Apple ruining release of game?!

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by JesseAtOnyxx, Dec 23, 2009.

1. JesseAtOnyxx

JesseAtOnyxx Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2009
    #1 JesseAtOnyxx, Dec 23, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2009
    My game 'Claim Denied!' has been 'ready for sale' for 3 days, is listed as available, and yet is completely unavailable on any store. It's as though it doesn't exist. Giving that this is a healthcare satire game there is only a narrow window for me to make money off of this. If it doesn't show up on stores soon I may lose a month of work and not to mention all the sales.

Not only that, but all the advertising I put out listed the game as coming out a day before, and every day it's delayed hurts.

Is anyone else having this problem, or has Apple simply screwed me?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. killy billy

killy billy Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2009
    planet iphone/ipad
    manomio, the dev from the c64 emulator has the same problem.

itunes connect for devs is probably close till 28 december.

3. dogmeat

dogmeat Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2009
    Information Security Engineer
    San Francisco, CA
    thousands in sales?

Did you actually do any research on what you're trying to do before you tried to do it?

4. TheSeldomSeenKid

TheSeldomSeenKid Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Manchester, England
    Not sure what's going on with apple, maybe if you get a screen shot and upload it someone may be able to help? You could always post this in the 'Dev Discussion' bit (if you haven't already, i just noticed this in game discussion).

Ps. This looks a pretty good game. Got more info on it? ;)

5. don_k

don_k Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2008
    They're pretty busy right now as everyone's submitting releases, updates, price change, etc etc. Things are slower than usual, just like post office, public transport and everything else.

The C64 (official Commodore 64 emulator) has the same problem, so it's not just yours. The safe way to this is to submit it long before christmas season so it's already available before things get hectic.

Avoid last-minute things at busy times like this, that applies to anything actually.

6. dogmeat

Apr 6, 2009
    San Francisco, CA
    judging from the screenshots it's a castle defense game where you stamp "denied" on old people and hurt people.

Nothing new here, move along.

7. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Can you stop playing "probably", as though you're not really sure? That just totally voids any potentially useful information you post. iTunes Connect IS closed from the 23rd until the 28th.

8. don_k

don_k Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2008
    Maybe he was indeed unsure? eg. he's unsure if it's 23-28 or 22-29 dec. Not everyone can remember dates accurately ;)

9. New England Gamer

New England Gamer Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2009
    @ dogmeat: Way to slap the guy when he's down and asking for help. Nice Christmas spirit of you.

Jesse I am not sure what to tell you to do, but one thing I DO know is that they take a hiatus right now for 5 days. Things might still be propogating during that time if it doesn't take any manpower from Apple to do that.

Good luck, but don't stress out for 5 days if you can't reach a human for an answer. Wait until the 29th now to get in touch with them.

Sorry I don't have an answer. Good luck.

10. JesseAtOnyxx

JesseAtOnyxx Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Thanks, it's just frustrating, especially since it shows up as ready for sale. I'll keep my fingers crossed!

11. New England Gamer

New England Gamer Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2009
    I am sure it is. In the meantime - chin up and keep hitting refresh! And have a happy holiday despite it all!

12. dogmeat

Apr 6, 2009
    San Francisco, CA
    bah humbug.

I'm a realist.

I bet this game will easily make about 3$ a day for the first few months.

13. jak56

jak56 Well-Known Member

if you do a good promo code competition, people will stay interested in your game.
    you can giv out promo codes when your game is not out on the appstore yet

14. killy billy

killy billy Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2009
    planet iphone/ipad
    euhhh.....ok mr perfect!!!!

15. dogmeat

Apr 6, 2009
    San Francisco, CA
    don't worry about him, he's just a jerk like myself.

16. diffusion8r

diffusion8r Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2008
    Termina
    Or you can buy the game. Your constant cries for promos aren't because you think it will increase sales, just so you can either get the game for free or add it to your list of promo codes you can trade to others.

17. dogmeat

Apr 6, 2009
    San Francisco, CA
    Did I fix it?

18. MidianGTX

Jun 16, 2009
    Did that not make sense to you? What's the point in posting information if you're just gonna say "probably"? That doesn't answer anyone's question, either post info you know is correct or don't post.

19. MidianGTX

Jun 16, 2009
    I need something to get me through the long winter nights.

20. diffusion8r

diffusion8r Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2008
    Termina
    If you give out codes for this based on jak56's recommendation look how his list in the Promo Trading Group will magically change.

Host a promo competition if you want but not on jak56's advice as most likely it would go to whores like him who would not review it and just trade it, or would get a ridiculous unearned five star review praising the game just because they got a code.