Universal Galaxy on Fire 2 HD - By Fishlabs

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by goiMot, Oct 12, 2011.

1. Drucifer

Drucifer Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2010
    Canada
    I think it was for those who bought the expansion for the standard version but then went and bought HD, I think if it detected the Standard version on your device you'd download it for free. Can't recall for certain though.

And I think the trade prices were adjusted by the original devs. I am not certain but it seemed like a long time ago.

2. imdakine1

imdakine1 Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2011
    Totally bummed that I had the SD version and bought the expansion in it but it doesn't appear to be DL for free on the hd version! I just redownloaded both versions since I never had enough space on my iPhone to play the game... Dusappinted that I bought the ad with add ins and can't play the HD version without rebutting them... Tried restore and it appears that I have no add ons!

3. Crabman

Crabman Well-Known Member

May 24, 2013
    Berlin
    I started a new game from scratch and notice some problems under iOS 9.There is no soundtrack anymore (on Air 2 and 5s) and all mission descriptions/story progress switches immediatley to the end of the dialogue boxes so i have no clue what's going and need to read the mission log before i can continue.

4. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    I'd send your bug report to the devs. Obviously, it's an iOS9 incompatibility issue.

5. Tobi@Fishlabs

Tobi@Fishlabs Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2012
    Sorry for the issues, guys. We're currently investigating the problems with GOF2 on iOS9 and will hopefully be able to provide a fix soon.

6. Crabman

Crabman Well-Known Member

May 24, 2013
    Berlin
    Thanks!

Could you eventually also throw out all the popups for those who bought the whole shebang (including all addons etc.)? ;)

Well,i know that's too much to ask for... :cool:

7. brerlappin

brerlappin Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2009
    I would like to see this too, please!!

8. Enflux

Enflux Member

Apr 23, 2015
    Anyone have any info on this? I can't play my save because one of the free expansion can't be restored. Tried contacting fishlab twice but they never responded. Help.

9. mzinn

mzinn Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2014
    I tried this twice & gave up. I came back one more time & am loving it. Only thing I did different was come to the understanding your constantantly buy & sell what you need for each specific mission, spend a few hours mining to raise enough cash, & find the high tech locations. Once I was done mining it's been off to the races. I'm almost done with Super Nova. Really glad third times a charm.

10. stbassy

stbassy Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jun 7, 2011
    Does anyone know if this can icloud sync up with the PC version?

11. peon2000

peon2000 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I hate to post in such an old thread, but I just wanted to warn anyone else that the game was updated today and although it now it has iPhone X screen size support, it also DELETED ALL MY SAVES...

12. brerlappin

Feb 10, 2009
    And it won’t load iCloud saves (which I can see hasn’t been deleted in the iCloud folder)

I let them know on Twitter so hopefully they’ll respond soon.

13. ironsam80

ironsam80 Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2010
    Same happened to me... no save at all anywhere... no local, no iCloud no nothing. I had tens of hours on this game and most important i had a lot of farming of in game cash after all these hours in order to buy all the available ships, weapons etc... arggg....

14. brerlappin

Feb 10, 2009
    Still no saves in the 1.1.15 update released today...

15. Glend31

Glend31 New Member

Jun 3, 2018
    Male
    Just wondering if anyone can help? While playing the game yesterday my onscreen controls have moved all the way to the bottom corner of the screens and some buttons don't seem accessible. Is this a resolution issue as I had been playing with the settings? The problem now is, on the settings page all the options are expanded and there is no resolution slider bar to modify. I've uninstalled and reinstalled twice but issue repeats it self. It's made it unplayable now, has anyone had same problem?

16. Glend31

Glend31 New Member

Jun 3, 2018
    Male
    #516 Glend31, Jun 3, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2018
    deleted

17. Glend31

Glend31 New Member

Jun 3, 2018
    Male
    #517 Glend31, Jun 3, 2018
    Deleted

18. Glend31

Glend31 New Member

Jun 3, 2018
    Male
  19. shadowgamerr

shadowgamerr Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2011
    Living life and Playing mobile games
    Right by your side
    #519 shadowgamerr, Jun 3, 2018
    Does even matter right now? They broke the saves while adding a seemingly simple thing, I dare not think of what they will break when they attempt to fix that bug. I guess we won't know until the work days commence.

Also, I bet you guys didn't notice but there is OpenFeint there too, which was decommissioned a long time ago. Maybe they messed up the build by adding files/code from before without checking at all. Clearly no QA was done for this update.

20. zergslayer69

zergslayer69 Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2010
    Ah came to post about my save deleted, seems it’s a normal thing with everybody else. Not only that, graphic settings are almost all removed. Only can choose motion blur and bloom. No longer can choose graphic quality. In addition, the control customization is gone. On my iPad the joystick controls are literally at the corners making it very uncomfortable to play and can not move them or scale them up. Strange how an update removes features it had in the past.