Bug Princess 2 by CAVE

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by backtothis, Mar 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
  2. strivemind

strivemind Well-Known Member

Just saw that! Talk about a fast, announcement and release a week later.

Teaser site with trailer.

I'm also excited that this one supports 3GS again, unlike the Dodonpachi sequel.

3. CroRock

CroRock Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2011
    Croatia
    Yea, me too. After releasing Dodonpachi Blissfull Death I thought I'm done with Cave games until I get my hands on iPhone 5 when it comes.

And that teaser makes me wet everytime I see it. It looks like it has far more complicated score sistem them Bug Princess. Really can't wait for this one!

4. dnk

dnk Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2010
    Love the Bug Princess universe but not sure about complicated scoring system as I just couldn't get into Espgaluda. The nice thing about Bug Princess is that I can enjoy bullet hell with a great personality and simple mechanics. Or maybe I'm just too casual for the hardcore bh.

5. Dazarath

Dazarath Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2010
    Cave never fails to impress. Though, after Esp2 HD and DDPR HD were released, I don't really want to go back to playing with blurry sprites.

6. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Hell yes!!! And only have to wait a week?!?! WOOHOO!!! I'm so psyched!

7. Vally

Vally Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2009
    Looks like a full on conversion of Mushihimesama Futari. :)

You are in for a GREAT treat with this one. Next to DFK Black Label, this is my favourite Cave release of all time.

I'll have a scoring mechanic thread waiting for launch. I really hope they don't mess this up at all.

8. KingAlbestar

KingAlbestar Member

Jan 6, 2011
    Eldorado
    One of Cave's best finally on iOS.
    Though it's not clear what's their current release plan (if they have any!), first SD versions then, a long time later, HD ones? Or to update the app since it's universal?

Guess they'll go for the first route if we'll ever see an HD version, same thing they did with Espgaluda. Too bad as the new HD versions really rocks.

And btw, I would pay a Yamato of money to see Deathsmiles HD!

9. TinkyWinky

TinkyWinky Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2012
    BBC Studio
    Looking forward to this one.

10. japtor

japtor Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2009
    How much will the auto fire make scoring difficult in this one? Scoring tends to be hard for me cause I suck with the shot off button. It's hard enough that a little while ago I preemptively sent an email about Ketsui (my favorite) if they ever port it, begging for manual shot options.

...realistically I'd probably just play this one for survival cause last time I read up on it (when playing the 360 release) it just confused me.
    I figure they'll just come out with a high res one later, who knows when though. I'm guessing a sticking point is the older device owners (original iPad, iPhone 3GS, 4)...or new iPod touch owners cause that one is still on the old hardware. When that eventually gets updated and more and more users are on newer hardware I hope high res releases become the norm for them (or at least simultaneous releases). Well, at least for games that have HD sprites ready, for others they should at least have different video options to display how the user prefers (hard or smooth scaling, various filters, etc).

11. AnarKitty

AnarKitty Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2010
    Minneapolis, USA
    Wow, this is coming out already? :eek: What a fantastic surprise! :D

12. WCFields

WCFields Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2009
    steel worker
    Looks better than the first one, and on the day(hopefully) i'll have a new 4th. generation 64gb itouch.

13. dnk

dnk Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2010
    With Espgaluda and Dodonpachi HD, can you transfer your save file from previous non-HD version to the HD version? It'll be a shame if we lose our progress / scores when Bug Princess 2 HD is released later.

14. zeonmx

zeonmx Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2011
    Save game transfer is not possible for app games.

15. dnk

dnk Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2010
    So you're saying all we can do is transfer the save files to our Macs and back to our iDevices, but not to the HD version?

16. ipod_david

ipod_david Well-Known Member

May 3, 2010
    now, this is SOMETHING :D

17. ipod_david

ipod_david Well-Known Member

May 3, 2010
    2 days to go...