Universal Civilization Revolution 2 for iOS releasing on July 2nd

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Twenty One, Jun 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Twenty One

Twenty One Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2012
    Oil & Gas Engineer
    Oklahoma City, USA
    2K Announces Sid Meier's Civilization Revolution 2 Coming to iOS July

2K today announced that Sid Meier's Civilization Revolution 2, the sequel to one of the most popular and award-winning, turn-based strategy games to hit the App Store, is launching as a premium title on July 2 for iOS devices, including the iPhone, iPad, iPad Mini and iPod Touch. The title will be coming soon to Android devices.

Civilization Revolution 2 is the first Civilization game to be developed exclusively for mobile platforms, delivering high-impact graphics and new gameplay and controls that capitalize on the mobile technology advancements since the original Sid Meier's Civilization Revolution launched more than five years ago. The game will combine the core tactical elements of the series with intuitive controls and a friendly user interface - designed specifically for mobile gamers on touch-pad devices. Civilization fans will also recognize the 16 historical leaders found in the first game, including Abraham Lincoln, Gandhi and Napoleon, alongside leaders such as Churchill and Kennedy, who are making their appearance in the series for the first time.

The original Civilization Revolution, designed by Firaxis Games in 2008, was a watershed game for console and handheld systems and brought to iPhone in 2009. In 2010, the title was optimized for Apple's high-definition iPad and has since achieved an average rating of 4/5 stars among iOS users. Staying true to the series, Civilization Revolution 2 will allow players to lead a civilization from the dawn of man to the modern age, and go head-to-head with history's most intrepid leaders as they wage war, conduct diplomacy, discover new technologies, and build the most powerful empire the world has ever known in a race for ultimate supremacy.

For more information on Sid Meier's Civilization Revolution 2, please visit civilization.com, become a fan on Facebook, follow Civilization on Twitter and subscribe to 2K on YouTube.

2. klink

klink 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 22, 2013
    No thank you
    USA
    Interesting. I wonder if this is going to be a premium quality game like X-COM or a buggy free to play game like Dungeon Keeper. I hope for the former but I fear it will be a later.

3. Alan-C

Alan-C Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2014
    Developer
    You got my hopes very much up when I read the title! Then I read the article, Civilization Revolution 2. Still good, don't get me wrong, but having Civ2 classic would have been astonishing!

4. Twenty One

Jan 19, 2012
    Oil & Gas Engineer
    Oklahoma City, USA
    Premium

They said it would be PREMIUM so I'm guessing it will be priced similar to the first one with a few IAP.

I forgot to add "Revolution" to the thread title...oops!

Anyway, I'm really looking forward to this mainly for multiplayer.....Im still playing the first one after all this time!

5. christopherrocs

christopherrocs Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2013
    I hope you Can go past year 2200 in this
    One. One major flaw from the last one in my opinion

6. MobiMajk

MobiMajk New Member

Jun 23, 2014
    hope they won't change it to iap hell...

7. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

I don`t mind putting some money where my mouth is if the Game doesn`t have some iAP but if it`s just another of 2K's iAP Festivals I don`t care if Civilization Revolution 2 becomes another failed investment for them and they have to close down another of their Studios. I hope for the best but also preparing for the worst....

8. Game.PN

Game.PN Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2013
    Going to the prison called "School"
    Earth,Milky Way
    I think I'm gonna buy a new iPad

9. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    I liked the first but kind of completed one game easily and never played it again.

10. Darth Nihilus

Darth Nihilus Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Pripyat, Mexico.
  11. Tutt22

Tutt22 Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2010
    How can this game be only days away and nothing else is available for screens, videos or information. It's making me worried it's just going to be a new paint job for Revolution rather than a new game.

12. Mene

Mene <b>ACCOUNT CLOSED</b>: <em>Officially</em> Quit iO

Mar 18, 2012
    I'm expecting this to be premium but iap'd to hell.

I would be very happy if I was wrong but I'll hold off buying until I've seen some feedback on it.

13. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

2K Games usually has an sweat little Embargo on some of their Mobile Games ;)

Wouldn`t actually be suprised if there won`t appear any more Information about the Game 24h after the Launch similar to Borderlands Legends.

14. djstout

djstout Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2011
    Sportscaster & football (soccer) coach
    Taiwan & Japan
    YEEEESSS! Instant buy for me!

15. Alan-C

Alan-C Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2014
    Developer
    I will get this on day one probably, but I am quite pessimistic on the game itself. The first one was extremely simple and very easy.

We deserve something of PC Civ's caliber on iOS, maybe someone in this forum will start creating it :)

16. dannythefool

dannythefool Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2010
    Germany
    The Civ Rev 2 web site does make it look like it's basically a reskinned Civ Rev with more of everything. I'm actually kind of disappointed that the graphics still look nowhere near as nice as the first Civ Rev did on consoles.

But then the only thing I'd really want in a sequel is more challenging gameplay. I bought the first one across three platforms because the short sessions work relatively well for me when I don't have time to play a full strategy game on PC. Probably going to try this one, unless it has obscene IAPs or something.

17. Luciano1084

Luciano1084 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2014
    No multiplayer, that might be the deal breaker for me :(

18. klink

klink 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 22, 2013
    No thank you
    USA
    Knowing this guys it's probably IAP later.

Did I hear $14.99 at the end?

19. Twenty One

Jan 19, 2012
    Oil & Gas Engineer
    Oklahoma City, USA
    Deal breaker for me. If they don't dramatically improve the AI then there will be no reason to bother with this without the challenge of playing against other people.....especially for $15!

I understand the issue of splitting up the player base between two games but c'mon...really? There are a ton of people that still play the multiplayer from Civ Rev, and like me, will probably pass on this because of that.

Wait, did they not charge extra for multiplayer in Civ Rev? Maybe they will release it as DLC later or just update it in much later like they did with XCOM?

Anyway, pretty disappointed and like I said, they are going to miss out on many sales if they haven't GREATLY improved the AI....