Universal Puzzle & Dragons (by GungHo O. E. Inc.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Vovin, Nov 8, 2012.

1. smegly

smegly Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2012
    NY, NY
    Let me know if you got the present. You might have to reboot, because I didn't see you on my flist until I did that.

2. Back 5

Back 5 Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2012
    #142 Back 5, Nov 16, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2012
    I wanted to register just to add to this thread.

I have some questions concerning strategy.

I had to purchase a ton of extra monster slots. I am currently up to 55 slots, with them generally always filled; however, most of my slots are all Evo Material. I only have 11 characters that I use or am attempting to evolve, with the remainder all full of sprites, plants, flowers, masks and demon masks.

The unfortunate aspect is I cannot evolve some of my monsters as I have not yet seen the last piece needed...the slot remains a question mark.

Is there a resource online that gives the evolution materials? I saw the Chinese/Japanese wiki but the google translation is faulty. I wanted to know if I should continue to hang onto these evo materials or sell them, use them to level my toons.

I am currently up to Sacred Mt. Bakkes dungeon, with Dragon Knights as my next step.

I am having difficulty getting enough DPS to efficiently progress, so I am trying to farm as much as possible to evolve and get stronger.

My username is Back 5 (321 635 288) if anyone wants to check out my team. I generally use an Earth leader(Fafnir) with a Mystic Stone Knight, Sea Serpent, Devil Dragon, Flame Knight, White Knight, Mandrake and Brachus as part of the rotation. I am currently leveling a Harpie Devil and Succubus to see how they perform.

Any tips would be excellent, appreciate it.

3. imuddy

imuddy Well-Known Member

Feb 11, 2009
    #143 imuddy, Nov 16, 2012
    Ya you have to reboot the game to see the present pop up. So that might explain why you didn't see anything, just reboot and the present I send will pop up. Thanks and GL, both egg got me an element that I don't need.

4. smegly

smegly Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2012
    NY, NY
    I got a Plessie and a Spinon. What did you get?

5. imuddy

imuddy Well-Known Member

Feb 11, 2009
    #145 imuddy, Nov 17, 2012
    Same Spinon on 1st pull, and Plessie on 2nd. Was hoping for fire/earth =(

Also anyone know which mission gives dragon plant?

6. smegly

smegly Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2012
    NY, NY
    They pop up in the Tower of Giants missions.

7. Sheapy

Sheapy Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2012
    #147 Sheapy, Nov 17, 2012
    Here are the direct links to the dungeons and their drops. This first one are the normal dungeons and their order corresponds to the order that you have.

Normal Dungeons

This one is the special weekly dungeons, technical, and event dungeons.

Weekly/Technical/Event

The last slot that you need is PROBABLY the Keepers that are obtained via the Wednesday weekly dungeon (Pretty hard dungeon so come prepared). To be honest your team doesn't look too poor, although you might need a healer (Siren, Succubi, Cupid, etc) as your helper.

The problem might lie with your matching. Try not to settle for anything below a 3 combo.

Also, here's your Sea Serpent Evo chain. Devil Dragon.

8. imuddy

imuddy Well-Known Member

Feb 11, 2009
    #148 imuddy, Nov 17, 2012
    Your links are not working for me, anyone else having the same issue?

edit: seems like the website is chinese so for me the webpage gets bugged out. I used http://zh.pad.wikia.com/ and used google translate to make the page english and go from there.

9. Sheapy

Sheapy Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2012
    Try again, re-edited post

10. tobiasdu

tobiasdu Well-Known Member

Oct 14, 2012
    Hi, Back 5, as a Chinese I think I can help you. What's the monster that you are having trouble evolving?

Can you tell me the No. of Mystic Stone Knight? Can't find it in my monster book.

My advise for your team is to put more Earth monsters into your team, therefore you can maximum the effect of your Fafnir's leader skill. Another way to play it is to put Succubus as your leader and then you can put monsters with any attribute into your team. Succubus's leader skill gives you extra time to move the orb, which is very helpful to make bigger combos. Practice and you should be able to make 5-6 combos at least each turn with Succubus as leader.

11. Back 5

Back 5 Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2012
    I upgraded my Succubus to Lilith which makes her a more powerful monster and I absolutely love her leader skill extending the time.

The Mystic Stone Knight is #102. I am missing the Azure Demon Mask to evolve him.

So far I have been trying to use a combination of monsters for my team. I typically run with 2 Earth, 1 Dark, 1 Light and 1 Water. I will typically choose the highest attack with the best leader skill as my partner.

I think my biggest trouble is consistently matching 5+ combos. There are times where I stare at my board and cannot visually see anyway to make more than a couple combos.

Seems as if I'm done for the night though :( I abused all of my stamina getting 10 dragons to use to upgrade, but I'm too low on gold to power-up anymore of my team, so I will log in tomorrow :)

I have my present to send out if anyone wants to share.

12. imuddy

imuddy Well-Known Member

Feb 11, 2009
    Is getting the monsters pure luck or is there a trick? I've been trying to get the mermaid or fairy for a while now and it just doesn't seem to drop any eggs.

13. tobiasdu

tobiasdu Well-Known Member

Oct 14, 2012
    It is pure luck. Sadly.

14. imuddy

imuddy Well-Known Member

Feb 11, 2009
    I envy anyone with a 5star healing monster, its almost a free win for most of the first half missions.

15. smegly

smegly Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2012
    NY, NY
    If you mean the Dryad when you mention the fairy, I wouldn't waste too much time on it. Even in its next form, Mandrake, it still only has a minor turn heal. Also, I have yet to see, let alone get, all the materials to get a Dryad up to Mandrake in the first place. It was useful for awhile, but the skill doesn't really grow with the party that well.

16. Back 5

Back 5 Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2012
    I actually stopped leveling and using my Mandrake. Her attack is too low for a comparable leveled monster. I'm more interested in the huge boost to recovery by using my Lilith, whom I consider to have a more powerful leader bonus.

17. imuddy

imuddy Well-Known Member

Feb 11, 2009
    Its either the dryad, cupid, or mermaid and I can't seem to get any one of them.

18. smegly

smegly Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2012
    NY, NY
    Focus on a Siren (the mermaid) then. They're awesome. I've gotten a few bosses to drop before, so there's hope.

19. imuddy

imuddy Well-Known Member

Feb 11, 2009
    What's the big difference between them? I thought all 3 leader skill is the same. And how many try did it take?

20. smegly

smegly Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2012
    NY, NY
    #160 smegly, Nov 17, 2012
    Sirens have a really big auto-heal per turn after they evolve and Dryad's don't. That's all I know of it. I don't know how Cupids evolve but as I've seen, yes, they are basically just like Dryads. Sirens don't have an active healing skill, per se, so they probably would seem worse than the other two prior to evolution, but that isn't the case later.

I never specifically got a Siren to drop, but I've gotten a Succubus to drop as well as a few of the dragon bosses. At some point, I'm going to do Mermaid Feast over and over again. I'll let you know if it's fruitful.