MotoHeroz Community/Help Thread

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Stream, Mar 16, 2012.

1. Stream

Stream Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2011
    Student
    Australia
    MotoHeroz
    by Ubisoft and RedLynx.

I've created this thread so people can share treasure chest locations, find help or want to chat about levels.

MotoHeroz League:
    (TO BE ADDED)

Treasure Chest Locations:
    (TO BE UPDATED) - Feel free to post locations below to be added to main post.

2. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    #2 crunc, Mar 16, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2012
    Desert level 4: Mighty Jump. I'll put this in two spoilers. The first is a brief hint. The second spells it out.

Try going backward instead of forward!

You need to grab the boost item. Then go backward and down onto the platform below the starting spot. Now speed backward and roll up the curve then hit the boost at or near the top of that curve and you'll launch upward. If you have your speed and boost right you'll go over a rock and then onto another rock where there's a basket on a rope. You need to ride the basket. This will take some tries to manage to stay in the basket, but if you do you'll swing and then the basket will fall right onto where the treasure chest is.

3. Neehan

Neehan Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2010
    #3 Neehan, Mar 16, 2012
    The Desert level 1: First Run

Simple hint:
    You need to drive backwards up a ramp to reach the upper platforms.

Detailed explanation:
    Right before the second to last arrow sign, get a little speed and drive backwards up the ramp formed by rocks. You should be able to reach an upper ledge. Keep driving left making sure to stay on these upper platforms. After three ramps you will reach the chest.

The Desert level 2: High Roll

Simple hint:
    Looks for ramps you can drive over backwards.

Detailed:
    After the loopty loop, the path splits into an upper and lower section. Take the lower section but stop before the end of ramp that takes you back to the normal path. Drive backwards getting lots of speed, you will hit a ramp going backwards that should shoot you up to the treasure. You need to lean forward a little bit after you hit the small bump in order to position yourself to get enough air off the large jump.

4. hbernritter

hbernritter Well-Known Member

Jul 15, 2010
    Inventory/Marketing Manager
    Toledo, OH
    FINALLY got The last desert level chest

you have to approach the spinning wood plank slowly, as soon as it starts to spin gas it and hold backflip, if done properly it will kick you backwards onto a cliff, from there just speed backwards to the beginning of the level

5. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    #5 crunc, Mar 16, 2012
    Desert level 3: Rock Forms:

Grab the rocket item, then go back to a point where there's a tower of boulders and boxes and stuff. Fly up on the right side of that tower to the top where there's a large boulder. Knock the boulder (fly right into it), and only the boulder, off and to the left. It will fall down and crack open the cage that the treasure chest is in. Fly down to it and grab it.

6. hbernritter

Jul 15, 2010
    Toledo, OH
    Ok just got Goal Post in the 2nd world.

Get the jet pack and where the trap is wait for the car chasing you to set it off and then lower yourself to the left side of the trap and the treasure is there. Its important to note that you should wait for the chasing car to almost catch you before starting your jet pack since its a timed power up.

7. hbernritter

Jul 15, 2010
    Toledo, OH
    #7 hbernritter, Mar 16, 2012
    World 2 Forest Ridge

Follow the track until you go through the loop, go over the next hill and then reverse up the hill, you will land on a floating island with barrels on it. Break through those and then continue jumping over 2 more lslands in reverse, the 3rd island you land on you need to be going decent speed to go around the top and flip your buggy and gas forward to pull yourself up on the next island. Jump a couple more going forward and inside a hut is the treasure.

8. hbernritter

Jul 15, 2010
    Toledo, OH
    World 2 For Loop

Go through first loop then reverse back to fall down hole made by breaking through, go to the right and after you go through the loop in the lower area slow down, a wood section will lift up, when it has reverse back to the beginning. follow the track and you will now use that raised piece of wood to get on top of a tree and the chest, just reverse back down and the wood will lower again.

9. jenkki

jenkki Well-Known Member

Mar 25, 2010
    RedLynx
    Helsinki, Finland
    Thanks for starting the thread Stream, and posting your tips guys!

As an additional resource, the RedLynx forum has a spoiler thread.

:D

10. ShiftySamurai

ShiftySamurai Member

Feb 13, 2012
    Redlynx Community Manager
    You guys are gonna have them all found too soon! :D

11. Stream

Stream Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2011
    Student
    Australia
    I'm going to update the thread main post when I have time.

@ShiftySamurai - I can't wait for more levels. :D

12. jenkki

jenkki Well-Known Member

Mar 25, 2010
    RedLynx
    Helsinki, Finland
    We have more levels planned, no definite date yet.

13. spidey

spidey Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2010
    India
    Holy God! Crooked Fall Treasure Chest was awesome.
    Hint:
    Really think of this game as a platformer than a racer. That is to say, in platformers, buttons activate stuff.

14. .THOTH.

.THOTH. Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
    Credit counselor :(
    Tacoma, WA
    To get the treasure in Goal Post you have to
    use a spring to get over the trap, the guy chasing you will fall in exposing the treasure on the lower left side, drive back to pick up the spring that's hovering over the trap and use it to get back across, back track to the 2 water wheels and pick up the jetpack in between them and use it to get the treasure!

15. .THOTH.

Mar 6, 2012
    Tacoma, WA
    In The Experiment
    after you get the jet pack and go through the log at the top then drop down go left over the water wheel and drop into the hollow log, it will transport you to the top where you head left towards the treasure

16. .THOTH.

Mar 6, 2012
    Tacoma, WA
    In Way of the Pipe
    at the end where you go up the red pipe to get launched towards the goal, reverse down the red pipe as fast as you can, if you do it right you'll back flip and land on the structure above you, this will activate an air vent a little to your left that will launch you up to a platform with a catapult, drive into the basket and you'll be launched towards the treasure

17. Mr. Grizzly

Mr. Grizzly Well-Known Member

May 20, 2011
    Without giving away spoilers, would you say some or most of the chests are accessible once you upgrade your vehicle several times (for example, I found I couldn't get the very first chest until I upgraded my speed and thrn was able to make the backward jumps) or are the chest locations more about figuring out tricky jumps, etc? The reason I am asking is because I don't want to waste time trying over and over to get some of them if I truly cannot access them until my vehicles are upgraded more.

18. .THOTH.

Mar 6, 2012
    Tacoma, WA
    In Frost Hole
    take the sticky upgrade and carry it to the end of the level, jump off the hill as fast as you can towards the wall behind the goal that drops, activate your sticky upgrade and go towards the top and there it is!

19. .THOTH.

Mar 6, 2012
    Tacoma, WA
    I worked my way through the second world with I think 2 upgrades, currently working through the 3rd with none. I think upgrades make it easier but they're not necessary (I could be speaking too soon though)

20. .THOTH.

Mar 6, 2012
    Tacoma, WA
    I might be wrong Mr. Grizzly I just tried Sticky Slippery several times and I don't see how it's possible without an upgrade... I'm not sure though