The Secret of Grisly Manor - Help Thread

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by pablo6630, Oct 11, 2010.

1. Amaranth_92

Amaranth_92 New Member

Jan 17, 2011
    What is going on ?

I am in front the three wheels. The three wheels seem to be correctly located (the wheel light on) but ... nothing happen :confused: Does someone has a hint ?

2. Amaranth_92

Amaranth_92 New Member

Jan 17, 2011
    Finally found it.
    Just tap on the wheel #3

The END !

Real pleasant and tricky game !

3. ANN 16

ANN 16 Active Member

Dec 31, 2010
    Helping you

After much tearing out of hair and ear piercing screams I finally got my head round this game and solved it !!!!!!! I have done it a second time whilst writing down every move so if you need any help I am very happy to give it .

4. ANN 16

ANN 16 Active Member

Dec 31, 2010
    Hi boccy , have you solved the puzzle or do u still need help ? Ann 16

5. GamerAdi

GamerAdi Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2010
    I'm stuck :(

Anyone could help me with the clock? I have no idea if this is important, but the last thing I did was open the hatch (tree?) outside with a rod.

Cheers
    GamerAdi!

6. ANN 16

ANN 16 Active Member

Dec 31, 2010
    #366 ANN 16, Feb 5, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2011
    Hello GamerAdi . You need to go to the box in loft for the code ( make a note of it ) and then go into tree trunk and repeat code on dial . Look at it as if it were a clock face then put that time on clock in dining room . Good luck . Ann 16

7. ptc1129

ptc1129 New Member

Feb 7, 2011
    I am stuck. I started the fire, put the bird back in the stand. I have opened the wall in the bathroom, but I can't go any further. What is the deal with the clock?

8. New England Gamer

New England Gamer Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2009
    You need to go out back and solve the stump puzzle. There it will illuminate you on how to solve the clock.

9. ptc1129

ptc1129 New Member

Feb 7, 2011
    ok I have matches, fishbowl and combination so what do i use on the stump

10. ANN 16

ANN 16 Active Member

Dec 31, 2010
    This is to the administrator ; I can help people with their questions but New Englander is a senior member and I am a new member therefore if he has started to answer is it acceptable for me to join in and also give help ? Ann 16

11. New England Gamer

New England Gamer Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2009
    OH my goodness - heck yes - first come first served!!

If I don't have a chance to check back on the thread to see that there is more information needed by all means go for it!

Nothing "senior" about that!

12. ANN 16

ANN 16 Active Member

Dec 31, 2010
    Oh wow what a quick reply . Thank you so much it's lovely to be useful . Didn't want to appear to be a real know all junior member . Ann 16 .

13. ANN 16

ANN 16 Active Member

Dec 31, 2010
    You need to put the birds in their correct positions as the example of the wheels on the car on the drawing in the bedroom . This will get you the next piece for secret door to study .

14. kitnmom

kitnmom New Member

Feb 12, 2011
    nearing the end...i think

i did the shed, freezer, stump, bath, study, globe, clock, birds,stair, trunk and i think i am stuck I now have the matches, iron key and combination(used) where do i go from here?

15. ANN 16

ANN 16 Active Member

Dec 31, 2010
    Take your key and unlock door at end of hall . Solve wheels and you will find what you have been looking for . Good luck .

16. Helena1986

Helena1986 New Member

Feb 16, 2011
    Bug or doing something wrong?

Hi there. First of all I love this game, only gripe is it's too short,only been playing an hour and from what I've read I'm on the very last bit, can't wait for the sequel!Anyway I'm stumped please help...I'm in the basement and doing the glowing circles puzzle on the door. I've managed to make them all light up at the same time (twice infact now) and nothing happens!?I waited and nothing happened so I backed up and did it again but all it did was reset the puzzle. Am I doing something wrong? Please help as it's so frustrating to be so near yet so far! Thanks

17. Helena1986

Helena1986 New Member

Feb 16, 2011
    Ann I think it's great that you're helping out and all but maybe be a bit more cryptic so it isn't too easy for people Hun :) x

18. ANN 16

ANN 16 Active Member

Dec 31, 2010
    Thank you for your feed back and I did wonder if I was making it a bit simple but when I was stuck I liked basic instructions without having to guess what people meant but I am an OAP so must remember younger brains are quicker .

19. Helena1986

Helena1986 New Member

Feb 16, 2011
    Lol it's just for me the fun is in the satisfaction of thinking you mostly did it by yourself :) any ideas regarding my circles puzzle? Did I do it right or am I missing something?

20. ANN 16

ANN 16 Active Member

Dec 31, 2010
    I think you've done it right but when I was reading through other problems looking for my solutions I read a couple of feed backs that said they had done puzzle but door didn't open so maybe it happens some times . I've done the game quite a few tes and the door has always opened so I don't understand what happens - sorry .