Console quality games

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by raptor200, Sep 23, 2010.

1. raptor200

raptor200 Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2010
    is there anymore games like GTA : CW and Crimson Gem Saga ?

both of them are the best games i played on the iphone since they both originaly from consols (psp/ds) , when the dev develpoed them they knew they where developing a 30$ game and not 5$ so the production value here is better then anyother appstore game.

2. Qordobo

Qordobo Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    At first your logic made me laugh but I admit the second after I couldn't fully disagree but, the weakness in your logic is there are ton of crap at 30$ 40$ or even 50$. The production cost is one thing the gameplay quality is another. I played the beginning of Crimson Gem Saga and the fights are an awful crap. Not clear why it will be better later in the game.

3. raptor200

raptor200 Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2010
    and here u r wrong, mybe someone else loves the 50$ crap game u hate.
    im talking about the production value, mybe u didnt liked crimsongem fights but u cant deny that its still the most polished and money worth rpg on the appstore.

4. Slothy

Slothy Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2010
    Chaos Rings?

5. FutureGohan

FutureGohan Member

Jun 18, 2010
    games

Prince of Persia Warrior Within - ps2
    Assassin's Creed (both) - ds

6. Outkast1

Outkast1 Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2009
    California
    #6 Outkast1, Sep 23, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2010
    These are all games I currently have on my iPhone that are either ports or emulations of console/PC/arcade games. Most are fairly old but they came out around the $40/50/60 price range and have assoicated production value. Some are more dated than others.. but hope this helps.

Battle for Wesnoth (PC)
    DOOM Classic (PC)
    Wolfenstein 3D (PC)
    Driver (PS 1)
    Espagaluda 2 (Arcade)
    Dodonpachi Ressurection (Arcade)
    Phoenix Wright (DS)
    Final Fantasy 1 & 2 (originally NES but these are ports of the PSP versions)
    Phantasy Star II (Genesis/Mega Drive, emulated)
    Shining Force (Genesis/Mega Drive, emulated)
    Sonic, Sonic 2, Ecco the Dolphin, Streets of Rage, Golden Axe (Genesis/Mega Drive) - emulated but controls are not great... though I think they are all certainly playable. The controls work fine for Phantasy Star II and Shining Force as they are turn based)
    Earthworm Jim (SNES/Genesis, this is a port)
    Tony Hawk Pro Skater 2 (PS1)