Universal [Armor Age: Tank Wars] - historically tactical RTS

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by HeroCraftGames, Aug 11, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HeroCraftGames

HeroCraftGames Well-Known Member
    Patreon Indie

Jul 2, 2012
    #1 HeroCraftGames, Aug 11, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2017
    [​IMG]

Hi everyone! We are very excited to share that our new tactical strategy game is coming to iOS soon!

Armor Age: Tank Wars - in a nutshell is a tactical RTS set in the world of 20th-century tank battles.

How to jump in the beta test of Armor Age:
    At this very moment the game is available for players from Ireland, New Zealand and Australia. If you are in one of these countries you can download the game from the store: https://itunes.apple.com/app/id1164815902

If you are not:
    1. send your Apple ID at http://armorage.herocraft.com/en or send us a PM here on TouchArcade.
    2. wait for the e-mail with the redeem code
    3. use the code and install Armor Age

1.jpg 2.jpg

Description:
    Take command of a platoon of these battle vehicles and lead it through a whole row of battle operations.
    Fight in campaign and survival modes. Level up your tanks and their crews and get blueprints for new technology.
    Pick up to six tanks for your platoon from a multitude of real-world combat vehicles, each with its own role on the battlefield.
    Your personal hangar can fit a tank unit matching any tactical and playing style. Try out your tactical ideas and show off your talent as a commander by challenging other players to PvP battles.

Features:
    - Realism combined with straightforward controls
    - Historically accurate combat vehicles from various countries
    - Real time battles with tactical pause mode
    - A variety of tactical situations and missions

3.jpg 4.jpg

About Beta:
    We really hope you will help us make this next game even better. We listen to our players carefully. You have a real opportunity to take part in the game's development right now, as well as influence the direction it takes. Leave feedback, requests, and comments on here or on our Facebook and Twitter; we'll be happy to receive them.

Active users will be rewarded with special gifts in the future release version of the game.

Tech info:
    Please note that this game is a work in progress. The game may not launch on some devices. If you've encountered a problem of this kind, send us a report specifying the model of your device. This will be a great help.

You may also encounter bugs, crashes, and imbalanced gameplay. Functionality and the quantity of game content are significantly limited in this version. We'll add new content and features in future updates, as well as fix any errors found.

If you've encountered a problem, please detail the sequence of actions you performed before the error occurred. It would be great if you could include a screenshot.

2. Wrath

Wrath Well-Known Member

May 26, 2011
    Seattle
    Wow, I am definitely loving those graphics! Nicely done!

3. LANCEtheLAW

LANCEtheLAW Active Member

Oct 4, 2012
    Signed up for beta etc.
    Trailer looks promising!

4. Bloodangel

Bloodangel Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2011
    Retail
    England
    I'd like to try this too please

5. HeroCraftGames

Patreon Indie

Jul 2, 2012
    Hi guys! We have sent the keys to everyone who signed up. Thanks for your support!

6. Papicus65

Papicus65 Active Member

May 8, 2013
    I got a code, but cannot fathom how to use it. I'm in Europe by the way

7. HeroCraftGames

Patreon Indie

Jul 2, 2012
  8. Papicus65

Papicus65 Active Member

May 8, 2013
    Lol, it was just so easy! I feel like a complete idiot... Worked like a charm, thank you!

9. Papicus65

Papicus65 Active Member

May 8, 2013
    Some quick impressions

Hello, I just played the tutorial stages.
    I must admit I'm quite impressed by the overall quality of the game. Everything is well explained, graphics are very good, tank models accurate (I'm no expert, but I know my Tigers I from my PzIV ausf.G if I say so myself!) and gameplay strategic and fun.

Controls are the classic tap to go, tap to attack, map is full 3D but with fixed camera angle (you can zoom however).

Looking forward to tackle the campaign.

I experienced a crash after the first tutorial stage and I had to repeat it after rebooting the game. This is the only glitch I experienced for now.

I play on an iPad Mini 2 updated to the latest iOS version.

10. Papicus65

Papicus65 Active Member

May 8, 2013
    #10 Papicus65, Aug 18, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2017
    Suggestion: it would be useful to have a couple of buttons or slide mechanic to shift between tanks in platoon in the upgrade/experience screen. As it is now you have to click a tank, perform upgrades, close the window, click another tank and so on. It's just a minor personal quibble however, not intended as a complaint.

Also, perhaps it would be better to emphasize the absolute necessity to upgrade your vehicles after every battle. I forgot to do it and in the first star scenario after mission 1 (which I beat without much hassle) I was completely trounced. I was about to complain about the massive difficulty spike but then remembered I had to upgrade my crews and tanks... d'oh!

11. HeroCraftGames

Patreon Indie

Jul 2, 2012
    Good day, Commanders! New large Armor Age update is out! In this update we focused on the PvP aspect of the game.
    As always we are waiting for your feedback in the comment section. Stay tuned.

What's new:
    - New PvP Tournaments mode
    - Two new PvP maps
    - Reworked tank stats UI
    - Game Center achievements
    - Balance improvements
    - Bugfixes

12. HeroCraftGames

Patreon Indie

Jul 2, 2012
    Hi, guys! Armor Age is just released on App Store and it's ads free. We hope you'll enjoy the game.