iPhone Forest Guardians HD Coming Soon [BETA Testers Wanted]

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by DigitallyBold, Oct 19, 2012.

1. DigitallyBold

DigitallyBold Active Member

Aug 18, 2011
    #1 DigitallyBold, Oct 19, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2012
    Alright! Forest Guardians HD is practically finished. What I need now is some people who'd like to join up using TestFlight and BETA test the game!

[​IMG]

So what's Forest Guardians?
    • A great RPG style Tower Defense game that really makes for an exciting tower defense experience!
    • 3 Guardian characters drive the gameplay and can be upgraded along different upgrade paths to develop a style unique to that Guardian. Useful for planning out levels with different play styles.
    • Nearly unlimited tower upgrade possibilities. You can mix ECOs in a variety of ways to augment towers in a manner equal to your liking
    • Over 25 enemies and levels to play through. Endless and regular campaign modes are available.

But don't take my word for it, The iPhone version is out now and free in the App store. It's been getting great feedback by players here at touchArcade, check out the forum post here, http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=154990

Or check out the teaser trailer for the iPhone version here:

Here's a few screenshots.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'm excited about this version of the game. The iPad version allows for the whole level to be visible at once which really improves the gameplay. Likewise all the graphics are updated for the large iPad Retina screen, this makes for some really crisp graphics that look amazing.

This version of the game will not be free like the iPhone version. However, it will likely come with extra content that is not freely excessible in the iPhone version.

If you'd like to play the BETA let me know here. We'll definitely be selecting and few TA members to do so.

2. slewis7

slewis7 Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    Retired!
    Houston, TX
    TestFlight?

3. DigitallyBold

Aug 18, 2011
  4. slewis7

slewis7 Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    Retired!
    Houston, TX
    What I meant was, are you planning on using TestFlight? I presume from your answer you are, so I would be happy to participate.

5. gamergirl2785

gamergirl2785 Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2012
    I have an. iPad 2 with iOS 6 and would love to be a beta tester!

6. Kamizak3

Kamizak3 Well-Known Member

May 13, 2011
    School, beta testing apps, learning programming
    California
    I would love to beta test I have an iPad 1 iOS 5.0.1 and iPad 3 iOS 6

7. DigitallyBold

Aug 18, 2011
    Great!

Excellent! Thanks everybody. I'll be sending you a private message soon to sign up. I expect to start BETA testing this week.

I'm still looking for a few more testers, 5 - 10 more. So if anybody else wants to get onboard let me know.

Thanks.

8. sortvind

sortvind Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2012
    would be fun to try beta.
    can you tell a little about how the process work?
    how often would you like feedback in terms of bugs and things that need polish?

9. DigitallyBold

Aug 18, 2011
    Process is simple. If a crash happens while you are playing the game TestFlight will automatically send me a crash report. So I don't necessarily need a lot of feedback concerning bugs. If you find a bug that you can replicate, I appreciate a response letting me know the game has crashed and how you managed to crash it.

As far as gameplay and polish goes. If you see a graphic that looks odd or any other issues I'd love feedback on the glitches as you run into them.

That's it for beta testing. Relatively simple and casual. Play the game and let me know what doesn't work :D

-----

Hoping to get the game into TestFlight today or tomorrow and send out the BETA info to everybody immediately after.

10. Retexe

Retexe New Member

Oct 28, 2012
    I have an iPad 3rd gen with iOS 6 installed. If any invites are still available I would very much be interested.

11. Pandabunny

Pandabunny Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2012
    I would be interested too if there are still invites available - I have an iPad 2 with iOS 5.0.1 installed. :)

12. playpunk

playpunk Well-Known Member

May 3, 2011
    Teacher, curator, author, artist
    San francisco
    I just finished playing the iPhone version, really great game! Would love to play again on iPad. I have ipad2. Running ios6. Thanks!

13. Appleisaac

Appleisaac Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2011
    Janitor/Student
    Up in Here
    I would love to BETA test if there is still room! I have never beta tested before; so, this would be my first time. I'm very anxious to help!

I use an iPad 2 with the latest iOS.

14. DigitallyBold

Aug 18, 2011
    Hey Thanks everybody else who is looking to BETA test!
    I'll try an send you guys some invites in a day or two :D

Thanks again!

15. bramblett05

bramblett05 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    Can it run on iPod touch? If it can wouldn't mind trying it it looks amazing with the HD as well