Modern Combat vs. Eliminate (yes, this thread DID just happen)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Phil_Synowiec, Dec 5, 2009.

1. Phil_Synowiec

Phil_Synowiec Well-Known Member

So guys what do you think? and remember we're not looking at them bug wise. I know MCS has some bugs right now, but thats pretty much with EVERY online game at the beginning.

I personally started to get bored of Eliminate. Its just the same thing over and over again. It matches you unfairly.... unless your rank 50. Theres only 4 maps, yes I know MCS has I believe 3, but your in those three maps for awhile. The games last a lot longer than 3 minutes. And theres higher limits to kills and time.

MCS I think has won my heart since I love MW2 and COD4:MW

I think that I will be in love once MCS decides to add voice chat through headphones =]

2. kohjingyu

kohjingyu Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2009
    Student/Developer
    Singapore
    I'm getting kinda bored about Eliminate though, but I don't have MC.

3. kdaddy

kdaddy Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2009
    Webbie Designer
    Seatle
    #3 kdaddy, Dec 5, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2009
    +1.. I go with you. I am sure They will fix the error, lets just say its there first online fps and they are just hurrying to release all there games before Christmas.. No doubts, MCS is far better than Eliminate. But also I Love Eliminate for being the first playable Online FPS on the Iphone.. I will play the both. But i most will like MCS

4. Zincous

Zincous Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Sacramento, CA
    This is definitely the Halo 3 Vs. Call of Duty

NOVA will just be added to the bunch next.

5. Phil_Synowiec

I can actually see me making a montage with MCS =]

And Zincous, its not, its really not. Everything that MCS is Eliminate could have been without messing up the theme of the game

6. Hmar9333

Hmar9333 Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2009
    Book Salesperson/Student
    Melbourne, Australia
    Um... what?

7. kdaddy

kdaddy Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2009
    Webbie Designer
    Seatle
    Sorry i meant Online Fps.. Good online Fps

8. 5duc29

5duc29 Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2009
    I like both Eliminate and MCS, but I think I would go with MCS for now. The game is slower paced and not as unfair, and no shield bashing. I wonder how NOVA is going to turn out..

9. kdaddy

kdaddy Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2009
    Webbie Designer
    Seatle
    My friend ordered and Ipod touch 3rd gen yesterday because of N.O.V.A. Please NOVA don't disappoint us:D

10. Phil_Synowiec

I think that the speed of the walking in MCS needs to be improved.... no one in the army walks that slow as their fastest speed.....

11. 20happyballs

20happyballs Member

Sep 7, 2009
    In comparison to eliminate? If you think that, then you probably need to restart your ipod touch. I had to because when I tried this game right after I installed it, I moved really slow and the movements were also really twitchy. So I restarted the ipod, and not it runs a whole lot smoother, and the guy moves much faster. You should probably try this.

12. WunDaii

WunDaii Well-Known Member

I got bored of Eliminate quite some time ago actually.. DL'ing MC update now.

13. Fleabag323

Fleabag323 Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2008
    I'm not bored of Eliminate... Especially with Knox coming up in 1.1..
    But I'm always glad to have a new online fps in modern times instead of in a factory. :p
    I gladly would accept NOVA's multiplayer also. :D Hope they add one or two maps in free updates. (Though I doubt they will) Maybe for in-app purchase like some of the CoD map packs.

14. amusing Grace

amusing Grace Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Music, Muse, Magick
    Berlin, Germany
    #14 amusing Grace, Dec 5, 2009
    I think it is way too early to compare.
    Eliminate got a very good online play/connection over 3g etc from the get go.
    MC:S is full of problems and unsuitable workarounds. I think it is not acceptable at all to have to put your mobile in airplane mode to be able to play this game.

I wouldn´t get my hopes up for NOVA at all, if you play on an iPhone.

So, my vote is def. for Eliminate, esp. because of devs that listen to feedback.

15. Derochea72

Derochea72 Well-Known Member

May 14, 2009
    Floor installer
    Ma
    I agree 100% even tho I can't stand eliminate but it is the only working fps online game

16. yourofl10

yourofl10 Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2008
    MC:S easy.....I just like the war style better than the futueristic (if thats a word) style of Eliminate.

17. UndeadZed

UndeadZed Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2009
    yea at least eliminate works with teh UPNP stuff and then crashing almost as soo as i find a game=crap=mc:s

18. Derochea72

Derochea72 Well-Known Member

May 14, 2009
    Floor installer
    Ma
    #18 Derochea72, Dec 5, 2009
    The only real fps

I think treyarch should open up the rest of the map in zombies and keep the zombies while we try to fend them off while having a deathmatch with other players, the game is already there, we just need to be able to climb out the windows.
    If this could happen then we would need no other failed attempts by devs cuz the fps genre would nailed by cod only
    I would be willing to pay the $10 for every map cuz even tho it's not online against players cod zombies is far superior to eliminate and sandstorm put together

19. da shiz wiz 19

da shiz wiz 19 Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    I think we were all too quick to judge eliminate. Yes it has some problems but nothing like this from the get go. Gameloft will most likely fix it in the next (aka last) update.

20. expandin

expandin Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2009
    ELIMINATE's lobby
    I'm playing Elminate daily and I'm still not getting bored....with the new Know facility and some new additions I will probably spend more money on cells... The game is still lots of fun and by far the best game out there right now.