Assassin’s Creed Utopia - (by Ubisoft)[Universal]

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Sanuku, Jun 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lord-sam

lord-sam Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2009
    United Kingdom
    Yes, but they go on to say "what we’ve been looking at is to have a true Assassin’s Creed experience, to make sure the fans and those that know and love the brand really recognise the Assassin’s Creed touch" which gives hope!

2. bmdino

bmdino Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2010
    Yea, I really hope it can deliver the true experience without any necessary extra purchases.

3. lord-sam

lord-sam Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2009
    United Kingdom
    #23 lord-sam, Jun 21, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2012
    Found an article that said although this game and AC3 have no direct links, "The narrative will lead into the AC3 narrative, since it's a kind of pre-era to the Assassin's Creed 3 era."

Also, please add these pics:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. datvo06

datvo06 Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2012
    any news ? :D

5. bmdino

bmdino Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2010
    So, I'm guessing the Age of Exploration, early colonization of the America's, 1500-1600's? Maybe Utopia as in they wanted a government free of the catholic church, and the picture kinda looks like an early settlement.

6. iNexus

iNexus Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2010
    The Great White North
    a lot of glu games are suddenly appearing maybe this will be released soon

7. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Ugh...Glu. Just the name gives me a sour taste in my mouth.

8. datvo06

datvo06 Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2012
    ...Does glu have anything to do with this game?:confused:

9. picoro

picoro Well-Known Member

May 23, 2012
    nop this game is from ubisoft

10. Der-Kleine

Der-Kleine Well-Known Member

Isn't it made by GREE?

11. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    It's using GREE platform or something, I think Ubisoft are developing it themselves.

12. TheMerc

TheMerc Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2012
    Has anything been said to suggest that this might be more than a standard freemium, build-your-own-hub type of game? I love Assassin's Creed, and would love nothing more than this be a game capable of making the franchise proud, but so far I'm not that excited...

13. tim240

tim240 Well-Known Member

Jun 26, 2012
    I don't care if it has multiplayer or not, I just want something close to the console version of assassins creed! This better not be a card game or a side scroller!!!

14. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    I'd be happy for a side scroller, but I swear to god if this is a freemium builder then...

15. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    How about a full open world like the console and PC games? The hardware is capable, just leave out the a4 devices.

16. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    The closest you're going to get at this point is the mediocre BackStab...though its unpopular enough to have earned the unfortunate nickname "ButtStab". Lol. Give it a go if you're desperate.

17. Der-Kleine

Der-Kleine Well-Known Member

The controlls wouldn't make it a real Assassins Creed game... (not because they are different, but because you can't press quite as many virtual buttons at once as on a keyboard or controller)

18. bmdino

bmdino Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2010
    It was one of the only Gameloft games I ever finished. I had to restart like 3 times from the beginning because of game-breaking bugs :p But it's actually quite different, because of the virtual buttons being less than adequate as Der-Kleine has said before.

19. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Yes I know...played it on the PC. I'm sure GL could find some kind of compromise, they're good with controls IMO. I'm sure it could be done with some thought.

20. TheMerc

TheMerc Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2012
    #40 TheMerc, Jul 26, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2012
    A close adaptation of the console AC experience would be, quite honestly, too good to be true. I'm not saying it's impossible (what with the GTA3 and Max Payne ports, not to mention games like Mass Effect Infiltrator or Modern Combat 3. These have shown that Apple platforms have the potential and are ready for a more advanced type of gaming) but I'm not sure the folks at Ubisoft are willing to put the effort into it when they can make another throwaway freemium title like the card game or the top-down online game (this one was kind of fun, actually)...