Should I buy Resident Evil, Assassin's Creed, or Neither (Just Wait)?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by qasim, Jun 6, 2009.

?

Should I buy Resident Evil Degenration, Assassin's Creed, or Neither?

1. Resident Evil: Degeneration

10 vote(s)
    37.0%
  2. Assassin's Creed

7 vote(s)
    25.9%
  3. Neither/Wait for More Games

10 vote(s)
    37.0%
  1. qasim

qasim Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2009
    USA
    Should I buy Assassin's Creed or Resident Evil Degeneration?

I just bought myself a nice iTunes Gift Card and have 19 dollars left. This time, I don't want to make a stupid mistake (like previous times) and buy apps/games that I won't play after a couple of days or a week. I have a feeling Resident Evil and Assassin's Creed will be like that, so I MIGHT buy one of them. Does anyone have recommendations. I know the graphics are nice, and the controls are fine, but how is the reply value? Will I be able to play it after a week or so? Did you? I would really like any help. I'd appreciate it.. So please answer to the poll.. Thanks guys!! :)

2. randomdude

randomdude Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2009
    Whoops I clicked neither by accident sorry. Take that vote and turn it to Resident Evil please

3. freedog

freedog Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2009
    I liked Resident Evil better, I have them both. The atmosphere of Resident Evil iphone feels the same as the console versions.
    Also consider Knights Onrush($4.99) ...fun game
    Real Racing will be out in a couple days you dont wanna miss out on that one

4. The Bat Outta Hell

The Bat Outta Hell Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 10, 2009
    Hat Salesman
    Washington
    Not ac. Idc how bad resident evil may be but AC is worse.

5. Yagami_Light

Yagami_Light Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2009
    If you are a Resident Evil fan, you need Degeneration. It takes RE 4 and 5's gameplay, and adds zombies. Its exactly what RE fans have been waiting for over the past 6 years.

6. CBraun53

CBraun53 Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2008
    #6 CBraun53, Jun 6, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2009
    I don't have either so I can't say which is better, but if you are interested in eventually getting both, based off of a strategic point of view I'd recommend Assassin's Creed simply because it's already had a price drop and it will most likely stay at $5.99 (or possibly a short $4.99 sale) where as Resident Evil hasn't had a price drop yet, so possibly by the time you are done with Assassin's Creed, Resident Evil may drop in price.

7. themendoz

themendoz Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2009
    I completely agree with you. Knowing gameloft, AC price will stay here for along time whereas RE could drop soon. Replay value should be about the same

8. iloverightangles111

iloverightangles111 Well-Known Member

Feb 18, 2009
    Terrapin Station
    #8 iloverightangles111, Jun 7, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2009
    If you like a good 3d platformer, get AC! The total game time to beat all 3 difficulty levels is 15 hours, but I didn't get tired of it until the fourth play through was finished! It's my favorite game on my ipod, next to terminator salvation.

Edit: (forgot to say opinion of RE) I liked it, it was fun, but the replay sucks! After you know what do to and solve the puzzles and navigate the airport, why would you want to play it again?

9. I own both games and I like them both equally. If I could only recommend 1 I would suggest Assassin's Creed since it is way more challenging and much longer in length.