

Apr 16, 2012
    Contest ends soon!

There's only a few more days left before the winner is picked for an iPad Mini! The contest ends right before midnight of December 31st.

1) Download the 'Acting Out!' app, either the free or paid version
    2) like our Facebook page
    3) give us feedback on how we could make the app better

And you're in!

18. Pman

Pman Well-Known Member

May 2, 2010
    Texas
    I left my feeedback on the App Store as coogman55, but does it need to be on facebook? I really want to win this man, please.

19. dreadnok

Jun 8, 2011
    It has to be on their Facebook contest section

20. Pman

Pman Well-Known Member

May 2, 2010
    Texas
    Thank you sir, I went to the page and signed up. Clever app I must say. I reviewed as coogman55 on the app store.

Just wondering, about how many submissions are there?