What are some good Puzzle RPGs? Also games with a character/avatar?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Eice, Jul 27, 2012.

1. Eice

Eice Member

Jul 20, 2012
    I'm looking for games like Aurora Feint (even though they're gone now), Sorcerer of Fortune, Dungeon Raid, etc. The "match three" + RPG style games I find fun because you get the RPG elements, but you can play quick games.

I like Sorcerer of Fortune, but was hoping to find some others. I'd like decent graphics (Dungeon Raid, I think it's the one, has very low graphics, like 8-bit-y and you don't really have a 'character'/'avatar').

I'm also looking for different games where you have a personal character/avatar that you upgrade/customize, but that you can (preferably) see. Like, Castle Age, which I play, is nice, but I like Pocket Army where you can see your character.

I'm all for free games, but they don't necessarily have to be.

2. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    10000000 is all the rage these days, is a match 3 slide tile RPG/endless runner hybrid.

3. 40teeth

40teeth Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    Have you tried the original Puzzle Quest?
    I think it was taken off the App Store though.

4. Issac

Issac Well-Known Member

May 20, 2011
    How about Castlevania Puzzle: Encore of the Night. It has the leveling up and equipment and stats that you seem to be looking for. And, you can see Alucard as you are fighting. Imagine Street Puzzle Fighter with rpg elements and Castlevania characters.

5. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    PuzzleQuest 2 is still available -- not sure what happened to the first one.

I would check out Legend Four. It's like Dungeon Raid but with better graphics, actual characters and story, and animated combat. It's free, but so far I haven't seen the need for IAPs.

6. kendahlj

kendahlj Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2012
    Wizschool