Kosmo Spin by Simogo (universal app!)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Ninjagorilla, Oct 29, 2010.

1. Ninjagorilla

Ninjagorilla Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2010
    Hi!
    I'm Simon from Simogo. We're a two man studio (me & gordon!), and we've previously mostly worked on console games. Ilomilo, Lode Runner, R-Type Dimensions are some game we've worked on.
    Aaaaanyway:
    Yesterday we announced our first game Kosmo Spin for iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad (yep, it's an universal app!)
    It's a game about spinning the universe. Instead of me explaining all the aspects of the gameplay, have a look at the trailer for our game:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHvKwHyHYDQ
    (if possible, I recommend watching it in all its HD 720p glory!)

I've also attached some screens to this post!

For even more info and stuff on the game go to our website:
    www.kosmospin.com

We're currently wrapping up Kosmo Spin (bug fixing and optimizing so that it runs smooth on all generations) and are expecting to submit it to apple pretty soon. So we're hoping it'll be out in November.

Hope you like it! If you have any questions just shoot!

Attached Files:

2. FPE

FPE Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2010
    World, now Belgium
    Looks cute and fun!
    I would love to give it a spin :D

3. sammysin

sammysin Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2010
    Government Official.
    Swansea, UK
    Oh man! This looks epic. I'm a huge admirer of your work on Ilomilo. That game also looks super. I'm all for the adorable characters and funny sounds. Consider this at the top of my waiting for list.

4. Ninjagorilla

Aug 6, 2010
    Wow, that makes me super happy to hear!

Also glad to hear that you're digging the sounds since this is the first game that i'm not only doing the art for but also all sound and music (that's me playing the ukulele in the trailer!).

5. BazookaTime

BazookaTime Well-Known Member

Looks great.

6. songbird

songbird Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2009
    This looks awesome and I love the presence of the word universal in the title! :)

7. sammysin

Feb 23, 2010
    Government Official.
    Swansea, UK
    Really glad you are pleased Simon!

I'm curious as to what your role was in Ilomilo... Can't wait to try this, any idea when it's going to be sent off to Apple?

P.S - you are cool cause you know how to play the ukulele!

8. Ninjagorilla

Aug 6, 2010
    songbird, Great. It would feel silly to not make it universal. It's the same game, with different resolutions. I get the problem with keeping your app under 20mb with twice the assets size, really... But that's not an excuse to slap on an "HD" tag to your title and make your consumers pay double the price for assets you've already produced in twice the resolution.

sammysin, for ilomilo I came up with the art style, and made almost all of the art myself (models, textures, animation, everything). Also wrote the story, a lot of dialouge (and other texts), and basically was supervising/directing the general "feel" or should I say, tone or mood (?) of the game.
    And played Ukulele, Harmonica and Kazoo on some tracks... But I can't really play either of them. I just squeeze them and make them produce some sounds. :)

We are aiming to send it off to approval as soon as possible. Gordon is super busy with squashing the last bugs, optimizing so that it runs smooth on all generations of devices and I have some final gameplay balancing... So. We're hoping to have it ready for apple in maybe a week, not more than two. So it should be out in November. That's what we're hoping anyway!

9. sammysin

Feb 23, 2010
    Government Official.
    Swansea, UK
    Really fantastic mate. I'm going to call myself your biggest fan. I remember being on the phone to my girlfriend when I first saw how cute and excellent Ilomilo looked. I was demanding she got on your site and saw it for herself.

Count me in to pick this up as soon as it's out! Best of luck finishing it off.
    Cheers to you for being such a visionary for cute characters and lovely textures!

10. Ninjagorilla

Aug 6, 2010
    Heart warming stuff! Very happy to hear it! :)

I've got some spare ilomilo badges that were made for a conference. PM me your adress if you'd be intrested in some of them!

11. sammysin

Feb 23, 2010
    Government Official.
    Swansea, UK
    Glad I made you happy Simon!

I'd be more than pleased to have some ilomilo stuff, will PM you for sure.

Hopefully you'll have some plushies sometime so I can buy em!

12. JaimeGGG

JaimeGGG Active Member

Oct 28, 2010
    This looks glorious!!
    Do you have any wallpaper with the incredible art of this game?

How long till is out?

13. Ninjagorilla

Aug 6, 2010
    Why thank you!
    We don't have any wallpaper yet, no. But I can make some when the game is released!
    We're planning on having the game out by this month (November). We'll be submitting pretty soon, anyway!

14. Enco

Enco Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2010
    Any updates?

Game looks great!

15. Ninjagorilla

Aug 6, 2010
    Thanks!
    We'll be submitting pretty soon. You should be able to play the game in a couple of weeks, if everything goes according to plan :)

By the way. Head over to http://www.belowtheclouds.com/en/2010/10/28/kosmo-spin-av-simogo/
    You'll find our promo art there in nice high resolution. There's also some of my primitive sketches there.

16. sammysin

Feb 23, 2010
    Government Official.
    Swansea, UK
    Love the picture on the link!

17. Ninjagorilla

Aug 6, 2010
    Nice. Yeah, my plan was to maybe do a wallpaper in different sizes around release.

Did you ever get those pins in the mail by the way?

18. Nullroar

Nullroar Well-Known Member

Jan 6, 2010
    Software Rep, Rhyme Guru, Game Editor
    Munich
    Kosmo Spin

Hey Simon,

Ben here (I wrote you guys that crazy rhyming email. : P)

Best of luck on the release!

19. Ninjagorilla

Aug 6, 2010
    Hi Ben, thank you!

I loved that mail! :D

20. Qurao

Qurao Well-Known Member

Oct 29, 2010
    Denmark