ALL TIME Best Endless Runner

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by frisbee10461, Jan 24, 2013.

1. frisbee10461

frisbee10461 Well-Known Member

Feb 16, 2012
    Hello, all!

In your opinion, which is the best endless runner game of all time? There are a truckload of this genre of game, so which one stands head and shoulders above the rest?

For what it is worth, my vote goes to Pitfall.

What's your opinion?

frisbee10461

2. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    Ski Safari. Almost everything gives you points, the different animals, its fast, has a backflip, the sense of humor, all the unlockable characters, snowmobiles and much more with their unique objective(s), a good coin gathering rate, the multiple upgrades it has received adding different scenarios and the style the game has all around it, the sense of flying,... Its perfect. Really perfect.

3. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    And Banana Kong has all the right ingredients too to become one. Lets hope (or pray, light a candle,... ;)) it does well and Gamaga can make lots of updates with many new scenarios, animals and new stuff because it deserves it... so far my experience with it has been a complete blast... Could even top SS...

4. Gryphon

Gryphon Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2012
    Jetpack joyride

5. KiddToKmart

KiddToKmart Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2011
    Technically not endless, but Rayman Jungle Run!

It would seriously kick the balls out of any and everything else on the AppStore if an endless mode was added :p

6. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    #6 Exact-Psience, Jan 24, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2013
    Best of the best for me would have to include:

Behind-the-back:
    Temple Run 1
    Temple Run 2
    Temple Run: Brave
    Pitfall
    Agent Dash
    TheEndApp
    Blood Roofs
    Run N Gun
    One Epic Knight
    Subway Surfers
    Last Knight
    Verticus (despite what most say, i still think this game is tops)
    Infinity Run 3D

Side-scrolling:
    Polara
    Punch Quest
    Ronin
    Time Surfer
    Tiny Wings
    Necrorun
    Spooky Hoofs
    Stylish Sprint
    Super bit Bash
    Jetpack Joyride
    Infin,ite Warrior
    Wind-Up Knight
    Darkness Rush
    Ski Safari
    Zombie Tsunami
    God of Blades
    Mega Run
    Grim Joggers
    IX-Runner
    Gravity Guy
    I Must Run! reloaded
    Steel Runner
    Dino Rush
    Demolition Dash
    Banana Kong (pretty new but pretty good)

Miscellaneous (other views and the not-so-endless):
    Into the Dead
    AAAaaaaAAAAaaaaaAAAAAhhhhhhHHHHHHHHH
    Zombie Parkour Runner
    Totem Runner
    Super mole Escape
    Captain Antarctica
    NinJump
    Diversion
    Monkey Ninja
    Crazy Control 2
    CSR Racing (yes it's a runner :))
    Run Roo Run
    Rayman Jungle Run
    Jaws Revenge
    Axon Runners
    Joe Danger (this too :D)
    Zombie Highway
    Pix N Love Rush

This is a big list, but these are all recommended games that have been around for some time, and some may have already been lost in the iOS's massive library.

Didnt include titles like Mirror's Edge, Captain America and Project 83113 as they are more a platformer than runner.

7. sink_or_swim

sink_or_swim Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2012
    Germany
    #7 sink_or_swim, Jan 24, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2013
    EP.. What about the all time classic Monster Dash?
    I would also add Cubed Rally Redline (endless racer), Blot and Magic Moustache to the list.

8. Yeah Exact Psience list is very good, very comprehensive.

9. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Oh dood i totally forgot about Monster Dash and Triniti's Jailbreaker 2 (when Triniti wasnt greedy yet).

I wasnt much into the JJ types of runners so i admittedly forgot about Blot, but i didnt really thinnk Magic Moustache has the appeal that would make it to be one of the best. Same with Mighty Mouse.

As for Cubed Rally Redline, believe it or not... I actually missed that one i dont know how. :D

Woh... just checked and it's free so i downloaded it. Probably wont get into my list til i've played it a bit though.

10. sink_or_swim

sink_or_swim Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2012
    Germany
    I enjoyed Magic Moustache a lot :D
    And Cubed Rally Redline is addictive as hell :)

11. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    If I had to choose, I'd put Blood Roofs as my favorite BTB. Polara as my favorite side scrolling runner (with Rayman Jungle Run close behind on the more casual side).

12. smegly

smegly Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2012
    NY, NY
    Not sure.

I'm really into Run n Gun right now, but it's possible something about it will irk me later. I'm not wild about the need to use alternate currency for some missions, but it's not a bid deal so far.

I play Subway Surfers every day a little bit.

Blood Roofs deserves mention although I am pretty burned out on it myself.

The only side-scrolling runner I play these days is God of Blades which has two endless modes.

I thought Pitfall had a lot of potential, but it didn't seem like I was going to generate enough alternate currency to adequately unlock checkpoints, let alone anything else I might use it for. Also, most of the upgrades applied to disposable items that I didn't want to use often.

I like Temple Run 2 a lot, but wasn't that big on the first one.

13. frisbee10461

frisbee10461 Well-Known Member

Feb 16, 2012
    Great List

Wow, some fantastic games here.

Here are my top endless runners. For runners that are not as popular, I posted the links to them.

1. Pitfall. After they made this game Free, I was hooked on it, and did not stop until I acquired every last patch. This was the first game that combined several types of terrains and vehicles, such as mines, motorcycles, and temples, on top of the jungle scene. Would have loved to see a way to access the original Atari 2600 game, but this is my favorite runner of all time.

2. Infinite Warrior. Combine an endless runner genre with a hack-and-slash mindset, this game has a unique way to progress, in that you swipe in the direction of the arrow that appears. What makes this game so challenging is that by swiping the bird for that coveted Resurrection, or looking round at the lush scenery for a purse, trunk, or vase, you can easily miss the enemy in front of you. To me, this game has the best music of any runner type of game, and the different background music tailored for each environment is first-rate.

I'm ranked at Knight+, so I haven't played this in a while, but it may be time for a return visit. Also, I have not yet experienced Kraken Land, so that should be time well spent.

3. Temple Run. The one that started it all. Unfortunately, like many movies, the sequel is not as good as the original, and Temple Run Brave is a modest improvement, but this is still the Temple Run game to play. After you unlock all characters, the game gets tired, but this does take a while.

4. Run 'n Gun. What a fantastic gem of a game (no pun intended). smegly writes, "I'm really into Run n Gun right now, but it's possible something about it will irk me later. I'm not wild about the need to use alternate currency for some missions, but it's not a bid deal so far." Hmmm, I achieved the final level (Level 20) without spending a dime of real money. This game is addictive. If you have any questions about this game, I posted a list of tips on the appropriate forum page.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/runngun/id570153824?mt=8

5. Rail Rush. What is surprising is that many people will not give this game a try, and that is a shame. 32 action-packed levels of you in the mine cart. Unlike Temple Run 2, this game gets the mine scenes correct. If you have not yet played this game, you should definitely check it out. It's FREE!!!

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/rail-rush/id501947104?mt=8

6. Zombie Tsunami. If the Smurfs became zombies, this would be how they would be represented. Don't let the cartoony characters fool you, this game is addictive, and extremely challenging.

7. On The Wind. Another hidden gem. In this game, you play the wind, and you role is to blow the leaves from spring to summer to fall to winter. Technically, you are not "running," but this game still falls into this genre.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/on-the-wind/id490001717?mt=8

14. slamraman

slamraman Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Aug 27, 2011
    Ronin
    And I really do like Verticus as an endless faller
    Jetpack Joyride

15. wrammy

wrammy Member

Jan 16, 2013
    Definitely Jet Pack Joyride... I honestly couldn't stop playing for hours. It totally sucked me in. I've completed all of the missions about 4 times now and I still play it constantly... it never gets old to me! :D

16. awababob

awababob Member

Jan 16, 2013
    Subway surfers

Subway surfers is my current game addiction! Every once in a while I will get a little lag but it's never that bad. Definitely recommend it.

17. awababob

awababob Member

Jan 16, 2013
    I was totally addicted to this one too for a while! Great game!

18. GodSon

GodSon Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    Punch Quest. :cool:

19. hehjarrod

hehjarrod Member

Jan 16, 2013
    I'm completely obsessed with Jetpack joyride and subway surfers! :D

20. the9quad

the9quad Well-Known Member

Apr 27, 2011
    Wasn't there another one that was first person with a bull chasing you and you were dreaming or whatever