Forgotten Memories - A psychological survival horror

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by kugi_igi, Dec 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tatoforever

tatoforever Well-Known Member

May 4, 2009
    Lead/Game Programmer
    Montréal
    That's why Games haven't been taken as a serious art medium yet. ^^
    You'll see pretty woman's in FM, but it doesn't means you'll see their breasts bobbling around like gelatine. xD
    Well i mean, we try to make it as much realistic as possible. :D

2. bramblett05

bramblett05 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    One day a developer is gonna make it so bad it hits them in the face lol (namco I'm looking at you)

3. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    What did Namco do?

4. tatoforever

May 4, 2009
    Lead/Game Programmer
    Montréal
    #2584 tatoforever, Jan 21, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2013
    You mean the bobs hitting their own face? :eek:

Hopefully we are not following that route. :D

[Edit] I was joking. ^^

5. jujumafon

jujumafon Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2012
    Check any Soul Calibur series game XD

6. jujumafon

Nov 1, 2012
    Not to talk about Team Ninja

7. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Lolol soooo...

Can you tell us anything about the combat system, Tato? From the videos I gather it works a lot like RE5 in terms of camera but without the action-oriented gameplay.

Similar to, say Dead Space iOS?

8. jujumafon

Nov 1, 2012
    I think it still look more like resident evil 3.5/4 for combat, but with a camera similar to silent hill 2/3, cause it dont stay fixed behind the character, only when you aim.

9. anouk82

anouk82 Active Member

Jan 20, 2013
    Mini market
    Athens,Greece
    Can you give me some specification on the iPhone 5?:eek:n tv out(not AirPlay),what resolution will it be?....and what about fps?....some titles are optimized for tv out at 720p(intense graphics games) and some 1080p(more "weak" games)...You said on iPhone 5,it will be all maxed out right?...Have you consider adding control over various graphics parameters(resolution,antialiasing,dof,vsync etc.)in the settings?...it will be better in my opinion!Any special effects on the fifth generation iPhone?One request of mine is to include surround sound via headphones(sound is the 50% in horror games)...more suggestions incoming....(I want to thank you for your detication to this work you do!You earn our respect!!!Be well...

10. tatoforever

May 4, 2009
    Lead/Game Programmer
    Montréal
    #2590 tatoforever, Jan 22, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2013
    Correct,
    Camera follows the character (but doesn't follow his back) in exploration mode. You can freely move the character in camera space (relative to it), because we think it's easier than tank controls. When you are in aim (or combat) mode, camera do follow the character and will always sit on his back (as in Dead Space). In aim mode, you can strafe the character and rotate him in character space (relative to himself), again similar to Dead Space.
    Last but not long, In both modes you'll be able to control camera rotations which is very smooth btw. :)
    Camera and character control/movement is really important for us, we don't take such features slightly. We've made them in a way that feels naturally so you don't even have to think about it.
    I'm a bit busy now, I'll try to answer other questions later. :)
    Warm regards to all you guys!

11. tatoforever

May 4, 2009
    Lead/Game Programmer
    Montréal
    I always like to hear peoples feedbacks (even if they know little about our game). I'm a very open guy when it comes to suggestions, so keep them coming.
    I'll answer your questions tomorrow at the office, I need some rest now. :)
    Warm regards,

12. corvo attono

corvo attono Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2012
    how much longer do u think it will take for it to be released? is it more like 2 months, six months, or a year?

13. anouk82

anouk82 Active Member

Jan 20, 2013
    Mini market
    Athens,Greece
    I'm looking forword to your answers...

14. jujumafon

Nov 1, 2012
    A game to be good, need good controls, and those need to be natural, both character and camera controls. With the videos we have until now, I get the feeling that this feature is coming out very smoothly.
    I kinda like the tank controls type, but in the end, it looks like that the cameras choosen by you guys give the player more freedom, and with this, the game can get more immersive.
    But, I dont know, why not consider giving the option to choose the kind of camera ? something like, you finish the game once, and it becomes available as an option maybe, I dunno, just ideas.

15. tatoforever

May 4, 2009
    Lead/Game Programmer
    Montréal
    #2595 tatoforever, Jan 24, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2013
    New images of Noah, this time specularity and self diffuse have been risen a bit to highlights details (otherwise you won't be able to see her at all).
    Tell me what you think about it. :)
    More stuff soon!
    Enjoy!

[EDIT] Those image doesn't have any Anti-Aliasing or post-effect, watch out your eyes! Just-in-case. ^^

Attached Files:

16. tatoforever

May 4, 2009
    Lead/Game Programmer
    Montréal
    You mean, let the user chose between full follow behind (as in Dead Space) or a more freedom one (what we currently have) but statically (always with that camera mode)?
    We have a combination of both which work nice, however we would like to see what beta testers think about our new approach. Till now, every single person that played FM (internally) has fallen in love with our new approach, better wait and see for yourself. ;)

17. bramblett05

bramblett05 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    Wow love the work good going :)

18. qmishery

qmishery Active Member

Dec 24, 2012
    too big breast imho =)

19. tatoforever

May 4, 2009
    Lead/Game Programmer
    Montréal
    You'll be able to configure everything that can affect the quality of your game even for low-end devices (that support all features).
    Texture resolution, depth resolution, shadows resolution, lighting quality, shader quality, override the screen resolution (not higher than device native resolution but lower), image effects (SSAA, motion blur, desaturation, soft-shadows, etc). Everything will be tweakable. :)
    Warm regards,

20. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    #2600 JBRUU, Jan 24, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2013
    Looking nice! Are the faces going to be animated ingame?

So let me try and figure this out...there's "exploration mode" where you control the character via virtual joysticks it's full 360 movement/camera control. The camera is a little farther out, like the vid.

Then there's "aim mode" where it's like Dead Space/RE5 over the shoulder with slower movement. That about right?