PowerFlow - The Hexagonic Action Puzzler - PROMO CODES! - Universal App

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by SyboSeven, Nov 8, 2011.

1. SyboSeven

SyboSeven New Member

Nov 7, 2011
    #1 SyboSeven, Nov 8, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2011
    UPDATE: We throw PROMO CODES out for the Beta Version! :)

Drop a post here, if you're interested!

I'm a sound guy / game developer from a small indie team called Sybo Games :cool:

We just launched the fast paced 3D racer Cosmic Cab - and within a week or two, we take it even further with our next title:

PowerFlow

It's gonna be a hexagonic, tile-twisting and mind-messing action puzzler! We sure hope you'll find it interesting :)

Some Promo Codes will be out before the release.
    Check out the Trailer:

2. powerflower

powerflower Well-Known Member

Jul 25, 2011
    Looks interesting. And I love the name! ;)

3. GoofyJmaster.

GoofyJmaster. Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2011
    College Student
    Ohio, USA
    Had to watch a few times to really grasp what was going on. :eek:

Puzzlers are always on my radar, so keep up the good work!

4. SyboSeven

SyboSeven New Member

Nov 7, 2011
    Thanx a lot guys! :)

The trailer is only meant to be a cool teaser - it shows the core of the action, not the game mechanics in any detail...

But the game starts slow and well-explained. We're currently winding up on a nice tutorial system. :)

If you look forward to this, please like us on facebook to get news, insides and release dates!

5. Sybo-Sly

Sybo-Sly Active Member

Oct 4, 2011
    Game Developer
    Denmark
    Promo Codes for Beta version

Hi guys - we have a bunch of promo codes for the Beta version. Let me know and I'll hook you up.

The only thing that is missing in the Beta version of PowerFlow is the tutorial - I'll post a brief introduction in here later on. The game is really simple to pick up, so you should be good to go right away.

6. Sybo-Sly

Sybo-Sly Active Member

Oct 4, 2011
    Game Developer
    Denmark
    Thanks for the mails, guys. Please post in this thread if you want a promo code for beta testing. :D

7. williamsyee

williamsyee Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    SQA
    I would like to try this, if promo code still available. Thanks! :)

8. Sai113

Sai113 Member

Jul 1, 2011
    looks quite interessting.
    if im right u have to connect the single fields with each other before the "laser" string reaches u, or am i wrong?
    how is the development going, when can we expect it to be release?:)

9. fluffernutter

fluffernutter Well-Known Member

Jun 6, 2011
    I love a good puzzle game, and this looks really cool. I would love a code if you have any left.

10. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    If you still have any Powerflow beta promos left I'm definitely interested.

11. Sybo-Sly

Sybo-Sly Active Member

Oct 4, 2011
    Game Developer
    Denmark
    Yes, you are absolutely right :)

We have submitted the "final" version to Apple now, so unless we get some feedback from you guys we should implement before release, we will launch as soon as Apple approves.

12. Sybo-Sly

Sybo-Sly Active Member

Oct 4, 2011
    Game Developer
    Denmark
    PowerFlow Beta Tutorial

Sai113 pretty much nailed the gameplay. Anyways, here's a short introduction:

1. Tap tiles to rotate them
    2. Align tiles to connect the blue power flow
    3. Keep the power flowing so the laser beam doesn't catch up
    4. Look out for Power Ups: Golden Hex, Super Connect and Slow Down. These will be crucial for your survival as the game speeds up.

Happy beta testing :)
    Please review or give some feedback in here!

13. Brimah

Brimah Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Looks interesting, cant wait to try it out.

14. LordGek

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    #14 LordGek, Nov 15, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2011
    Game Impressions

Pipes Meets Lumines

Being one of the lucky ones who got to preview the game I can testify it is good fun. If trying to sum it up quickly I'd say it's something like Pipes meets Lumines.

The game field is composed of a bunch of little circular tiles with pathways drawn through them and that by simply tapping will rotate a bit clockwise. At the very start of the game the far left center tile is "hot" and you are tasked with trying to make a continuous flow by rotating these tiles.

The game field is continuously moving to the left, faster and faster as you complete each level, giving you less and less time to nicely line the flow up. Once you paint yourself into a corner (link to a tile you can't rotate in some way so as to link further forward), the game ends.

If at any point you can branch the flow so as to fill up an entire column of tiles, you'll receive a temporary score multiplier.

The game also has a number of power-ups (just link the flow into a circuit board with one of them to gain its effects) but I'm still not entirely sure what they do.

The game supports Open Feint Leaderboards but they appear to be understandably disabled in this beta version.

Very compelling and tense gameplay, 4/5.

15. williamsyee

williamsyee Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    SQA
    #15 williamsyee, Nov 15, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2011
    And yes, I'm also one of the lucky previewer of the great game!
    It is a great game, the gameplay is simple, just keep the power flow as far as you can and score as much as you can! It is an endless flowing game! You have to move and think quick as the level goes up, as the speed of the flow is increasing!
    I like the menu very much! I was like wow, cool menu! Another plus point is the game graphics, it looks great on my iPhone 3GS.
    You can select levels at the menu screen so that you no need to start at level 0 every time, provided you have to reach that particular level.

I got some questions want to ask:
    -Do you have pause button during gameplay?
    -Where is the GC leader board? I could only see OF icon, but no GC icon.

I got 1 suggestion at the moment, will you guys integrate with social networking site to brag about your score on twitter & Facebook?

Update: Sometimes ads pop-up during the game and the game is not pause then game over.

16. LordGek

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    I agree a pause button is crucial but it should also definitely blank out the screen so a player could not use the pause as a why to freeze the board and plot out a path. Also, what do the three power-ups do exactly? The Slo-Mo one is pretty obvious but I'm not sure about the other 2.

17. fluffernutter

fluffernutter Well-Known Member

Jun 6, 2011
    I was also lucky enough to receive a preview promo code. I played it on my iPad and it looks really awesome on the big screen. I agree with williamsyee, the main menu is really cool and made me more excited to play the game. Even without the tutorial in the beta version this game is very simple to pick up and play. That being said the game is very fast paced, I did not make it very far, but I do feel like i would get better with practice. The only thing I would add to this game would be different levels of difficulty for beginning players to expert. I think this is a really fun and fast paced game, I'm going to practice some more now.

18. Sybo-Sly

Sybo-Sly Active Member

Oct 4, 2011
    Game Developer
    Denmark
    #18 Sybo-Sly, Nov 16, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2011
    Absolutely - a pause button and Game Center as well as Open Feint is in the release.

I'd say there's a 70% chance FB and Twitter will be in the first release. If not, 100% chance it will be in the first update :)

Thanks a million! We just added the pop-ups to see how they work. This is very critical indeed, and shall be fixed! We only want the ads to appear in the menu - never in-game during an adrenaline rush :cool:

19. Sybo-Sly

Sybo-Sly Active Member

Oct 4, 2011
    Game Developer
    Denmark
    Power(Flow)-Ups

The power-ups are as follows:

• Golden Hex: This one adds some extra points to your score. It won't help you survive, but it can help you get those damn crazy high scores :)
    • Slow Down: Slows down game speed. Hitting these continuously is the key to survival when you reach higher levels and the game speed accelerates.
    • Super Connect: This connects all connectable tiles on the board in a large radius from the power-up tile. It will help you get quickly ahead when the laser beam is breathing down your neck.

20. LordGek

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    I was hoping this was just a cute beta issue as nothing brings you out of the mood like suddenly having a "Puppy Palace" banner ad fill you screen right in the thick of things! The only way I ever really got it in the middle of gameplay was when I Homed Out (having no clear way to pause the game) and then brought the game back up again.