Infinite Warrior - a new Infinite Runner/RPG game

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by EFGames, Aug 13, 2012.

1. EFGames

EFGames Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Hi everyone!!!

Empty Flask Games is proud to announce the upcoming release of its first game, INFINITE WARRIOR!!

IW is an “infinite runner” game with a mix of RPG elements, relying heavily on a very graphical and cinematic experience.

Using simple gestures (like swiping and tapping), the player controls his character as he plunges through the battlefield, fighting endless wave of enemies, collecting gold, and raising his high score. Player's achievements are shared with the world via GameCenter (OpenFeint on Droid)

IW boasts highly polished graphics, with Motion Captured smooth animations, voice-overs and dramatic orchestral arrangements as the audio ambiance.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Instead of dodging obstacles by jumping, sliding, strafing, or flying above/under, IW relies on traditional gameplay mechanics. The player follows cues appearing on screen to have their Warrior vanquish the enemies. When correct swiping motions are triggered, the player is rewarded with brutally cinematic finishing moves that utilize sleek camera play.

Upon defeat, the “game over” screen is presented as a Tombstone, on which the player’s GameCenter name is engraved, with various progress information (gold looted, enemies defeated, etc…)

[​IMG]

At launch, Infinite Warrior will feature four unique locations that have both a day and night version.
    At the start of the game, one location is unlocked while the other three will be discovered throughout gameplay. Once these other locations are unlocked, the player will need to spend soft currency (gold coins picked up during gameplay/earned by completing quests), to “travel” and play at these locations. Future updates will add more locations.
    The player’s character can be equipped with eight different costumes. Other pieces of equipment such as swords, shields, and helmets will grant additional bonuses.
    Each piece of equipment has original concept art and offers unique and tangible bonuses during gameplay. Instead of featuring a standard “gold magnet” bonus, the player will be able to buy a helm which will grant a bonus to acquired gold on next play, and a shield will offer protection for a given distance acting as a powerful “head-start”.
    All equipment can be purchased with soft or hard currency.

For more information and screenshots about the game, we invite you to check the official website at:
    www.emptyflaskgames.com (for the game's information)
    http://emptyflaskgames.com/screenshots.php (for screenshots)

Here is the teaser's video:

http://youtu.be/biTQy3uqwt4?hd=1&t=3s

If you have any questions about the game, or Empty Flask Games, please let me know, I'll be to answer these.

2. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Put in on the appstore now and I will buy it right away. :)

I love how this looks, how this feels, and I am itching to play it.

3. EFGames

Very happy to hear :) Just a few more weeks before release - we're targeting September !!

4. master lee

master lee Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2009
    Greece kos island
    Damn this is one Hell of a Game INSTA Buy!!!!!

5. OrochiBebop

OrochiBebop Member

Aug 3, 2012
    I'm interested ... Can't wait

6. Mhunt190

Mhunt190 Well-Known Member

May 27, 2012
    USA
    Are you using unity :) or a diffrent graphics engine

7. EFGames

We indeed used Unity to develop the game :)

8. Mhunt190

Mhunt190 Well-Known Member

May 27, 2012
    USA
    #9 Mhunt190, Aug 14, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2012
    Game looks Great...Nice job Can't wait to play

9. tim240

tim240 Well-Known Member

Jun 26, 2012
    That looks sick! Reminds me of the part in the movie "300" where Leonidas kills in slow-mo!

10. EFGames

This was precisely the idea behind the game - the "initial" concept video was the footage from that specific scene :)

Visuals inspirations for IW came from 300, Immortals, Spartacus, Games of Throne, Clash/Wrath of the Titans, Lord of the Rings and many more.

11. Fastbridge

Fastbridge Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2009
    Service advisor for Honda
    NYC, New York. USA
    This looks great. Can't wait. What a surprise to see something so differenr

12. tonydeli7

tonydeli7 Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2010
    Freelance Computer Engineer
    Greece
    Wow! Looks great!

13. dennis40

dennis40 Active Member

I'm about to say that too :D
    Looking forward to make my own Leonidas now :p

14. Brrobotix

Brrobotix Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Under your bed
    The great graphics got my attention, I just hope this one has enough depth to hold it. But I do love the concept, I'll be looking forward to seeing some more of the gameplay.

15. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    So it's like Guitar Hero but fighting? That could work I guess.

By the way, 300's plot was so cheesy and historically wrong.

16. Muz333

Muz333 Active Member

May 7, 2012
    Microbiologist.
    UK
    Wow, not usually a fan of runner games but this looks great. Can't wait to get my hands in this one.

17. EFGames

Yes, it's pretty much like a Guitar Hero, with fighting sequences instead.

Plus, there is the equipment to customize your warrior, like an RPG. The equipment progressively give you better and better bonus as you play (more gold, longer bloodlust mode (which is a kind of rage power-up)etc...)

The game also features the usual "infinite runner" quest system, completing specific actions as you play (for example, Loot x amount gold, reach 100 meters, find 3 chests, etc...) to get rewarded with greater amount of gold as you level up.

18. Biggavelli

Biggavelli Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2011
    Boston,MA
    This looks good...:eek:

19. master lee

master lee Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2009
    Greece kos island
    I hope you include Game Center and Achievements.