Looking for games similar to Underworlds

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by BumbleBeez, Aug 30, 2010.

1. BumbleBeez

BumbleBeez Well-Known Member

May 19, 2010
    Hey everyone.

I am looking for another game to put on my iphone similar to Underworlds. I like the Diablo style play of that game, and thought that it was a great game!

Can anyone suggest any games that have the same, or very similar, style play? Free or Paid, either is fine :)

Thanks!

2. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Dungeon Hunter is the closest, but not as good IMHO.

Necromancer Rising is a FPS without much story, but loot and hack & slash wise has a similar feel to it.

Story-wise, I'd recommend The Quest, which is a turn-based RPG from a FPS perspective.

3. BumbleBeez

May 19, 2010
    Excellent,

Downloading the "lite" versions from work now to try out :D.

The Quest looks pretty good, and has a gold version for $7.99 which has a few of the expansions, which is a pretty good deal I think.

I honestly like the looks of Necromancer Rising :eek: ... so I hope the story is at least tolerable!

Thanks!

4. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    If you like the lite version of The Quest, the Gold version is a great deal (it will take you a long time before you need more expansions...)

Just be sure to explore the town and talk to everybody before you head out - the game will make a lot more sense that way. One of the best things about this game is that the quests you encounter can be complex and overlap - some quests work against each other, so you have to make some choices as to how you want to play the game...

As for Necromancer Rising - there really isn't much story (it's all random-levels and combat and making things out of the stuff you find) but the bosses are fairly interesting. The demo really starts you in the thick of it (level 30 of 50! :eek:) it won't be quite as crazy starting out at the beginning...)

5. myrmidon

myrmidon Member

Jul 30, 2010
    Self employed, online business
    Geelong, Victoria, Australia.
    question

i would suggest ravensword, vampire hunter, xenome, inotia2, crusade of destiny, dark shrine 3d, chaos rings and deadly dungeon.

Hope that help!

6. myrmidon

myrmidon Member

Jul 30, 2010
    question

oh yeah, and kings hero

good luck!

7. BumbleBeez

May 19, 2010
    That's a list! Of those, what would your top 2 or 3 be?

I don't want to download 20 games ... I'm thinking maybe 5 or 6 new ones for September :)

8. myrmidon

myrmidon Member

Jul 30, 2010
    question answer

from that list i would say that chaos rings is number one and ravensword is number two. Those are honestly essential.

I personally like vampire hunter but they are all keepers

good luck

9. msencenb

msencenb Member

Aug 19, 2010
    Founder/CEO AdsReloaded.com
    Stanford
    What about zenonia (1 or 2)? Looks more like a zelda style than diablo but might be worth a peek :)

10. BumbleBeez

May 19, 2010
    I am actually getting the full versions of all of these, even Necromancer Rising. I have to say though, the "lite" version of Necromancer Rising I didn't find fun at all. You start pretty high up in the game, with ZERO feel for the controls and how to actually play ... it makes for a nightmare learning curve. It will be 1000 X's better starting at level 1!

Chaos Rings is 12.99 :eek: with no 'lite' or 'demo' to give it a spin. I do have both FFI and FFII though, so maybe one of these days, if the price comes down a bit or they offer a demo I can trial run.

Ravensword 'lite' is now on my phone, if it's as good as it looks, I will have the full version of that this weekend too :)

Vampire Hunter ... when I search for it, all I can find are digital comics? Did I miss something obvious?

11. thumbs07

thumbs07 Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2010
    UK
    theres a decent recent game I think maybe similar called rimmland? Its featured by toucharcade atm you can read more about it there.

12. BumbleBeez

May 19, 2010
    I looked at these once before, and I can't remember why I didn't buy them (or the first one anyway). I don't think I disliked them, maybe I just found something I liked better at the time, I don't recall.

I will look that up this weekend!

Thanks everyone for all the input! Heck, I should be good for RPG type stuff from now until Xmas!!! LOL :D

13. Eduku

Eduku Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2009
    London
    I heard Dungeon Hunter II is coming out like, next week or something, but you might want to double check that.

14. slimothy

slimothy Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2009
    Ya, Rimelands is great!

15. smith23177

smith23177 Active Member

Aug 9, 2010
    go with Chaos Rings