Chaos Rings 2 or Drakerider?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Evilkarma, Dec 21, 2012.

1. Evilkarma

Evilkarma Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2011
    Canada
    #1 Evilkarma, Dec 21, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2012
    I'm tempted to pick one of these up but I'm not sure which. The sliding combat system of Drakerider is new and interesting but seems like it might get awfully boring after a while. Anyone care to share their experiences with these 2 titles? How many hours of gameplay do you get as well?

2. bramblett05

bramblett05 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    Chaos rings 2 I liked.it plays like a ps2 squeenix RPG bad thing is voices are in japenese

3. Evilkarma

Dec 20, 2011
    Canada
    Drakerider is japanese voices too.

Anyone also play TWEWY? What's the game like anyway? All the rave reviews has me curious.

4. bramblett05

bramblett05 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    Oh my fault I forgot

5. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    TWEWY is one of the best DS games ever, and proved to be fantastic on the iOS as well.

It has real time battles and is one of those gems that are well thought out and designed for touchscreens. Great story, lots of content, tons of collectibles, fantastic soundtrack and very distinct and unique characters.

Chaos Rings 2 is great on its own, and is definitely much better than Drakerider, although each one is a different flavor, and both are great RPG additions to the iOS collection.

If you are familiar with Monster Rancher's (PSX) battle system, Drakerider's battle system is an evolved version of that. What i like best in Drakerider is the skill system, which you unlock through a skill map similar to FF12.

All 3 games are some of iOS's best RPG titles and you cannot go wrong with any of them. But if you want them ranked, i'd personally rank them like this, but i suggest getting each one if you can.

1. TWEWY
    2. Chaos Rings 2
    3. Drakerider

6. Evilkarma

Dec 20, 2011
    Canada
    Alright. I think I will go with CR2 for now. Been playing Drakerider chapter 1 for free so far and I dunno, the initial appeal of the whole dragon chain mechanic has already lost its appeal to me, though I'm sure the gameplay is deeper as the game progresses.