Universal Shardlands (by Breach Entertainment)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by seventh, Oct 23, 2012.

1. Wizard_Mike

Wizard_Mike Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2011
    Texas
    So I finally picked this game up the other day. After playing through it, I'm kicking myself for having waited so long. This game is AMAZING!

The puzzles, the atmosphere, the theme, the music, the graphics, the controls... everything in this game is simply excellent. There's nothing about this game I don't like. It was simply perfect on my iPad.

This has easily become one of my top ten iOS favorites of all time. :)

My only regret was having to play this on an iPad 1. I look forward to the day I can finally upgrade and play this on a retina display.

2. Rrraimo

Rrraimo Active Member

Apr 12, 2012
    Managing Director & Co-Founder at Breach Entertain
    Tampere, Finland
    We just released an update which includes achievement fixes, performance improvements and a new level called Flood (near Marsh that was added in a previous update). When you start the game after updating you should get missing achievements for the levels you've previously completed but the boss level needs to be replayed to get the achievement. Sorry about that. But we hope you'll enjoy the new level!

3. Rrraimo

Rrraimo Active Member

Apr 12, 2012
    Tampere, Finland
    A couple of screenshots of the new Flood level (3rd gen. iPad)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. killercow

killercow Well-Known Member

The game is now running at 60fps everywhere, great job guys! It wasn't always that fluid before but with this update the difference is night and day ;) Currently playing the new level!

5. iceatcs

iceatcs New Member

Apr 8, 2012
    Where can I find the secret level? Not the shardman level.

Like this game but I can't finish one more achievement till I find a secret level.

6. Alyindar

Alyindar Well-Known Member

Unfortunately no. I received the "Marsh Walker" achievement, but not the "Arcade Master" achievement. I entered the "ShardMan" level and my progress shows "Shards 1/1". I completed this level twice, but still have not received the "Arcade Master" achievement, so it remains bugged.

7. Alyindar

Alyindar Well-Known Member

After completing "Flood" and getting the "Water Lily" achievement, I checked my achievement progress and now "Arcade Master" is unlocked. Strange order of events, but I'm 23/23 achievements now, so I'm happy. :)

8. Rrraimo

Rrraimo Active Member

Apr 12, 2012
    Tampere, Finland
    Shardman is the only secret level (that we'll talk about at least... ;P)

9. iceatcs

iceatcs New Member

Apr 8, 2012
    #149 iceatcs, Feb 16, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2013
    Oh right but how I can get the "Arcade Master" achievements?
    I do have a Shard in this secret level (like pacman game style)

[edit] I read through this page and seem it has take care but still may not fix for some people.
    If you want to my save profile, I can rip and upload to you for your team to check what's wrong even with new version.

10. Wizard_Mike

Mar 17, 2011
    Texas
    After the update, I made my way into shardland (hadn't been there previously). I gave it a few attempts before calling it a night. I used the teleporter (the one where you start the level at) to go back to the hub, and when I got back to the hub I immediately got the Arcade Master achievement, even though I hadn't completed shardland.

11. Akoae

Akoae Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2010
    Twist of fate achievement?

A small tip would be appreciated, I am currently 22/23 achievements at the moment.

12. Rrraimo

Rrraimo Active Member

Apr 12, 2012
    Tampere, Finland
    Hmm... You should have gotten Twist of Fate achievement right in the beginning of the game when you first entered Shardlands from the intro cave. You must have missed it because of an earlier bug. You'll get the achievement now if you just start a new game (Options -> Profile -> New) and play through the first cave.

13. Rrraimo

Rrraimo Active Member

Apr 12, 2012
    Tampere, Finland
    I'm happy to announce that we've finished porting Shardlands for Mac and it will be available on the Mac App Store on March 13th with trackpad/magic mouse gesture support and additional visual effects. There's a new thread about it with more screenshots in the Upcoming Mac App Store Games forum.

[​IMG]

14. Rrraimo

Rrraimo Active Member

Apr 12, 2012
    Tampere, Finland
    The Mac version is now released. There's a new thread here.

15. Simo

Simo Member

Dec 5, 2012
    Hi, this game is wonderful, i am going to bed very late just to play it :)
    But please help me, i am stuck. I got all orbs and all shards for the visible levels, but:
    - the first key missing, i can't find it!
    - i found the 2 buttons in the boulders, but i don't understand what has happened...
    - in the pink/violet place, there is obviously the way to enable the bridges, but how? i can't figure out...
    can you help, please (in pvt, if you want...)
    I am really stuck...

16. Rrraimo

Rrraimo Active Member

Apr 12, 2012
    Tampere, Finland
    The levels that contain a key are:
    Breeze, Spectrum, Wing, Bridge and Enigma

The secret level is accessed with:
    a moving platform near the beginning, next to entrances to Fall and Scorch

And in the area with entrances to Enigma and Lair there's currently no way to activate the bridges, sorry :)

17. Rrraimo

Rrraimo Active Member

Apr 12, 2012
    Tampere, Finland
    #157 Rrraimo, Aug 2, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2013
    We're currently finishing up a Director's Cut update to Shardlands. It includes several new gameplay features, new and updated puzzles in all current levels and other extras, including an Indie Mode that looks like this:

(click to see it in full size)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    ;)

18. Wizard_Mike

Mar 17, 2011
    Texas
    Sweet!

19. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    UPDATE'S LIVE!!!

Woot!!! I really can't thank you enough for keeping with this game. Really, it's only gotten better with each update, and these days, it's pretty rare to see a developer just stick with it when it comes to a game in the AppStore... Can't wait to replay through it (this'll be the 3rd time...) woohoo!

20. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    ^Thanks for the headsup Void! I've always liked this game, and it'd be great to play it again. This'll be my second playthrough... Damn, your third? I guess the new content is enough to warrant another playthrough.