Universal [Soft Launch - CA] Monster Hunter Explore (by Capcom)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Exact-Psience, Apr 19, 2016.

1. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    I wish they'd bring back MHFU, but i guess i'll try this for now.

[​IMG]
    Monster Hunter Explore

CAPCOM
    Genres: Games Role-Playing Action
    GAME CENTER ENABLED
    Free ​

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Supported Devices:

• iPhone4
    • iPad2Wifi
    • iPad23G
    • iPhone4S
    • iPadThirdGen
    • iPadThirdGen4G
    • iPhone5
    • iPodTouchFifthGen
    • iPadFourthGen
    • iPadFourthGen4G
    • iPadMini
    • iPadMini4G
    • iPhone5c
    • iPhone5s
    • iPhone6
    • iPhone6Plus
    • iPodTouchSixthGen

Minimum iOS Version: iOS 7.0

Download Size: 50.2MB

App info is currently processing and/or the app is not yet fully available for sale on the US App Store.

2. sivad

sivad Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2013
    Dang I can't remember my Canadian login to try this... Is this the FTP version I remember hearing about?

3. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Yup... Im trying it out. Only got to watch the intro so far and it's fantastic, just like on the wii. But im still downloading updates. :p

Imps later.

4. Dailon80

Dailon80 Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2014
    Program Director/Radio DJ
    Eos
    #4 Dailon80, Apr 19, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2016
    Its the same name as one I've been playing in Japan App Store
    It's a FTP
    I Put some time into it no money because I'm still pissed about MHFU not working and two weeks after I finally bought it.
    At the end of the day I don't love it or hate it. It's ok that's all I can really say
    It def has monster Hunter elements but it is laid out FTP style
    At first I really enjoyed it and over time that waned same experience I've had with every FTP game I have ever downloaded and so I really try to steer clear of them
    I did get a FTP today from Japan and that's Pokemon comaster but it's Pokemon :) plus I want to check it out for others

5. Dailon80

Nov 10, 2014
    Eos
    You will probably love it at first :)

6. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    #6 Exact-Psience, Apr 19, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2016
    I already do i guess. LOL

Initial imps... Combat controls for now.

Pretty straight forward. Static Vstick in the bottom middle to control movement, tap it to auto-attack (perform full combo). Swipe outside the VStick to doge in that direction. Can dodge to cancel attack. Tap the boss monster part to target. Pretty decent i guess, especially for what this game is expected to be (more casual).

EDIT: Crap i really like it... Imma stick with this for now. Damned if i get to shell out money for this.

7. sivad

sivad Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2013
    Well I just created another account cause I can't ever remember my logins... I'm just gonna pad Apple's account numbers #

8. Dailon80

Nov 10, 2014
    Eos
    It's really not a bad FTP game in terms of getting some fun out of it :) I'm gonna play it again when it comes to us App Store

9. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Anyone found a login like FB we can use to sync progress once US version launches?

10. Jayg2015

Jayg2015 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
  11. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

Monster Hunter Explore by Capcom is a tuned down Always Online Monster Hunter Game that does at the current moment only offer a tiny bit of what the Monster Hunter Franchise stands for so mostly those that are still waiting for Monster Hunter Freedom Unite to return will probably give it a try and soon afterwards realize that there isn`t enough to keep them coming back to the Game.

If Capcom don`t add more Content to Monster Hunter Explore the Game will probably not see the same Download Numbers as Monster Hunter Freedom Unite did in the past till Capcom removed it from the iTunes Store.

[​IMG]

The Core Gameplay Mechanics are there in the Game if it comes to the fighting but everything else seem to be kinda tuned down to fit for a new Generation of Mobile Gamer that don`t want to get overwhelmed or even stressed out if it comes to Games that have too many features that are being thrown at them at the same time.

After the first couple of rounds with the Game where the Game wil teach you the Core Gameplay you will be pretty much left alone and this is already the first time where the Game will loose a lof of new Player since those will probably believe that Monster Hunter is just about fighting the same Monster again and again and so on and there isn`t more then just smashing the Attack Button.

[​IMG]

Capcom missed here clearly the chance to reach with Monster Hunter Explore a new audience for the Franchise and instead just tossed a Mobile Game out that won`t be interesting enough after a couple of rounds for those that are new to the Franchise but at the same time not deep enough for those that know the Franchise since the first Monster Hunter Game.

[​IMG]

It`s really suprsing to me that Capcom didn`t just saw the Game as a restart for the hole Franchise and tried to create an Game for those that are brand new to the Franchise and therefore really taking those by the hand and lead those through the hole Fighting Part of the Game but instead only created three cheap and short Videos(!) that do explain how to fight those monster in the Game instead actually taking the time to explain how to do it the right way.

[​IMG]

Besides the usual Bugs (some Monster have different body parts that you can tap to attack those parts but somehow the Game not always recognize it when you tap any of those parts) at the current moment in the Game i kinda felt that Capcom wanted to create a Game that somehow is easily to access while at the same time could offer enough for those that grow up with the Franchise too but as far as I can say I don`t believe that they had done it so far very well.

[​IMG]

Rating: None at the current moment*

*= The Game is currently Soft-Launched and I don`t rate any Games while the Developer are still polishing their Games.

12. fliindnyce

fliindnyce Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2015
    I want this....

13. Gwarmaxx

Gwarmaxx Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701

installed file size after updates?

14. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    1.2 gb...

I dont think this had been mentioned yet... THERE ARE NO TIMERS. At least i havent seen any in the past 3 hours ive been playing.

15. Gwarmaxx

Gwarmaxx Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701

thanks EP... it's huge!

16. WjndWalk3r

WjndWalk3r Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2015
    I haven't play much yet, but i think this game has no timer, no stamina require to play. And they seem didn't sell anything like a chest with 5 stars equip, just sell gem to autoplay or open more chest after a quest :D what a weird game :D

17. Limelight

Limelight Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2014
    To save my city.
    localhost
    Downloading it now man. THank you so much for this. Im a really big fan of MH. I played it in PSP even now. :D

18. kenken11

kenken11 Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2012
    This game is on a different level with other F2P game because it has NO TIMER!

You can literally keep playing towards the end of the world :)

Created a Guild: GodLike

Do join me :)

19. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Cant find your clan id.

20. TotallyImba

TotallyImba Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2010
    United Kingdom
    Will you be able to transfer progress across devices so progress won't be wasted when the game releases in my country?