Which Gameloft game?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by bluenag, Sep 9, 2009.

1. bluenag

bluenag Member

Jul 12, 2009
    Which gameloft game (gangstar, modern combat, blades of fury) should i get? i only have enough for one and they all look amazing! since the app store reviews arent always trustworthy i was hoping for some comparisons if anyone has bought all three, thanks!!

2. skyye06

skyye06 Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2009
    student
    Texas
    you should get MC and i have all three, ask me anything you want

3. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    MC is the best of the three but personally I'd recommend skipping them all for now cause there's stuff I like way more out there.

4. kingkong120

kingkong120 Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2009
    Gangstar if you like sandbox type games
    MC: Sandstorm if you like FPS
    Blades of Fury if you like arcade fighting

I have all 3 but I haven't tried Blades of Fury yet
    MC: Sandstorm is my fav right now though.

5. weedeatinflyincougar

weedeatinflyincougar Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2009
    well, that depends on your personal preference;
    would you prefer a GTA type of game, a COD4 type of game, or a soul caliber type of game?

6. bluenag

bluenag Member

Jul 12, 2009
    thats the problem, those are my three favorite types of games haha. Which one would you say most accurately represents the console version(s)? And to the first poster, and anyone i guess haha, does MC sandstorm feel like sandbox ish (sort of like cod 4) or is it more like an on rails shooter?

7. MrTcj22

MrTcj22 Active Member

Aug 15, 2009
    The two posts above me seems a bit redundant

okay so ganster is a gta clone but really scaled down and and a bit more boring as after finishing the missions it gets dull

MC is like Cod4 but just the like the single player but not as epic but if you have online capabilities then I'd go with this as it will last longer in the end

While blades is fun, I think it will soon go away after finishing everything but that depends if you really enjoy these type of games

8. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    You can't compare them against each other cause they are separate games. They are pretty much among the best broad action games on the device. Honestly at some point you should get all three.

9. MrTcj22

MrTcj22 Active Member

Aug 15, 2009
    We know that and I think that he may know that but he can only buy one game now and yes everything is comparable if you think about it.

Please if your not gonna help him don't post

10. STP_Tim

STP_Tim Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2009
    MC: Sandstorm isn't on-rails in the traditional sense, but your path in very forced through the game. As far as I have gotten (quite far), you don't really get much freedom to move around the environment at your discretion. However, despite the limitations, its a great FPS. The controls are pretty perfect, and graphics are stunning for an iPhone game.

Gangstar is, in my opinion, good but not great. I'd wait for GTA:CW. There are tons of limitations and overall there isn't much to do beyond a story. Its not a bad game, and having an open-world environment on the iPhone is impressive, but overall it suffers from some easily solvable issues. Driving controls are touchy.

Blades of Fury is the game that best represents the cloned game, Soul Calibur. The controls are spot-on and there is a decent amount of depth to the gameplay. As a plus, the graphics are detailed and beautiful. This said, make sure you like this genre before spending $6.99 on it.

I will leave the final decision up to you, but as a sidenote remember Hybrid is coming very soon, which is fan-freaking-tastic. Also, tomorrow is the event... nudge nudge wink wink say no more say no more. ;)

11. bluenag

bluenag Member

Jul 12, 2009
    thanks alot for all the descriptions! ive narrowed it down to MC and Blades of fury so now the hard part is picking one ha. But on a side note, when does Battle for Wesnoth come out? because i looked at it since its in like everyones sig and it looks pretty freaking nice :eek:

12. skyye06

Jul 21, 2009
    student
    Texas
    Not for a while my friend not even submitted but sounds amazing and is only 4.99

13. STP_Tim

Apr 7, 2009
    Its in everybody's sig because the developer requested they do that if they want to be eligible for the beta ;) Kinda spam if you ask me.

14. skyye06

Jul 21, 2009
    student
    Texas
    I agree but isn't your sig also kinda spam;)

Also its to get his game noticed and I thinked it kinda worked

15. STP_Tim

Apr 7, 2009
    Yes, my sig is totally spam. I'm shameless :p

And yeah it did, and it was a great marketing tactic. Spam can be beneficial.

16. skyye06

Jul 21, 2009
    student
    Texas
    hey as long as it doesn't hurt anyone its okay...

btw I first checked out STP cause of your sig lol

17. h0130j03

h0130j03 Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2009
    I have gangstar and MC. if you want a game where you can do anything you like, gangstar. If you want a military shooter, MC. but personally i like MC more.

EDIT: oh gangstar is out of the question. i don't have BoF, so can't help any further