OMG . Final Fantasy Creator Working On iPhone Game

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by ilovemyipod, Jan 2, 2010.

1. iPodtouchfancarjacks

iPodtouchfancarjacks Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2009
    north carliona
    omg i cant wait. no not blue dragon,i want FF

2. Suzuku

Suzuku Member

Nov 24, 2009
    Damn, I was just about to post this. But yeah this is exciting. Maybe we'll finally get a good RPG game for the App Store out of Square Enix lol.

3. Vester

Vester Well-Known Member

Wow! Great news, hope FFTA gets on the app store

4. Bdragonst

Bdragonst Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2009
    Student
    Japan -> S.Korea -> USA
    Blue Dragon first.. then if he realize that he's making huge profit, then Final Fantasy

that's my guess

5. S.I.D. CrAzY

S.I.D. CrAzY Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    It wouldn't be a FF game since he no longer works for SquareEnix. Blue Dragon would be nice...

6. Kamazar

Kamazar Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    Rockin' the 'stache, I see. Respect, respect.

7. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany
    I don't think it would be Blue Dragon.
    He's working on a project, he mentioned, not on a port.
    I don't think he's doing the same game twice, that would be unusual.

8. slighmd

slighmd Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2009
    Surgeon
    Philippines
    nice! hope it's a final fantasy game, or a dissidia game, or any RPG! no tower defense please

9. S.I.D. CrAzY

S.I.D. CrAzY Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    Again, he doesn't work for SquareEnix anymore so it wouldn't be a FF game...

10. Theocracy

Theocracy Active Member

Dec 13, 2009
    I really hope it it some sort of RPG. Nothing wrong with turn based strategy games, but there are already a good few of those. A good turn based style RPG would fill an app store void imo.

11. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany
    I think (hope) he wouldn't let pass this opportunity to make a RPG... :rolleyes:

12. Chronical

Chronical Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    St. Gallen, Switzerland
    I'm so excited for this :D

13. Random_Guy

Random_Guy Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2009
    Australia, mate!
    Yeah, I saw this article on PocketGamer.

14. kingkong120

kingkong120 Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2009
    #15 kingkong120, Jan 2, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2010
    Awesome, can't wait to see this.

Edit: I like the word "soon"

15. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany
  16. Eduku

Eduku Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2009
    London
    They'll probably be doing an original title for the idevice, I'm guessing. Here's to hoping it's an RPG of some sort. There still aren't any decent ones

17. GDSage

GDSage Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2009
    Yeah, the first post should be edited to state that 'the Gooch' no longer works at Square Enix and hasn't done so since the early noughties, and so Final Fantasy or any sort of Square Enix project won't be released from him.

In any case, 'the gooch' has been lost ever since he left SE. He has gone from project to project without much success (critical and commercial). Then again, you then need to realise it was never just one man that made Final Fantasy.

- Hiroyuki (Creator of the ATB battle system. Creator of the job system. Creator of the Triple Triad (FFVIII) card game. Battle designer of FFIV, FFV, FFVI. Director of FFIX, and co-director of FFVI, FFXII)

- Kitase (Writer of FFV, FFVI. Director of Chrono Trigger, FFVI, FFVII, FFVIII. Producer of X, XIII)

- Toriyama (co-designer of FFVII, FFVIII. Co-director of FFX, director and writer of FFX-2, FFXIII)

- Kawazu (Designer of FFII, FFIII. Director of Final Fantasy Legend series and creator of Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles series)

- Tsuchida (creator of the CTB battle system. Creator and director of Front Mission series. Battle designer of FFX and FFXIII)

- Nojima (writer of FFVII, FFVIII, FFX)

- Naora (Art director of FFVII, FFVIII, FFX)

- Nomura (Monster designer for FFIV - FFVI. Character designer for FFVII, FFVIII, FFX, FFXIII)

These people were and still are the key staff of Final Fantasy, and are just as important for creating the series as Sakaguchi, and all are still working at SE. The only one Sakaguchi gets to work with now is Uematsu (composer of FFI - FFX).

Sakaguchi was to SE like Miyamoto is to Nintendo, he is mostly a supervisor / visionary but it is his highly talented staff that directs and makes his wares.

So it is difficult to say how a new project by Sakaguchi will fare, because he hasn't been at the top of his game with the Mistwalker dev studio.

18. FinalGamerAC

FinalGamerAC Well-Known Member

May 24, 2009
    Ohio
    #19 FinalGamerAC, Jan 3, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2010
    He has done well enough with Lost Odyssey making a little more than he and Microsoft expected. You also have to consider they have only released 3 games and that they are a small studio compared to Square Enix which are one of the largest third party developers in the industry. He also has done a little more than you think on some of the older SE games:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hironobu_Sakaguchi
    http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Hironobu_Sakaguchi
    Scroll down and read the charts thats just some of the stuff he did up until 2001.