What happened to App shopper?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by ItouchBrett, Apr 9, 2013.

1. ItouchBrett

ItouchBrett Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2008
    Any updates on this? It was pulled awhile ago and haven't heard anything.

2. ninjackid

ninjackid Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    Yeah, I haven't heard anything new either... I'm hoping its coming back.

3. ItouchBrett

ItouchBrett Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2008
    I'm sure that app made apple a lot of money. Sigh. I miss it.

4. Darth Ronfar

Darth Ronfar Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2011
    Animal related
    LA
    Pretty sure Apple were the ones that pulled it down for being to close to the actual AppStore (could be wrong though)

5. Appvism

Appvism Well-Known Member

Feb 9, 2013
    UK
    Yeah, would like to redownload that app if possible, i preferre it over many others - including over the app store.

6. Bool Zero

Bool Zero Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2010
    #6 Bool Zero, Apr 9, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2013
    From what I understand it was pulled by Apple but the developers intends to correct the problems with it and re-release it once they are done addressing all the issues Apple had with it. Like mentioned, it had something to do with the similarities to the AppStore, or some perceived infringement upon it in the way it gather, accessed or handled the information from my understanding, though the details seem fuzzy. I still have the app and it still works, as well as the site being alive and well.

As for alternatives, I find AppZapp is pretty decent of the available app for aggregate iOS app tracking and price watching IMO... Sadly, I find that aside from AppShopper and AppZapp, the rest kind of suck...

7. codeb0t

codeb0t Active Member

Oct 31, 2011
    You guys know that they still have a website that is identical in functionality to the app, right?

8. Greyskull

Greyskull Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Photographer/Social Sciences adjunct/sweet sweet l
    Fort Lauderdale
    Sure, but it's a pain in the ass to view on ios. Then again, Appshopper always has had one MAJOR flaw...you can't filter out any developers.