Fairyland Story-Beautiful arcade adventure(Looking for Beta tester and feedback :)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Jean from Warm Heart, Mar 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jean from Warm Heart

Mar 14, 2017
    Game developer, Artist
    #1 Jean from Warm Heart, Mar 14, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2017
    posttitle.png

Looking for Beta testers and feedback!
    Hello everyone! We are Warm Heart Studio, we're making lovely and fun games!:p I am Jean, the artist.

I've already made a interesting puzzle game which is listed the best of August 2016 by Apple and got Excellence in Innovation Award in IMGA CHINA.

The upcoming game: Fairyland Story is a surreal adventure into the beautiful world of geometric kaleidoscope. This project is almost ready and we are exited to show you the teaser trailer:

Dorothy, who was kept away from the outside world for all day long because of illness, was dreamed of a true adventure. A Fairy finally heard her voice and took her into the mysterious dreamland.

Inspired by motion graphic art, each level in every chapter is unique and hand-crafted that allow players to explore deep down into an ever-changing uncharted world.

IMG_3899.PNG 20170313204614.jpg 20170309120350.png

Features:​

• 3DTouch support – Press harder to use items.

• Innovative and fluid one-finger gameplay.

• More than 50 levels in 7 chapters, all of which are beautifully hand-crafted and with fully dynamic lighting.

• Captivating soundtrack and ambient sound for an immersive experience.

• Unlock sorts of items to maximize points and power you up.

• Unlock different characters lived in the fairyland

20170309120424.png IMG_3671.PNG IMG_3672.PNG IMG_3900.PNG

We really want to get feedback and know how you think,anything from gameplay or bug to visual and icon etc.If you are interested in trying our game please leave your email or send me message or email us at [email protected]. We will add you in Testflight. You can leave your feedback here or send message to me or email us. Thank you very much!:D

Follow us on Twitter @WarmHeartStudio!
    Like our Facebook page @WarmHeartStudio

2. Jean from Warm Heart

Mar 14, 2017
    Game developer, Artist
    Hi guys! TestFlight is available now.

Hi guys!
    If you're interesting in this game, send us your email address, we'll send TestFlight invitations!:D

3. ramzarules

ramzarules Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    this looks really good. im a huge fan of storybook or unusual graphics. my only issue i think would be the "ghost" character. One, because i would like a fleshed out character and not a ghost, and mechanically im nit sure if you can keep your attention on white with all the background colors. the character should stand out more from the background i think, not the other way around.

4. Jean from Warm Heart

Mar 14, 2017
    Game developer, Artist
    The "ghost" shadow would only show up in the chapter four, it's kind of a special challenge in that chapter. In all the other chapter there will only be the white main character. Do you think that is acceptable?

5. Jean from Warm Heart

Mar 14, 2017
    Game developer, Artist
    The "ghost" shadow would only show up in the chapter four, it's kind of a special challenge in that chapter. In all the other chapter there will only be the white main character. Do you think that is acceptable?

6. ramzarules

ramzarules Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    honestly, i think white and ghost are similar in that its difficult to keep track of, especially in a runner like this. But see if you can get more feedback, maybe i am in the minority :)

7. Jean from Warm Heart

Mar 14, 2017
    Game developer, Artist
    Thank you anyway. We appreciate your feedback;)

8. Pagan Fox

Pagan Fox Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2012
    It's a beautiful looking game and haunting soundtrack, really like the trailer.
    Can I ask whether there are any bosses/special challenges to overcome at end of levels?
    Also, what is the replay value like? Does anything change on a second run?
    Best of luck.

9. dreadnok

dreadnok Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2011
    I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum I'm ou
    It's really a beautiful game and great music, is easy to get caught up with everything moving around you and dies quickly but is a fun ride for sure

10. Jean from Warm Heart

Mar 14, 2017
    Game developer, Artist
    There will not be any bosses at the end to challenge. Instead, you will unlock endless mode.
    Levels are random in each chapter, the more you play the more stars you can collect to unlock new items and skills.
    With those items and skills you can challenge difficult levels.

Do you think the soundtracks is too depressing or sad?

Thank you very much:D

11. Jean from Warm Heart

Mar 14, 2017
    Game developer, Artist
    It's time for us to go to bed. We appreciate the feed backs, messages and emails you sent us. If there's any new request for testing, I will add you as soon as I get up! :D

12. Jean from Warm Heart

Mar 14, 2017
    Game developer, Artist
    :)Thanks for all your requests, new Testflight invitation have been sent!

13. Airpegy

Airpegy Member

Jul 11, 2015
    Currently testing it and it's amazing such a creative gem !

14. Hambo12

Hambo12 Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2012
    on the internet
    thanks for letting me test this. first at the beginning one line of dialogue is still in chinese. but other then that the graphics are super beautiful and amazing. music is pretty nice too and gameplay is kinda like an endless runner collecting stars and avoiding obstacles. probably one of the prettiest game i have seen definitely gonna get it again when the app is fully released

15. Airpegy

Airpegy Member

Jul 11, 2015
    Me too I would recommend this for all family adult and children will totally have fun playing this

16. Jean from Warm Heart

Mar 14, 2017
    Game developer, Artist
    Your feedback means a lot to us :), we are fixing the bug you mentioned, and a bunch more. Then we will update a new version and if there's any more bugs or issues, we'll be happy to know and fix it.

Many thanks:)

17. Lavender

Lavender Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2013
    United States
    #17 Lavender, Mar 16, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2017
    Hello.
    Thank you for the oppurtunity to beta test.

The graphics are beautiful and so is the soundtrack.
    Although; i do believe that it (the soundtrack) may be a little too sad at times. I am mentioning this because you (developer) asked about this previously herein the forum.
    I think that if a player is trying to 'beat' the game that it may be a bit too melancholy or deperessing. If 'Zen' and casual, then; I think it would be perfect. There's just something about background music that helps set the mood for a player regarding how much they get into the game or keep coming back to 'win.' I still think it is absolutely beautiful though! I make this comment based on psychology and human nature

I am playing on an iPad Air. I found that the character did not follow my finger very well. In the tutorial, I felt it was better. As I was moving my finger slowly along the stars, the character was still way behind. I will keep trying to make sure it is not just me.

On the bottom of the screen are the links or tabs for various things. I noticed that the arrow goes to upgrades and other various items. Maybe the arrow should be changed to something else that better reflects that? Just a thought.

I love the idea of being able to earn characters and upgrades. Definitely put an emphasis on that to encourage players to pay for an iap or to watch ads to help you monetarily. Unless you decide to make it a paid game.

I noticed sometimes there are more then 1 row of stars and that one of the stars is differently colored a bit for a better score. (I think) I like that.

I plan on trying the game with a stylus later to test the response. Many players with an ipod/iPhone have fat fingers. Kidding!!! LOL!!! Actually, sometimes it is hard to play on a smaller screen when you need to move a finger around a smaller screen.

Well... that's it for now.

Cute game!!!!

18. Lavender

Lavender Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2013
    United States
    #18 Lavender, Mar 16, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2017
    #1. And #3.
    "Less bad" and "more good" borders on redundancy in grammar usage. This is very minor because players will still understand what it means. It all depends on how correct or professional you want it to be. It also depends on the players word usage. On a psychological standpoint, as descriptive words; "Good" and "Bad" are more child like or simplistic in nature. If the game is geared towards children, it works well. If the game is also geared towards adults, then maybe not. An appropriate substitute would be less 'unfavorable' (bad) and more 'favorable' (good).
    Again.... this is a very minor point. Players will not complain about it because it is still understandable either way. I am only pointing it out as a beta tester to give you a choice.

#2.
    I do not know how this is in other countries so it may not matter. I am in the US.
    When circle with a line through it is drawn or placed over something it normally means 'bad' 'wrong' 'stop' 'no'.... etc...You are using it the right way. In the US the line should be diagonal, (Like I drew it) instead of a line that is across. Also minor.

#4.
    The symbol is of tools. Usually that means repair or issues. Maybe it would be better to have a pic that represents upgrades, change of characters, etc... Maybe the bunny ears symbol you have for the character selection? Add something to it like a star or lines that make it look highlighted? I don't know. Just a thought.

[​IMG]

#5.
    I realized when 1st starting the game, not all the tabs are available. I would like it much better to be able to look at the upgrade section before starting the game so I can have more choices before the 1st play.

[​IMG]

EDIT: regarding #4 - the tools tab:
    Some examples I made. I did it on my iPad, not the computer, so they are not that fantastic. Just examples or ideas:

[​IMG]

That's it. :)
    If I am going too in depth, let me know and I'l back off a bit.
    It is a very lovely game so far!!!

19. Jean from Warm Heart

Mar 14, 2017
    Game developer, Artist

Wow! Thank you so much for your feedback! That's very thoughtful of you and also very helpful.:) We are working on the issues and suggestions you mentioned now:D We will do our best to make the game better;)

20. Pony

Pony Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    The Netherlands
    This looks absolutely stunning.
    Would love to give this game a test drive!
    PM sent. :)