Major suggestion!

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by vbxz47, Jan 15, 2011.

1. vbxz47

vbxz47 Well-Known Member

May 28, 2009
    Ohio
    If anyone wins the 10000 dollar US iTunes giftcard, they should create a master account for all toucharcade members and their family and friends. That way it be put to good use. At least I would do that. I mean how is one person going to spend all that money. Good luck everyone!

2. Slapshot

Slapshot Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2009
    fail, can't you see somebody making multiple accounts and buying iRa Pro over and over?

3. Or you can give the gift card to me. Problem solved.

4. LBG

LBG Señor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    First of all, the chance that the person who wins has a TA account is extremely low. And on top of that, the chance that anyone would be that generous is probably just as slim.
    And anyway, with the rate at which some TA members buy games, I'd be surprised if that $10k lasted a week :p

5. vbxz47

vbxz47 Well-Known Member

May 28, 2009
    Ohio
    That's impossible, because the funds would stay on that account and can't be moved.

@LBG- yeah I know haha but you never know man theres always a chance and it wouldn't matter because you can redownload the apps for free. It's just a suggestion and I swear to God I would do that if I won and I guess actually someone could change password haha. Maybe some kind of legal agreement. Whatever just a thought ;)

6. CassieTheChaoticCupcake

CassieTheChaoticCupcake Well-Known Member

I'd sell it for the $10k and buy maybe $200 worth of iTunes cards... Just sayin'...

7. K?!

K?! Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2010
    alea iacta est
    #7 K?!, Jan 15, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2011
    No offense, I know that's a noble idea, but I doubt that if you got 10,000 dollars, you'd share it with the trolls on TA.

Also, trolls would buy all the $999.99 apps first, so you'd be out of money within days. Best to have people ask you to buy apps for them, and only purchase stuff yourself.

8. vbxz47

vbxz47 Well-Known Member

May 28, 2009
    Ohio
    Yeah but no one would take for 10000, maybe 5000 but good idea.

And @ K again yeah that's a very good idea. I'd definitely let in a select few though. I think you have my trust.

9. CassieTheChaoticCupcake

Apple has probably already thought this through and just dispensed it in 100 cards of $100 each. It'd be crazy to publicly announce their name and location on the website and put such a large amount of money (even iTunes credit) in their hands.

10. vbxz47

vbxz47 Well-Known Member

May 28, 2009
    Ohio
    Good point, I agree they could of, but I think they won't split them. But I do think if they announce the person it will be a fake name or just no announcement at all. I can't remember if they did last time.

11. LBG

LBG Señor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    13-year-old Connor Mulcahey from Weston, Connecticut won it last time according to Apple. He also won an iPod Touch and Macbook Pro, so maybe they threw in a couple of security guards as well ;)

http://www.apple.com/pr/library/2009/04/24appstore.html

12. vbxz47

vbxz47 Well-Known Member

May 28, 2009
    Ohio
    Haha for sure I already have a MacBook pro but I guess it wouldnt hurt to have another. :)

13. CassieTheChaoticCupcake

They did last time. His full name and the CITY and state he was from.

14. CassieTheChaoticCupcake

So you all can be worry free for at least another week, I've done the math for the current number it's at.
    Every 5 seconds the apps purchased go up by 1000.
    That's 12,000 apps every minute.
    Roughly 199 million left to go. Divide that by the 12,000, then convert that into the time interval.
    We have about 11.5 more days before that's even getting near the 10 billion mark.

15. vbxz47

vbxz47 Well-Known Member

May 28, 2009
    Ohio
    Wow nice job haha.

16. funkynubman

funkynubman Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2009
    News Reporter/ Superhero
    Right. Behind. You.
    If you suddenly won 10,000 dollars for iTunes out of amazing luck, let me ask you: Would you give it all away to this huge community of greedy iPhone-nerds to spend away at their desire? It would all be gone in a week or less, probably with this one guy having 9000 bucks worth of crap and the rest being randomly scavenged off. Plus, asking the question "How can one person spend that much money" indicates that you're a young child, unaware of the evils and the greed of the economy fueled by the lust for more and more? Shield your eyes! Run away before it's too late! There's no hope for me, but you can save yourself! Go!!!