Universal The Blockheads - (by Majic Jungle Software)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jan 9, 2013.

1. iphonedevpinoy

Nov 3, 2010
    [​IMG]

lots of carrot plants = lots of donkeys

2. theLorax

theLorax Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Is this better than Deepworld? If so, why?

3. SamF1sh

SamF1sh Well-Known Member

May 10, 2012
    New Zealand
    Warped in a second blockhead! Also, I reached the North Pole!

Attached Files:

4. Deathinsin

Deathinsin New Member

Jan 3, 2013
    GameStop employee
    Miami
    Nope minecraft rip off n worst of all no enemy's

5. Pbarillas

Pbarillas Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2011
    How do you find animals like donkeys?

Randomly?

6. ramon31

ramon31 Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2011
    Hortacultrist
    Australia
    I've played a lot of apps in my time bought well over 1000 paid apps, but I have to say this is one of my favorites. It just get better and better. I just work at my own pace and loving it. So much to do. Hope there are going to numerous updates. Well done to the developers! I also had some fun with both chopper games back in the day too. :)

7. visionwebs

visionwebs Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2012
    #107 visionwebs, Jan 11, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2013
    Who wants to start a marathon multiplayer game with me in a minute or two?

8. Gamigo78

Gamigo78 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2011
    The game is really good. I beta tested it :) and currently have 4 blockheads.

9. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    What would you say if I mention that Minecraft iOS is a rip-off of Eden iOS (which came out years earlier than MineCraft iOS? Com'on, new game ideas are very scarce these days, and this game covers the need of a casual 2.5D minecraft in iOS perfectly. Regarding enemies, I'm sure it'll get updates, and I'm not sure if enemies fit too well on this one because of task planning...

10. nightc1

nightc1 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2012
    AL
    I really love Minecraft (iOS & PC), JunkJack, Eden World Builder, Mars Miner, and even had fun with Lunacraft. But still I have room for another similar game and this one is pretty decent. My biggest problem is finding enough time for this. I also don't purchase IAP. I will buy apps though so if they make a "Premium" version that's paid with the crafting and mining times cut to 1/4 of what they are now and maybe there's some other benefit to a premium version then I'd happily buy that.

My kids will be getting this tonight and we'll give multiplayer a try. As it is though, this is a pretty interesting approach to the genre. I haven't connected as much though with this game as other simply because I'm not in direct control of the character. In other games like JunkJack and Minecraft it's easy for me to take ownership of the character since essentially it's me and I have to survive and mine and stuff. Still, the idea of eventually having 4 characters to control in a somewhat Lemmings kind of way is cool.

11. TopherW

TopherW Active Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Ok, how do you plant things? I had a flax seed but couldn't figure out how to plant it. It only allowed me to dig with it which wasn't very useful. Must say, I am really enjoying this game. With Joe Danger Touch this week was a much better week than I initially thought.

12. Platyrrhine

Platyrrhine Well-Known Member

Jan 6, 2012
    Has anyone managed to make a boat yet?

13. Riotgirl

Riotgirl Well-Known Member

Apr 5, 2012
    UK
    #113 Riotgirl, Jan 11, 2013
    In principal same here, except I purchased the one-time permanent halve crafting time IAP. I have no intention of purchasing consumable time crystals.

I appreciate why the game is free. If it was £1.99 off the bat with the halve crafting time built it, I'd suspect that it would be harder to attract and entice players.

Nevertheless, I have already been sucked in (eventually went to bed at 04:00 in the morning), and am transforming my initial homestead: replacing wood with red brick, adding more natural light, re-designing the structure, and adding more floors.

Still a little perplexed how to sow seeds. Tried digging a hole and dropping the seeds, but no effect. I'll figure it out. Eventually ;)

Note: the controls and manipulating the World and objects within it are incredibly intuitive. It feels as though the developers have put real thought into how people interact using a touch-screen interface. Controls and UI are a bugbear of mine.

Attached Files:

14. Noah

Noah Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2008
    Male
    Development Manager
    Atlanta, GA
    I watched a few bits of that 17 minute demo... looks like the majority of the game is chopping down trees? I heard a lot of "chop chop chop chop chop" sounds in the background at the 3 different spots I skipped to in the demo.

15. Jxsgamer

Jxsgamer Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2011
    USA
    #115 Jxsgamer, Jan 11, 2013
    So, am I the only one that encountered something that looked like a bat in a tree, about a few yards away from my starting point?
    It looks like the game already have enemies, though very rarely. I only saw the thing once, and it scared me since I had the volume pretty high.

And this may be kind of a silly question, but how do you gain levels?

16. ninjackid

ninjackid Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    This game is great so far. Trying to make some clothes, how do I get flax?

17. bramblett05

bramblett05 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    Make all the workbenches: press,kennel, etc one is you will need them and 2 I forgot how to make flax because I'm trying to figure out how to travel long distances with out making my blockhead hate his environment.

18. ninjackid

ninjackid Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    Lol, alright. And yeah, I'm trying to figure that out, too.

Lots of stuff, I need to learn. :p

19. someperson

someperson Member

Jan 11, 2013
    From what I've discovered, you select your seed and tap the ground.

20. Riotgirl

Riotgirl Well-Known Member

Apr 5, 2012
    UK
    No. I encountered a few as well - all sitting in trees. They are active at night. I've reduced their numbers so that none are in trees in the vicinity of my homestead with my trusty flint spear. Also, a good source of materials ;)

You do not gain levels. Rather, you improve your tools and upgrade your existing work-benches to allow you to harvest, mine, etc quicker, and craft more sophisticated items.

Thoroughly absorbing so far.