Beast Boxing 3D - (wip)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by getluky, Feb 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. getluky

getluky Well-Known Member

#1 getluky, Feb 21, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2010
    [Edited 10-25-2010]

Yay! The Full version of Beast Boxing is finally approved and waiting for launch while we clear the Lite version too. It's time to post some updated info for anyone following along! We're aiming for a release date of the 31st or earlier, so we've got our fingers crossed that the Lite version passes!

Official Trailer:

The newest boxing game for iPhone and iPod Touch is coming in a matter of days! Featuring a story-based Career mode with nine fights, a Gym with upgrades and powerups, and a Rematch system that lets you take on old opponents for extra coins, Beast Boxing gives you a brand new boxing adventure at each of three difficulty levels. This trailer shows some of the opponents in the first two leagues.

We blended the best of all of our favorite boxing games into one amazing, nostalgic-but-new first person 3D boxing game, and the results are smashing, to say the least! If you enjoy leisurely strolls through beautiful backdrops, compelling stories, and awesome characters, then play through the game on Casual mode. If you've played boxing games before, give Gamer mode a try and we'll give you a challenge. For the ultimate in Beast Boxing madness, try our super Hardcore mode that challenges even the testers who have been playing it for months! 20 achievements in Game Center give you even more rewards as you play.

In the story, you're a human from the slums - a little person in a beastly world. You've always been a fan of the famous Beast Boxers of the world - Steve, the Fitness Skeleton, Kamander, the champion of the Pro Leagues and owner of Kamander's Dojo, and the invincible armored beast Darbech at the top of them all. One day, you find a monster costume that looks like it'll hold up to the rigors of the ring. You saved up all your cash to buy it, and you head off to the local boxing gym to take your qualifiers. The rest is Beast Boxing history...

Screenshots

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Derochea72

Derochea72 Well-Known Member

May 14, 2009
    Floor installer
    Ma
    Looks great, can't wait

3. ChocoVanilla

ChocoVanilla Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Traveller
    SweetsTown, DessertVille, CandyLand
    Wow...the character models look pretty good...

4. aricall

aricall Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Tattooist
    looks cool
    the character is very interesting
    cant wait to see more
    always love monsters haha

5. sk8er4life84

sk8er4life84 Active Member

Feb 28, 2010
    this game look very cool. I love the details. good job

6. Dylan1696

Dylan1696 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2009
    Photographer/Graphic Designer/Electronics engineer
    Debbie did it here in '78
    The artwork in this looks outstanding. I will be excited for this one to come out.

7. beetle004

beetle004 Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2009
    Those aren't ingame gfx,are they??

8. getluky

Yup, those are just some quick in-game screenshots. I should have some shots of another character ready soon, as the artist and I are gonna be working hard on this one this week. Thanks for all the comments, we definitely appreciate em. :)

9. iFanzine

iFanzine Well-Known Member

Wow, great visual style... lookin' forward to this one!

10. Stroffolino

Stroffolino Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Apr 28, 2009
    Software Engineer
    Pennsylvania
    If the gameplay is remotely as good as the gorgeous graphics, this could be a huge hit.
    Any update on how it's coming along?

11. getluky

@Stroffolino, we hope so! I'm the programmer so a huge part of that is my job. :) We are finishing up a lot of the character animations and UI right now, and I'm also figuring out how to export a decent looking video of the gameplay. I'll post it here as soon as we have a nice one. The big question in our minds is whether Apple will still allow Unity apps when we're ready to release, so, keep your fingers crossed for us!

As a little teaser, here's a quick WIP screenshot of the treeman character in action with player damage effects. We'll do a full reveal in video so you can see him in motion. :)

[​IMG]

12. sammysin

sammysin Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2010
    Government Official.
    Swansea, UK
    That treeman is freaky, not going to sleep tonight now! :p

13. EFC

EFC Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2009
    Game Developer
    Looking good G,

you could use screenium for up to 30 second screen clips and phone finger
    then edit togeather a movie.
    or digital camera movie capability with a close focus on a tripod.

looking forward to seeing some gameplay.

14. getluky

Thanks for the suggestion, R. I tried Screenium but it had too much hitching on my laptop. The game actually plays at 30-60fps on my 3GS, so I've been trying to cap it at a higher rate to be more representative of gameplay. I've been working with iShowU which tends to be less of a drag on my system, but it might be time for me to finally get a desktop mac. I think running it in the Unity editor along with vidcap software is just too much for it to handle.

Anyway, sorry for getting off topic! The bottom line is that we know there's interest out there for what we're producing, and we want to produce a high quality video that represents the gameplay on the 3GS pretty well. I'm on the case to get it done one way or another. :)

15. Beto_Machado

Beto_Machado Well-Known Member

Really nice looking. Hope the gameplay is good.

16. getluky

As promised, here's the first in a series of short character videos that should give you an idea of the fighting gameplay. I finally figured out a good screencap setup with iShowU, so I'll be producing more of these as time permits. Stay tuned! :D

17. Stroffolino

Stroffolino Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Apr 28, 2009
    Software Engineer
    Pennsylvania
    It's hard to get a sense of the gameplay from the video, but the pig in action looks fantastic! I love the funky fisheye camera.

18. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    Can't believe I missed the video earlier. Looks fantastic.

19. EFC

EFC Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2009
    Game Developer
    #19 EFC, Jun 29, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2010
    Looking good G, loving the video, its got a really nice arcade feel. keep it up.
    maybe stick the video at the bottom of the first post.
    you can pm an admin to ask to change the thread title if you need to.
    R.

20. Beto_Machado

Beto_Machado Well-Known Member

Great graphics!