High-Quality Plot/Dialogue Writing Talents For Sale (Free For Some Projects)

Discussion in 'Developer Services and Trade' started by MICHAELSD, Apr 27, 2010.

1. MICHAELSD

MICHAELSD Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2010
    #1 MICHAELSD, Apr 27, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2011
    Hello,

I am an aspiring New Jersey-based writer who is interested in getting into the iPhone gaming market, however my development skills are not up to par. Though my writing skill far exceeds the typical level of story and dialogue quality in a game on the App Store. If you are looking for a long, involved plot with great character development and surprising twists as well as clever dialogue (and proper grammatical usage, which many games seem to lack), I believe I can fit the needs of your game nicely.

For large-scale projects, I will work for a fee to be discussed after providing work descriptions. I can write well for any type of game, from a console-quality first person shooter to a RPG that is looking to go far beyond the cliched "good vs. evil plot." If you need a writer for a smaller project, I may write for a fairly low price or even for free depending on the project.

Keep in mind I am looking to create a story for a game that would be more fit as a HBO series than an Angry Birds type plot. An episodic series and/or a 3D game-world are both pluses, but not necessary.

VH1 has contacted me in regards to my creative work to assist them with their first Critics' Choice TV Awards show, during the backstage show of which I was called "future TV writer of America." Being a new creative writer, I do not currently have published creative work however I am an acclaimed editor at www.iPhoneAlley.com.

Please PM me if you are interested, and we can see where it goes from there. I can work with any details, universe, characters, etc. that a developer provides, or I can create a unique world and plot from the ground up from a few minor details about what kind of game universe a developer is looking for. I am particularly interested in developers who are looking for a story-rich game, though I will consider any project. Thank you.

Best regards,
    Michael

2. MICHAELSD

Jan 4, 2010
    I have seen some writers being hired lately, so I figure I will bump this up and see where it goes. During the time since I originally posted this, VH1 has named me "future TV writer of America" during the Critics' Choice TV Awards backstage show.

3. Jalum

Jalum Member

Aug 24, 2011
    Umm, I don't mean to be an ass, but your post has many spelling errors. Do you have a source for this VH1 claim?

4. MICHAELSD

Jan 4, 2010
    More so typos than spelling errors! Whoops, the one error I see (I accidentally erased the "m" in "my") is simply from my editing a year-old post at 4AM. Embarrassing to say the least. Thanks for the heads up.

I can provide copies of emails and footage in regards to the VH1 claims upon request.

5. layzerboy

layzerboy Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2010
    Outer Space
    i would like to see that :)

6. MICHAELSD

Jan 4, 2010
    Sure, but only via PM. I'm kind of reluctant to share the entire interview :p.

7. Jalum

Jalum Member

Aug 24, 2011
    There's still at least one glaring spelling error in your OP, but whatever. Best of luck! :)

8. MICHAELSD

Jan 4, 2010
    Thanks, but I and spell check seem to disagree with you.

9. IndieApp

IndieApp Member

Jul 11, 2011
    London
    Particularly is spelt wrong.

Aside from that though, the best of luck to you!

10. Jalum

Jalum Member

Aug 24, 2011
    Get a better spell check.

11. MICHAELSD

Jan 4, 2010
    It was the Mac OS spell check. Actually, Lion's auto-correct changed into another word. Thanks.