Solomon's Boneyard, prequel to Solomon's Keep

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by aznriceboi13, Aug 22, 2010.

1. aznriceboi13

aznriceboi13 Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2010
    to die
    where rice paddies grow...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

"1. The only shop is the perks... the storyline in this one is very simple. You're a mage who has been dispatched to remove Solomon Dark right when he starts his reign of terror. Obviously the effort is a failure, since Solomon's Keep exists, so this game is about how long you can survive.

2. Monsters drop items (rarely), and yes, they drop gold more often. They also drop skill books, so you can get more skills between levels. Gold is persistent, so after one character dies, you can still buy perks from his gold with the next character."

it will have OF when it comes out

2. iVaro

iVaro Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2009
    Can't believe Raptisoft didn't make a thread for himself! Anyway I've been beta testing this game and it's the endless mode that all of you Keep fans were waiting for. The game's storyline is basically about a wizard who has been sent out to dispose of Solomon because he has been digging up too many graves. After which you select from one of the seven wizards available. Each wizard only has about two basic skills which are selected from the beginning. What's new about this as well is the addition of an ice element. Also perks can be n ught from gold which is dropped which will help you get a better overall time and score in the game. For what it is Boneyard is tons of fun and if you enjoyed Solomon's Keep at all you'll definitely love this!

3. rIcHrAnDoM

rIcHrAnDoM Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    Can't wait, can't wait, can't wait......:D

4. SkyMuffin

SkyMuffin Well-Known Member

May 24, 2010
    college student, ENG/WGS major
    Lexington, KY
    i saw "Solomon..." on the main forum page under "Upcoming Games", and i thought to myself, SEQUEL TO SOLOMON'S KEEP?!

So excited about this. :D

5. aznriceboi13

Jan 18, 2010
    to die
    Well I was waiting for him to make a thread, he didn't so I made one with his permission :), well this is a prequel, there will be a sequel to Solomon's keep though

6. riggysmalls

riggysmalls Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2010
    Oregon
    YES! exactly what i wanted to hear!

Any ETA on this!?

7. SkyMuffin

May 24, 2010
    Lexington, KY
    hmmm....so if this is a PREquel...

it makes you wonder what happened between Solomon's Boneyard and Solomon's Keep that eliminated the use of ice magic.

I hope they add in something to explain that. Awesome chance for a boss or dungeon or plot point.

8. iVaro

iVaro Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2009
    Well that would be a loophole in the story if it wasn't for the fact that ice wasn't coming to keep in an update soon :D

9. SkyMuffin

May 24, 2010
    Lexington, KY
    i think there should be a frozen zombie boss anyway. :p

10. Whosatm

Whosatm Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2010
    Is there an estimated release date? I loved Solomon's Keep, and this looks to be even better!

11. aznriceboi13

Jan 18, 2010
    to die
    beta is near finishing so expect it soon :)

12. RttaM

RttaM Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2010
    Game will include OpenFeint so be happy. :rolleyes:

13. Raptisoft

Raptisoft Well-Known Member

Ah, well, you know I'm pretty low-key. I'm the J.D. Salinger of video gaming. ;)

14. iFanzine

iFanzine Well-Known Member

Haha! :)

15. jak56

jak56 Well-Known Member

as you may well know, i loved the first game, so i look forward to this game :D

16. sidewinder12s

sidewinder12s Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2010
    Student
    USA
    :( I thought I was going to be beta testing this game.

Still kinda looking forward to it

17. aznriceboi13

Jan 18, 2010
    to die
    my goodness Raptisoft is shooting the betas out like crazy :D

also do you guys have any game suggestions?

18. riggysmalls

riggysmalls Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2010
    Oregon
    Nice! I would love to test some games for you! I LOVE SK, and have been a huge advocate for promoting it amongst friends ;D

19. Egoyan

Egoyan Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2010
    Beijing/Montréal
    So this is a high-score game, huh? Hmm... I enjoyed Solomon's Keep as an RPG and as a mini-Diablo, if you will, but I don't know if going around killing as many monsters as possible could keep me interested for very long.

I'll follow this thread anyway, see how it plays out. With levels, items and many skills, there might be more to it than meets the eye.

Oh, and these dynamic shadows in the videos look great. Seems atmospheric, I'll give you that. :)

20. Raptisoft

Raptisoft Well-Known Member

I got a lot of requests from people who played SK asking for an "endless survival mode" so this is basically catering to those requests... I realize it might not appeal to the RPG people (That's what the PC/Mac/IPad expanded SK is going to be for!)

Originally Boneyard was going to be a purchasable add-on to SK, but memory became an issue on older devices, so I had to split it out.