Universal Fiz: The Brewery Management Game by Bit by Bit Studios

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Dec 12, 2013.

1. pkmvancouver

pkmvancouver Guest

I redeemed 7YN6YR6EE4AW, thank you.

2. a47danger

a47danger New Member

May 9, 2013
    Redeemed MA779MM769Y3. Thanks! Excited to give it a try. Love management games.

3. a47danger

a47danger New Member

May 9, 2013
    Wow, love it! Scratches just the right itch for me. It seems silly, but I love playing with different numbers and combinations to see what will most likely succeed. Already played 5 and a half hours.

4. seandanger

seandanger Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2013
    Male
    Game developer
    Portland Oregon, USA
    You're both welcome! Glad you enjoy it, a47danger! :)

5. RebelBC

RebelBC Well-Known Member

Mar 29, 2011
    Tried to redeem TLHKWY3KMYNL but someone already got it. :(

6. seandanger

Feb 10, 2013
    Male
    Game developer
    Portland Oregon, USA
    Sorry RebelBC! I hope you consider trying the game anyway. If you do, let me know and I'll send you some promo codes for in-game goodies.

7. icoker

icoker Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2013
    are there anymore in-game promo codes?
    im really loving this game by the way thanks so much for sucha great game

8. seandanger

Feb 10, 2013
    Male
    Game developer
    Portland Oregon, USA
    Sure! Try CHGCLTHS for some new outfits, and 11FUNFUN for some bonus coins. Thanks for playing.

9. icoker

icoker Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2013
    The promo codes are much appreciated. I'll use it for charity to gain some notoriety, if you catch my drift.

I found the game very challenging (didnt read the pop-up instructions thoroughly) in the beginning but now that i got used to all the features im having such a blast.

10. seandanger

Feb 10, 2013
    Male
    Game developer
    Portland Oregon, USA
    Glad to hear it, icoker. I do catch your drift. :) You're welcome and enjoy!

11. Underwater

Underwater Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Atlantis
    I've started playing this game again, because I've never really finished it when I started playing it months ago. It's addictive and challenging, but has a few bugs. When I view the competitors in certain marketplaces, the whole section goes missing. Sometimes the competitors are just overlapping each other which makes it unreadable. Sometimes they completely disappear, which resulted in me being confused why people were complaining about my beer having a worse quality than other companies, while there were no other competitors.

12. seandanger

Feb 10, 2013
    Male
    Game developer
    Portland Oregon, USA
    Hey Underwater, glad you're playing, and I'm sorry about that bug. We've fixed it locally but are waiting to issue an update until another fix goes in.

In the meantime, you can force the table to reposition itself by keeping the Competition tab selected, then in the left list, selecting a different Marketplace, and then again selecting the one you had selected before. Then everything should look normal.

That bug will be fixed once 1.1.2 goes live, probably in the next week for Android, and 2 for iOS.

13. Underwater

Underwater Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Atlantis
    Thanks for the quick response! Good to hear the update is coming soon.

14. ortolan

ortolan Active Member

May 17, 2014
    mmmm...beeer...

15. AnimeAi

AnimeAi New Member

Aug 17, 2014
    Suggestion for fixing the “markup” confusion with Fiz:

Suggestion for fixing the “markup” confusion with Fiz:
    While this is a game mechanic to help balance the game it is counter intuitive and frustrating for players as in the real world customers would never know how much a batch of beer cost to produce. The reason balance is broken in later game (or new game+) is the insane increase in quantity that can be brewed from one set of ingredients. If the “standard” quantity is around 100, with craft points this can be pushed to over 1000! In real beer making, you cannot increase your quantity without first increasing the number of raw ingredients. 100 beers costing 1000 coins to make is fine, 1000 still costing the same is insane.

Proposal to fix this balance issue and remove markup, instead allowing customers to buy beer based on a. How much money they have, b. The quality of the beer, c. How thirsty they are, d. How much the beer costs and e. How much competitors sell their beer for and the quality of this beer is thus:

1. Each recipe brews a standard number of bottles (could be set on a per recipe basis or as a constant for every recipe)
    2. Each brewing facility can cope with a pre-determined number of bottles
    3. Employee skill / craft points can increase the number of bottles a facility can cope with in one batch
    4. Batches can be tailored to make a certain number of bottles (button for “max”)

Example: Recipe for Grubb's Lite has a standard yield of 75 bottles and ingredients cost 500. Current brewing facility can manage up to 150 bottles in a batch once craft points have been spent. Brewing a batch of 150 will therefore cost 1000 in ingredients. The cost of brewing batches will scale up with greater numbers brewed.

Difficulties and necessary changes to gameplay mechanics:
    1. Many employees will need their skills revised
    2. Some special items that give a chance to increase yield will need to be revised or changed (perhaps increase quality instead?)
    3. Marketplace changes will require testing to ensure new balancing in effective
    4. Formulae for customers choice will require revision
    5. Descriptions (and effect) of yield modifying upgrades to brewing equipment will require changes.
    6. Using percentage based upgrades could again break game balance in new game+ or later game as bonuses begin to stack.
    7. Buying ingredients would need to be moved to the final step instead of the first step of the brewing process. The new flow would be thus: Select recipe => Assign roles => Assign craft points => “This will cost you XXXX in ingredients to make, do you wish to brew?”

16. gaxelson

gaxelson New Member

Jan 16, 2015
    Viktor event

I'm new to the forum and hope I'm posting in the right place. Game question/issue. Tried to respond to the Viktor event which required 100 units of a beer of at least 600 quality points and high ABV. I submitted a 100 unit batch of Smoke Bamberg with a quality of 629. The beer's description calls it explosive and not a session beer. Viktor said the beer failed! Huh?

17. Kithikor

Kithikor New Member

Aug 11, 2015
    We're Not In Kansas Anymore

My original employees maxed out. I read I should hire new people. I waited until I got challenge#1 beat, for new brewery.
    My quality is nothing like it was. So now my profit level is nothing to what it was.
    Dud I screw up hiring new people? Should I start a new brewery?
    Thanks in advance.

18. DragonKingJake

DragonKingJake New Member

Feb 15, 2017
    Water Shortage

Ok. I am on my first play through for the game, and have a serious issue. When the water shortage happened it was year 28. So I decided to wait it out, just earning a little in the meantime. After 5 years, at year 33, nothing had happened, so I researched it. You need the whale ale mission or whatever it's called but I had never gotten it and yes I have the dive bar. It is now year 39 and I still have not received the mission and am getting very annoyed. Is there some qualification I'm not meeting? Because this game is really fun and addictive and I would like to fix the problem so I can continue to have fun playing.

19. Kakarot

Kakarot New Member

Sep 19, 2017
    Probably a bit late but I had a question if anyone is still following this thread.
    Secret Challenge:
    Turn 25k profit at a quick and convinent marketplace.
    What market is this challenge talking about? And also
    Sell 160 units of a certain watery Beer.Which beer?I am kinda stuck story wise so any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks

20. Gluskap

Gluskap Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2015
    This has just been updated with 64 Bit support, nice.

seandanger likes this.