Playstation Vita Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Haruhi, Dec 12, 2011.

1. Teknikal

Teknikal Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2010
    Male
    Belfast N Ireland
    Anyone got the content assistant to work over wifi yet and does it support videos being copied that way because that would be quite handy. I think I have to update my windows assistant or something as I've no wifi option there.

2. HardcoreEricXXX

HardcoreEricXXX Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Virginia
    Gotcha. Now I see on the blog. That's a sweet deal.

3. S.I.D. CrAzY

S.I.D. CrAzY Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    Just purchased! :)

[​IMG]

4. Teknikal

Oct 26, 2010
    Male
    Belfast N Ireland
    Ok got syncing over wifi working I think this might just be the best part of the update for me, makes it a lot more convenient to move content about although it's still quite slow to do.

I did have to update the content Management Assistant software on my PC to get the wifi settings.

5. tygamr

tygamr Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2010
    Definitly not an issue for me, as I'm already a PSN+ member. For non + members, the price is lower than it used to be though. Was $120 for a year subscription, but is now $60 for a one year subscription. It's a limited time offer for both, but they didn't give a deadline...

6. thesharkden

thesharkden Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2011
    On top of all these great releases coming out...if you guys need a break from all the fighting game, I highly suggest "Smart As".

It has a similar concept to Brain Training, but the ultimate goal is to climb the leader boards and obtain bragging rights amongst your friends for being the smartest. There are daily challenges that map your percentages of success, and compare them to your local and worldwide leader boards.

I think it would be pretty cool to see the forums have an ongoing competition of wits.

7. thesharkden

thesharkden Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2011
    Oh, if you didn't know. You can search for Playstation AllStars in the Vita Store and buy it there.

add ssfink if you don't have me on your friends list yet!

8. MicroByte

MicroByte Well-Known Member

For those interested:

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/11/20/jetpack-joyride-flies-to-psp-ps-vita-ps3-today/

The only reason I would buy this game is simply to support Half-Brick at this point. I've got too much invested in the iOS version to want to start a new game. Plus, the mechanics work perfectly fine on the iOS version so physical controls aren't needed.

Still, for anyone that doesn't own an iOS device, this is great that it's being released.

9. h0130j03

h0130j03 Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2009
    Any Sine Mora impressions?

10. The PS Store hasn't even updated yet.

11. Trunks

Trunks Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2012
    USA
    So I just picked up my copy of Playstation All-Stars and I noticed on the other side of the "outer insert thing?"(the piece of paper with the front cover and back cover information) is a mini poster.

12. h0130j03

h0130j03 Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2009
    Oh, sorry about that. I just thought it would be out by now considering PSASBR is out already.

13. MicroByte

MicroByte Well-Known Member

Anyone know how much Jet Grind and Sine Mora will cost (US PSN?)

14. Store is up via search. Both Jet Set Radio and Sine Mora cost $9.99 on PSN.

15. LucianOrb

LucianOrb Well-Known Member

Oct 4, 2010
    Brazil
    Haven't played much, but so far it's a beautiful game with excellent controls and high production values. And it's not bullet hell, thank god. Not that I don't like them (I do, a lot) but I prefer traditional not over-the-top shmups.

16. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    Have to agree, though I have gotten so used to relative touch controls on iOS that using the stick feels a bit imprecise and slow -- not saying that the controls are bad! Some of the boss encounters do feel bullet hell-like (which I like) but without the clearly defined hit area (which I don't). I do like the time mechanic and the fact that there's a rich back story.

I say money well spent, at least for now. Now all I need is a few reviews of Persona 4 :).

17. Teknikal

Oct 26, 2010
    Male
    Belfast N Ireland
    Wonder when Persona will show up in the Uk PSN I've given up trying to predict lately as WRC still hasn't shown up there (also haven't been able to find that in a store) might be the same as that Supremacy MMA game I was interested in that as well and it never came.

I was going to top up a bit of PSN credit for Persona yesterday but the supermarket only had £35 psn cards which is a really useless amount considering most games are 39.99. Not prepared to spend £70 until there is another title I want that costs £30.

18. tygamr

tygamr Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2010
    All of Rockstar's PSP games are on sale this week (on NA PSN):
    -Beaterator $10
    -GTA Chinatown Wars-$10
    -GTA Liberty City Stories-$10
    -GTA Vice City Stories-$10
    -Manhunt 2-$7.50
    -Midnight Club 3: Dub Edition-$10
    -Midnight Club LA Remix-$10
    -The Warriors-$7.50

19. Teknikal

Oct 26, 2010
    Male
    Belfast N Ireland
    Had both grand theft autos and both Midnight Dub games on PSP all very good games at the time although the dub edition was a really slow loading game between every stage and vice city was also a big improvement over liberty city.

Wish rockstar would make a few Vita games.

20. Teknikal

Oct 26, 2010
    Male
    Belfast N Ireland
    PSP had some great games if the Vita memory cards were bigger I'd probably start buying all my old titles as well I'd love to play Jeanne De'Arc again.
    I actually want the first disgaea game as well because I already have 2 and 3 on my vita and I'd like the set (also think the first is by far the best plotwise) not available last time I looked on UK PSN though.

Wouldn't mind Valkryie Chronicles 2 either I never did finish that but I liked it.