Chop Chop Slicer

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by arta, Jun 4, 2011.

1. Mr. Grizzly

Mr. Grizzly Well-Known Member

May 20, 2011
    Looks fun! When is it coming out? Chop Chop Rocket has landed!

2. shyguy3

shyguy3 Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2010
    Maybe you guys should come up with a game that features a helicopter and call it "chop chop chopper".:p

3. BazookaTime

BazookaTime Well-Known Member

Actually that would have been a good name for this game, it looks like the words chop keep popping up on the screen.

4. legowiz

legowiz Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2009
    Behind you!
    Wow, this looks better than fruit ninja. I hope it's close to release! I agree, Chop Chop Chopper would have been a great name :)

5. secondtime

secondtime Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2009
    It's coming out June 9th...and is definitely fun!

6. Geta-Ve

Geta-Ve Well-Known Member

Surprisingly impressive. Is that the only environment though?

7. Arashi541

Arashi541 Well-Known Member

No there are different color variations for the different modes.

8. secondtime

secondtime Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2009
    There are three gameplay modes: Arcade, Perfect Slicing, and Time Attack. They are distinct enough and each are fun. Arcade you keep trying to slice away, avoiding the purple octopus alien. Perfect Slicing is pretty neat - try to keep getting perfect 50/50 slices. Time attack gives you 60 seconds to get the best score. Perfect cuts get you bonus points... I'm looking forward to the final version!

9. doodlejumper

doodlejumper Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2010
    Stuck in traffic
    Fruit Ninja rip + ANOTHER CHOP CHOP game = beyond utter fail.

I was actually going to put my feelings aside about the repeated chop chop name and buy CCN2, but this is too far. Now you're ripping other games? This company is just pathetic in my eyes. Make something new, come on!!! :(

10. Mr. Grizzly

Mr. Grizzly Well-Known Member

May 20, 2011
    Doodlejumper, why don't you design some games for us then? There are not that many totally unique games out there. There is nothing wrong with having a similar theme as another game. It's what they do with it that makes it good or bad - same goes with ANY form of entertainment media such as movies, books, etc.

Veggie Samurai may be a fruit ninja spin-off (if you want to call it something like that), but I actually think it is a better game overall. This one looks like it will be worthwhile. If you don't lke similar ideas, don't buy it - but don't knock something before you even check it out.

11. legowiz

legowiz Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2009
    Behind you!
    Does this look anything like their other games? No. Does it look like fruit ninja besides the fact that you're slicing things? No. There have been lots of games that take the basic idea of fruit ninja and make a new game. Not very many of them have succeeded but this one looks like a winner. They took the formula that made fruit ninja great and expanded on it. Personally, I think it's fun that they keep with the Chop Chop thing, it's something that sets them apart from everyone else. I'm not trying to change your mind about this because you seem pretty set, but I strongly disagree with your view. You may very well miss out on an awesome game if you keep this attitude.

12. melvin2898

melvin2898 Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2011
    Like Fruit Ninja but more intense.

13. doodlejumper

Jan 27, 2010
    Stuck in traffic
    It'd be okay if this was their third game or so, but this is their TENTH!! I just think it's getting beyond old; you notice no one else is doing it. :(

14. GasparZizou

GasparZizou Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2010
    MKT student, intern in an advertising agency.
    Guadalajara
    why verdi again? Nova2 already used him

15. slimothy

slimothy Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2009
    Oh...

Just want to point something out for you. Games that take on the same mechanics as other successful games aren't always complete ripoffs. For example, this upcoming chop chop game looks NOTHING like fruit ninja. The mechanics are similar though.

Another thing, Crush the Castle came before Angry Birds. Angry Birds is a huge hit, and many people have never even heard of Crush the Castle. Angry Birds did extremely well and was a successful game even though it took on many similarities to Crush the Castle. This shows that not all look-a-like games are bad or are a bad idea.

16. doodlejumper

Jan 27, 2010
    Stuck in traffic
    Most of my beef is with the name. The fruit ninja thing was just the icing on the cake.

17. Kael

Kael Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2009
    Associate producer
    Montreal
    OK i think i have to say something (and especially for DoodleJumper):

So all slicing games are Fruit Ninja Ripoffs ?

I Love Fruit Ninja and bought it on my iphone and my iPad. But with all do respect for this game, Chop Chop Slicer explores the slicing Mechanism differently.

In Chop Chop Slicer you're free to cut 3D objects the WAY you want.

The player gets to decide at which precise position and angle the object will be cut, and every Object (or cutted object) can be cut multiple times.

In Fruit Ninja, the fruits are pre-cut, and the slice is always the same. Try to cut a banana lengthwise in Fruit Ninja... you can't do it.

Everything is pre-cut and it's the same on all Slice'n'dice game: pre-cuting.

This is not the case in Chop Chop Slicer. You really cut in real time 3D objects.

For me, the only valid comparison, Regarding the slice Mechanism ONLY, is the next MGS: Rising (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMdu_dUzjfE).

I will try to post a gameplay video asap so you can judge it by yourself.

And for CCNinja 2, Yes this one will be very innovation for a platformer game! I can guarantee it!

18. Kael

Kael Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2009
    Associate producer
    Montreal
  19. melvin2898

melvin2898 Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2011
    If you don't like it and going to just say bad things about the game and company, you could just not comment.