MICROMON : A Monster Capture Game for Mobile Devices

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by batux1617, Apr 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. batux1617

batux1617 Active Member

Apr 17, 2012
    Micromon Micromon Micromon!!! :D

2. J2o

J2o Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2011
    #22 J2o, Apr 17, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2012
    This MicroMon game looks more promising than some other games and more importantly, it looks well balanced in graphics and gameplay departments.

There was a different game in the development that looked like it was trying too hard to a pokemon clone and looked a little kiddish. Meanwhile, the other one in the work looked too focused on creating eye-candy graphics and aiming for "coolness", but appeared to be lacking in details on gameplay or the story itself.

BUT thanks to your video, this game could be what I may settle for.

3. killercow

killercow Well-Known Member

Agreed and backed!

4. Neo-Dragon

Neo-Dragon Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2012
    #24 Neo-Dragon, Apr 17, 2012
    I actually think this is more of a clone to pokemon and in fact, this game is branded as a catch 'em all game and even compares itself to pokemon in the videos while the other game has said it's not a catch em all game and has it's completely own take on the creatures instead of just wild monsters ;-)
    That is of course if you were refering to my game with that comment - if not, disregard that.

In saying that, I think this looks very good and I'll certainly be getting it when it's released! Although, my biggest complaint is the user interface looks very clunky.

5. Qurao

Qurao Well-Known Member

Oct 29, 2010
    Denmark
    #25 Qurao, Apr 17, 2012
    Looks pretty cool, but I agree that the UI seems to be a bit heavier than it should.

6. jirayasama

jirayasama Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2010
    Network Admin
    Brasil
    Hey batux1617 can you put a sample video or screenshots about the capture system and tell us how did they work ?

7. batux1617

batux1617 Active Member

Apr 17, 2012
    Hello! The UI is dynamic, they key items bar can be hidden by just tapping the items icon, so you will open it only when you need it ;) if it still looks clunky we will let our community make suggestions and change it as we develop the game.

8. batux1617

batux1617 Active Member

Apr 17, 2012
    Thanks so much! Killercow! Your input will be very valuable to us when we start development, looking forward to your feedback!

9. batux1617

batux1617 Active Member

Apr 17, 2012
    @jirayasama the capture system is still under development but as soon as we have a solid proposal we will post it everywhere to get feedback!

10. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    To be honest I really like these graphics more than the pixel graphics! There are so many games on the App Store riding on the good old "nostalgic pixels" or whatever and when I've owned so many of them, I really want to go back to simple cartoony or realistic graphics...

11. batux1617

batux1617 Active Member

Apr 17, 2012
    I really like your project! I highlighted the things we believe makes us different from Pokemon in our project page, and yes we do make reference to Pokemon in the video so we could explain easily what was the game about : a monter capture game, once again its like comparing Street Fighter vs MK.

If after reading the whole thing you think this is "just" a clone I respect your opinion and just like you said on a recent interview: play the game and if you still think it's a clone, we are fine with it.

Good Luck! with your project! I will be getting your game as soon as its released :)

12. Neo-Dragon

Neo-Dragon Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2012
    #32 Neo-Dragon, Apr 17, 2012
    Oh, trust me, I know what it's like being called a clone game (not always fun to read). I just ment that comment in regards to what the other user said.

But I truly support this project and I love that you all are making a game in this sub-genre because we have something in common. I said this also to the guys making MyMyMonsters (another game in this sub-genre), I hope to some day met your team and discuss in depth about our games. That is my goal, to meet up with other developers in this area - like minded people.
    I'm a 1-man team, I don't hold any grudges or say "ohhhh.... competition" - that's not my style (although I might joke about it in a comment). I'll be checking in on the thread regularly and if I get some extra cash I'll be donating to your kickstarter project.

So to sum up, I don't think your a clone, not at all. But if that user was referring to ZENFORMS with his comment, I was just pointing out the obvious compared to it.

Edit
    Ha your line about Street Fighter vs. MK was great. I always say the same but replace the games with Call Of Duty and Battlefield.

13. batux1617

batux1617 Active Member

Apr 17, 2012

hahaha it's a tough challenge, but someone has to do it! Looking forward to talk more about our projects, and Kudos to you! you've done an amazing job as a one man team!

14. batux1617

batux1617 Active Member

Apr 17, 2012
    One of my favorite monsters in the game :) What do you think?

[​IMG]

15. iJayCee

iJayCee Member
    Patreon Gold

Jul 3, 2010
    Great job guys! Absolutely FANTASTIC artwork. Loving the animation, multiplayer, mechanics. It's everything that all previous collection games have been lacking. More monsters will be added periodically I hope? That would be perfect, perhaps some random incredibly rare monsters? LIMITLESS possibilities with this type of game on this type of platform. You could REALLY have something here if you execute this properly! Good luck to all of you!

16. batux1617

batux1617 Active Member

Apr 17, 2012
    Thanks!!! I agree with you, it's all about execution :)

I am closing this thread to start a new one with more material, looking forward to your input!

17. batux1617

batux1617 Active Member

Apr 17, 2012
    mmmm I take it back, I don't see any options to close this one, I will keep posting material here :p (I am clearly a noob at using Forums lol...)

18. batux1617

batux1617 Active Member

Apr 17, 2012
    Ready for some teasers?

This is one of my favorite Micromon's:

[​IMG]

What do you think? Do you like it? It's a wind type.

19. jirayasama

Sep 24, 2010
    Network Admin
    Brasil
    ow it means a tasmanian devil if the predator i like.
    hey batux i read the game are free, why not put the price to 2,99 or 4,99 if the kickstarter failed, i like to buy games and the price insn't to high and made the studio get funds and made more updates and more games

20. jirayasama

Sep 24, 2010
    Network Admin
    Brasil
    batux
    will have the "pokeball" you has the pic of this item