NOVA 3 - Gameloft

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by lord-sam, Apr 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Yeah, there is a lot of irony considering the crysis 3 announcement as well today.
    Irony of course being the polite way of saying it.

Still though, the game looks like it might just be visually amazing. If they combine that with the gameplay of the first, which is still more entertaining than the rather dull gameplay of the second, I think we might have a new king of shooters on ios.

Hopefully it doesnt take up too much space but considering MC3 takes up 1.8gb and IB2 takes virtually 1 gig, if you combine the two it might be time to get a 64gb iPad 3.

2. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Yes please.

3. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

Interesting Fact about N.O.V.A. 3 - Near Orbit Vanguard Alliance:

[​IMG]

4. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Does that mean they finally revamped their aging engine?

5. Der-Kleine

Der-Kleine Well-Known Member

Uhm, did you forget Modern Combat 3? That looked pretty amazing for it's time and is still one of the best looking iOS games!

6. killercow

killercow Well-Known Member

Gameloft confirmed on twitter that this is not a freemium title. If it's the same dev team as mc3 then it could be really really good. Let's hope for 32 players this time ;)

7. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

That`s my Friend is the right Question that should be currently asked! If their InHouse Engine does look already that sexy, why did they even took the Time and overall the Money to license last Year the Unreal Engine from Epic Games for four Games.

While it doesn`t matter at the End I really hope that I will find the Time to talk to their Engineering Team since I`m more interested in their current InHouse Engine then about the Fact that we are going to see a new N.O.V.A Game :D

8. 0-FeliX-0

0-FeliX-0 Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2011
    YES! YES! This will be an insta-buy!

9. Der-Kleine

Anyone else hoping that this will have vehicles? (and not like the bike in NOVA 2)

also:

[​IMG]

from their facebook page!

10. Manu3008

Manu3008 Active Member

Apr 10, 2012
    This one looks much more like crysis than halo I'm officially intrigued... Too bad it's quite obviously not going to run in my iPod 4g

11. Der-Kleine

I've asked them on twitter. I think it will run (though it probably won't look nearly as good as on an A5(X) device), hey, MC3 ran fine on mine and that looked pretty good too!

12. killercow

killercow Well-Known Member

Yeah i hope so too! And with battlefield like maps in multiplayer... One can dream eh?

13. handintoaster

handintoaster Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2010
    I guess it's not coming to the ipod... :(
    From their facebook: Kal Wardin is back for another round! -Coming soon to iPhone, iPad, & Android!

They didn't say anything about ipod so it might mean that it won't support it.

14. Der-Kleine

well devs quite often put the iPhone and iPod in one group, since there isn't that much of a difference...

15. Havent played N.O.V.A 1 or 2 yet

Totally going to get this though

16. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Well, if it is the in house engine, as obviously it is by that quote, it certainly looks like its been upgraded from MC3.
    That engine did a very good job on MC3 but the trailer graphics and the photo definitely are an upgrade.
    Hopefully it is a bit more compact but if it's the same size as MC3, that's a fair trade off for excellent graphics. Bigger though would be a bit of a problem.
    Hopefully, it is Montreal that did the development though.

17. dinoeggs777

dinoeggs777 Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2011
    Oh goodness. 2 gb game. I wish there was a way to delete the campaign after you finish it and keep the multiplayer.

18. callmericardo

callmericardo Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2011
  19. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    #60 Rip73, Apr 24, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2012
    Plus a Slide to Play writer has said he played it a bit today and will have some impressions up early next week.
    That's a particularly good sign in relation to a release date.
    Actual gameplay impressions of MC3 went up about 2 weeks before its release.
    However, this could just be me being very optimistic.
    It would be very unusual for Gameloft to release so quickly after announcing a game so I'm gonna expect it in about 4 weeks and be very pleasantly surprised if it comes sooner.

Edit: the writer in question is the editor in chief by the way, so a good source in relation to gameplay but didn't give an indication as to any release date.